• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
You can change the order and arrangement of the stage select screen using codes, you can change the images using BrawlBox.
system > common5_en.pac > sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > Textures(NWR4)

Rename common5_en.pac to common5.pac when you put it on the SD.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I posted it already in another Thread, but then I found this one and I think this thread is even better for my problem:

OK I have a question or a request:

Is there a way (code) to make ALL characters impossible to grab Edges ?

I need this, really :O

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
anyone have backgrounds for the melee stages? mainly fountain of dreams? i was thinking of using the background to change custom stage and recreating fountain of dreams.

or, and this is a long shot, could the fountain of dreams stage file be pulled from the melee iso, and somehow used to replace the dream land green greens on brawl???

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. Having some audio problems. I'm trying to replace the standard Corneria music in the stage with this remix http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/263675. For some weird reason, although I have imported the song into my SD card like every other song in Brawl Custom Song Maker, when I play the song in Brawl+, its abnormally low in volume. I imported another Star Fox song onto the same stage (Corneria) from the same website, and its playback is much louder (and easier to hear).

I used Audacity to raise the volume on the song before replacing Corneria (Melee) yet it still plays very low volume. Am I importing the song wrong, or is it the stage? So far, every other song has imported fine from Total Recorder and Audacity into BCSM.

The other problem that I have is that for some reason when I replace Sonic The Hedgehog's victory theme with something else, there is a short delay during the victory animation before the music starts. This problem has only happened with Sonic and no one else. When I replaced a theme for say, Wario, playback of the music starts at the beginning of his victory animation. Any help with these problems is much appreciated.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Hey everyone. Having some audio problems. I'm trying to replace the standard Corneria music in the stage with this remix http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/263675. For some weird reason, although I have imported the song into my SD card like every other song in Brawl Custom Song Maker, when I play the song in Brawl+, its abnormally low in volume. I imported another Star Fox song onto the same stage (Corneria) from the same website, and its playback is much louder (and easier to hear).

I used Audacity to raise the volume on the song before replacing Corneria (Melee) yet it still plays very low volume. Am I importing the song wrong, or is it the stage? So far, every other song has imported fine from Total Recorder and Audacity into BCSM.

The other problem that I have is that for some reason when I replace Sonic The Hedgehog's victory theme with something else, there is a short delay during the victory animation before the music starts. This problem has only happened with Sonic and no one else. When I replaced a theme for say, Wario, playback of the music starts at the beginning of his victory animation. Any help with these problems is much appreciated.
The GUI is very screwy with volume issues, if Dant gets the code Kryal used for looping in the latest BrawlBox, he'll make a new version.
As for Sonic's theme...I have no clue
And a quick question, what file do you need to edit the character icons in the CSS to match your texture hacks?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I posted it already in another Thread, but then I found this one and I think this thread is even better for my problem:
Code:
No ledge Grabbing [spunit262]
C27812B0 00000003
2C04000A 40A20008
38000000 5400CFFF
60000000 00000000
You're welcome

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
is There a code for unlimited final smash or start the game wit wario man or GiGa bowser for wifi games??
yes you there is a code like that for wifi games. it does exist, but i won't post it for cheating purposes.

anyone have backgrounds for the melee stages? mainly fountain of dreams? i was thinking of using the background to change custom stage and recreating fountain of dreams.

or, and this is a long shot, could the fountain of dreams stage file be pulled from the melee iso, and somehow used to replace the dream land green greens on brawl???
the background thing could work, but i have no idea who has it or it it has been made.

and no on the melee stage replacement. it's not possible by any practical means

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Code:
No ledge Grabbing [spunit262]
C27812B0 00000003
2C04000A 40A20008
38000000 5400CFFF
60000000 00000000
You're welcome
thx alot! Love you <3

So my new Problem:

Is it possible to make HP-based (Or generally Special) Brawl possbile to run on WIFI ???

I plan a big project, but I dont have enough enthusiasm to make it if it's not possible to test betas and later play it via Wifi :S (I am nearly Wifi-only :S)

I hope someone can help me

Maybe some people can guess what I try to do D:

For the beginning I just need to check what is possible and what not :p

Then I will decide if its enough to make it happen or not ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just had a chat with Ankokou about Brawl's online play and it's netplay system, and he has an idea we could possibly use to make Brawl's online play a much better experience.

In short, the game likely has a set amount of frame delay based on the ping of the two opponents. For instance, if both players have a blue connection (the best) then the input delay will be 6 frames. This is unusually high for a fighting game under a great connection. To make matters worse, it seems that a coast to coast connection can make it to 13+ frame of input delay.

So what we need to do is find out the number of input delay frames Brawl assigns to certain connections and use a game code to make it less. If it's a multiplier to determine the input delay frames from the ping, then just divide that number in 2. The hard part is finding the values, but after that a code should be somewhat simple as it's just changing a single variable really.

This could make online play a much better experience.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Sounds interesting Chibo :D

But I dont know, if the connection could be quicker, what reason does wifi have, to give the connection a red with 13+ Frames, instead of giving it a blue one with 6+ frames, when the connection makes it possible to play with 6+ frames, why does it anyway let them play with only 13+ ;d

That doesnt make any sence, but well, its Nintendo, I dont have to ask about sense LOL

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Could someone please post the Default Settings and the Default CPU Level, please?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Sounds interesting Chibo :D

But I dont know, if the connection could be quicker, what reason does wifi have, to give the connection a red with 13+ Frames, instead of giving it a blue one with 6+ frames, when the connection makes it possible to play with 6+ frames, why does it anyway let them play with only 13+ ;d

That doesnt make any sence, but well, its Nintendo, I dont have to ask about sense LOL
If you don't relay the information back and forth between all the participants in the match, people could have different outcomes. Like a corrupted replay, the computer does something different and it messes up the whole match.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Here is a request, and it might be promising if it can be done.

I recently have been looking around and about to gather shieldstun data and hitstun data for Lucario. To my knowledge, the only way it can be tested is with the Debug code. I was wondering, since their are many talented people who can run codes in the workshop, if it was possible to make a code that can tell you the shieldstun and hitstun of a move?

Any thoughts about this?

defsithe

Smash Ace
would it be possible to get the D-pad on the classic controller (arcade stick) be used as the control stick? i think playing with an arcade stick would be fun for a bit and i dont wanna "waste" my GC controller.

LSDX

Wah!
What's the code that allows the PKMN Trainer's pokemon to not auto-switch when they get KO'd?

Gamez1985

Smash Rookie
---------I have a request for the most important piece of coding EVER in Smash Bros history. Something that everyone should have dropped what they were doing to create the moment we could create code to alter models. Now, I have asked for this at difference websites, and some people just cannot think of how to do it. Now there is a lot that gets done around here so if it has already been made, simply let me know.-----------

We need a code to allow someone to hold down L or A or R, or SOMETHING to activate character/texture specific codes. What this will do:
-If Mario has 5 cool textures but only ONE of them is baby Mario, this makes it so only when L is held, Mario will turn into his newly coded BABY Mario model shape (There a code with textures that are a bundle for this character at some website.) This makes it so ANY player who doesn't hold the button down will get to use Mario in his NORMAL proportions. It's GOT to be easy, guys. Just code something that says "for all players, never load this modeling code unless L is held until stage begins."

There could even be variations so that it will only load ANYTHING by holding L. For instance Lucario could be in the game and normally selectable, but by holding L you would load any added character code (proportions changes, Attack PSA's, and new models maybe) Then all of a sudden POW, Mewtwo is playable over the SAME costume slot as another Lucario.

Everyone will probably look at this and just say "it's not needed" or "it would not be possible". I say to that, HOW MANY useless textures or "impossible" coding has already been made by our Brawl community? This absolutely doesn't sound impossible. And more needed than almost anything else.

D

Deleted member

Ive seen Toon Link with cel shading, but not with a Mirror Shield from Windwaker.
Requesting a cel shaded Tink with Mirror Shield.
=)

iRJi

Smash Champion
I would like to repost my request, just incase it has been looked over, as well as another request that can save a lot of time for many players.

Old request:

I recently have been looking around and about to gather shieldstun data and hitstun data for Lucario. To my knowledge, the only way it can be tested is with the Debug code. I was wondering, since their are many talented people who can run codes in the workshop, if it was possible to make a code that can tell you the shieldstun and hitstun of a move?

New request:

After redoing my music with the BRTSM music replacer, It came across to me that using SD cards on others WII's, and having to change the music over and over again gets tedious. I was wondering if it is possible to make a code that enables the songs that are currently written on the SD to auto turn on while the SD is active, and disable the songs that are not written over? I believe that if this can be done, it can be way more convient to pop in a SD and just start to play instead of going to the my music listings and turning songs on and off.

Any thoughts?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Just had a chat with Ankokou about Brawl's online play and it's netplay system, and he has an idea we could possibly use to make Brawl's online play a much better experience.

In short, the game likely has a set amount of frame delay based on the ping of the two opponents. For instance, if both players have a blue connection (the best) then the input delay will be 6 frames. This is unusually high for a fighting game under a great connection. To make matters worse, it seems that a coast to coast connection can make it to 13+ frame of input delay.

So what we need to do is find out the number of input delay frames Brawl assigns to certain connections and use a game code to make it less. If it's a multiplier to determine the input delay frames from the ping, then just divide that number in 2. The hard part is finding the values, but after that a code should be somewhat simple as it's just changing a single variable really.

This could make online play a much better experience.
Chibo: you also need to factor in how much data is available to be received within a certain amount of frames, and how the game actually has to sync up, plus since using WiFi is peer to peer on a TCP network, the game has to measure ping and jitter as well and calibrate the game itself; 6 frames may be the buffer for a "wait" command between controllers so that TCP can check to see if it missed a packet or not.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Does anyone know the Character Select screen code? It's the one with random in the middle, and Zero Suit Samus, Shiek, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Pokemon Trainer on the select screen?

LSDX

Wah!
What's the code that allows you to play as alloys from selecting them from the roster if you have a CSS that has them implemented?

Prawn

Smash Master
So I learned how to play with hitboxes, damage, graphics etc etc.

How do I change animations? Can I swap say, DKs up+B with samus'?(So DK does samus' upb?)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
So I learned how to play with hitboxes, damage, graphics etc etc.

How do I change animations? Can I swap say, DKs up+B with samus'?(So DK does samus' upb?)
you need brawlbox and a lot of free time... oh, and a masochistic personality. its gonna be frustrating.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
simple question:

since some characters have very low size limits on their .pac files, you need to split them up into multiple files in order to get everything. my question is how do you place all these files on your SD card to get them all read as one? do you have to rename them something specific?

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I have recently downloaded a .pac file for Diddy kong, it changes the color of th bananas from yellow to red. If I try to put it in the same place as the texture hacks, the game freezes. So where do I put this .pac file? Also where do i put the .pac file for link's sword effects?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo: you also need to factor in how much data is available to be received within a certain amount of frames, and how the game actually has to sync up, plus since using WiFi is peer to peer on a TCP network, the game has to measure ping and jitter as well and calibrate the game itself; 6 frames may be the buffer for a "wait" command between controllers so that TCP can check to see if it missed a packet or not.
Would you mind going a bit more in depth with this? Also, is Nintendo Wifi Connection with online Brawl confirmed to be p2p or does it use their servers?

I talked to Ankokou about this a lot and he understands it better than I do, but most fighting games are able to run at 4 frames or so fine and various computer online fighters especially in P2P can get even lower and not have a problem. If a code could be made we could at least test out various values.

LSDX

Wah!
How would I access playing as Alloys if they have their own spot on the CSS (i.e. 2 kirby spots, but one is green alloy [will both kirby's be alloys if both selected?]). In general, what is the code to access them without having it be for example: P1 is Red Alloy, P4 is Blue Alloy, etc?

Also, what's the code for the No Crash Alloy Result Screen?

Thank you.

Nevermind, found them.

/shame

:bowser:

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I can't find the default settings mod. (8 min time limit, 3 stock, friendly fire on). And I need to know the code for unlimited pause camera. Please PM me the codes. Thanks in advanced! ^^

Also, everytime I try to load up a CSS code on my wii, it freezes or I get this code dump screen right after gecko tries to launch the codes. I'm not sure why this happens.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
hey just a quick question. To get a custom pic with the chacracter textures, do I need to put the TARGA file in and name it the same as the tecture file, ie FitFox00. Just wonderd cuz im getting alot of targa files with my textures and just dont know how to format them.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I can't seem to find the frame by frame pause, can someone give me the code for it. (can it take snapshots?)

Zucco

Smash Master
I request that someone makes a Sunset Delfino. Its such a simple idea but I think it would look really nice.

Top Bottom