• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Adi

Smash Lord
No Missle Cancel implies that Short Hop Projectiles are out in general. I really hope they don't remove too much.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
****, missle canceling out!? Ugh! That's what made my Samus good! Now I have to rethink my strategy for air combat as well as ground combat... at least I can still use the missles on the ground however, not as effectively anymore.

you could also consider a new main . . . just sayin'

I'm a samus main in melee and I'm seriously considering a new main (of course ill start out my single player stuff/unlocking with Samus)

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Dash Dance is now the new advanced technique to look out for. If both are out or severely nerfed, ground mobility as we know it will be entirely different.

Which means Brawl will play entirely different from Melee.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
No Missle Cancel implies that Short Hop Projectiles are out in general. I really hope they don't remove too much.
Same here, Adi. I don't mind that much that wavedashing out's, but with all the information I've read, it seems like Brawl's watered down. I'll wait for more information. I hope L-cancelling's still in there.

TGM

Smash Lord
in melee u slamed the stick to dash. i heard in this game u gotta double tap the stick. wouldnt that be hard to DD that way?

Adi

Smash Lord
TGM, that's only if you're using the wiimote. I don't think you have to do that with classic/GC controller.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
in melee u slamed the stick to dash. i heard in this game u gotta double tap the stick. wouldnt that be hard to DD that way?
**** that's true isn't it. GCN controller is tap is it not?

If not...

haha

Brawl is going to be a spacing oriented game now.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Of course it seems Brawl is watered down, because people expect it to be exactly like Melee. I know its been said for the thousandth time, but this game will likely feel as different from Melee as 64 is to Melee when strategy is concerned. Thats not necessarily a bad thing...

Does anyone know when the event is over so as to know when to expect news from Gimpy and the rest?

Mr_X

Smash Apprentice
I think that's with the Wii-Remote control style, so it may still be possible with a Gamecube controller...

EDIT: Holy crap you guys post fast. ^_^

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Another post on GameFAQs:

Hey everyone,

I'm here at the E for All PRes room and I've just played 3 rounds of SSBB. What details do you want me to find out for you?

Here are my reports in Ike:

Definitely slower than Marth...maybe even Roy. Partially due to gamespeed being lowered from Melee.

Foward Smash Attack is a huge two handed swing that leaves you open for a long while. Not, good in that respect.

Down+Special equals counter. Can counter projectiles too, according to Nintendo rep but I don't know if he'll bat it back or not. He flashes blue when he performs it.

Foward + B is a rush attack and it can be charged.

B (special) standard is something similar to Marth/Roy's standing special and can also be charged.

Up+B is Aether. Similar to Kirby's attack except he throws his sword up and stays on the ground until the sword reaches the peak of the thrown, then he brings it down like the latter part of Kirby's up+b special. it's cool in that you can safely attack aerial attackers with this but you're open on the ground during the animation the whole time.

Dodge is quick, and good. His back roll isn't a roll, rather, it's like Mewtwo's backdash. Not sure on front roll.

His final smash is "Shinkuu Aether." Starts out like Aether except he continously attacks the person in the air and then sends the person slamming down onto the floor before Ike follows on top with a finishing blow.

I'll try to be more specific as to Marth and Roy differences on next play through. Marth users will be dissapointed at Ike's speed and how long his smash attack leaves him open.
Topic: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=38962729

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

...Yeah, pretty much why I think most of this community is going to be against the Wii remote by itself. I also, for one, hate the fact that jump is the up button. I never ever use it in Melee, and don't see a lot of us using it in Brawl...

zerowing1991

Smash Rookie
I'll be heading to E 4 All tomorrow, any word on how long the lines were? I would like to play Brawl multiple times, but only what the line will permit.

Revven

FrankerZ
you could also consider a new main . . . just sayin'

I'm a samus main in melee and I'm seriously considering a new main (of course ill start out my single player stuff/unlocking with Samus)
Nahh, I don't main her I just use her from time to time (I however do practice with her, she isn't my main main. Just one of my several mains). Anyway, as long as she is useful in some form I'll be happy. If not, I'll replace her with someone better.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow...

Chargeable standing neutral-B, a counter down-B, and a rising up-B? And Sakurai is trying to avoid clones?

Very intriguing...*ponders*

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Well marth->ike has being nerfed.

So we have

Sheik (is in the game?)
Peach nerfed
Fox nerfed
Ike nerfed
( is falco in the game?)

Only i think they dont nerf them to oblivion. No more melee's kirbys

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
as to specific details that need to be asked.

Even if you take both thumbs and spam left and right you can find out if DD is in

L-cancel I think is a lot of people's biggest worry at the moment, it would be nice to get that detail checked out.

Fox is nerfed, but can is the shine still 1 frame? Does it lag and can it be jump canceled, even after connecting with opponent.

TGM

Smash Lord
ike can only be nerfed if he was in a previous ssb game u can compare him too. he wasnt in a previous smash so how can he be nerfed

silversh4d0w

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what people know, but i just talked to Gimpy and some Oregon people on the phone who have been playing a Brawl demo setup for 1v1 with the classic controller, here's what they've said so far:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't know what people know, but i just talked to Gimpy and some Oregon people on the phone who have been playing a Brawl demo setup for 1v1 with the classic controller, here's what they've said so far:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.
Sounds... interesting. Can't wait to tell mah friends.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hahaha! I knew that speed isnt everything in Brawl. Well, from what the pros seem to imply... The thoughts of a competitive Bowser in a tournament is just awesome.

And looks like Wolf is out. I always knew Krystal would out-prioritize him. Lovin' the info so far...

Top Bottom