• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E for All Firsthand Impressions DISCUSSION Thread

Edfishy

Smash Rookie
Well, thank God for you Tommy. I was getting a little nervous when I was hearing so little about Pikachu, I'm glad to hear someone was able to do some damage with my favorite character!

Something I'm wondering about though is whether or not Pikachu's B-move has been brought back to the impact level of Smash Bros. 64. Think so?

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
You just do a special move, no directions. Aka, press B or its equivalent.

lordXblade

Smash Apprentice
It would be a real shame if they slowed it down and didn't add something significant to deepen the gameplay. SF3 was slightly slower than Turbo, but they added things like parries, super-cancels, and EX moves to compensate. Speed makes the game more challenging and more competitive, so if the entire game is made to be as simple as possible, competitive play may not work.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
ike- get a smash ball, stand next to opponent, use final smash
link- get a smash ball, look at opponent, use final smash
pikachu- get a smash ball, run into opponent until dead
sonic- same as pikachu
metaknight- stand next to opponent, hold A

im looking for more...
u r 2 aren't u? he said combos not final smashes.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Is it only me that thinks listing combos is a bad idea, shouldn´t people be creative in the beggining and not use exacly the same combos (looks at some falcoplayers)...

greenblob

Smash Lord
Is it only me that thinks listing combos is a bad idea, shouldn´t people be creative in the beggining and not use exacly the same combos (looks at some falcoplayers)...
How does that matter? Besides, true innovation begins when someone tries to figure out a way to counter a widely used strategy.

Anyway, I heard that Diddy can string bairs together really well. How does that work? SHFFL them Falco style or use them midair Doc style?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I've heard his upsmash is still one of the most powerful in the game if not the most, even though it is still weaker.

RocketDarkness

Smash Cadet
Details, por favor?
It seems to have a bit of a vortex effect (I only used it once or twice, so I can't guarantee this is true), similar to his Dsmash in SSB, or Peach's in Melee. Additionally, many of these multi-hit attacks seem to rack up damage much better in general. His Usmash still seemed relatively strong compared to most other characters. Probably better than every other character's except Bowser and Ike, who are meant to be heavy hitters.

Don't worry, I have the feeling the good ol' electric rat will be more viable than before. =)

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's Final Smash is a lot better at doing damage then knockback. If instead of trying to ram them, you just try to overlap with them, it does INSANE damage. Seriously crazy.

RocketDarkness

Smash Cadet
If by down-b, you mean down-a, then yes. I can't guarantee it, again, but it is similar to Pichu's in that aspect.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Sorry, yes I meant down smash, said it wrong the first time and right the second time for some reason. thanks! I have like 5 or 6 questions at the end of that thread I linked if you have time to answer, if not I understand.

Actually the most important are how does his speed and floatiness seem (compared to melee and other brawl characters), and does his up b lag time afterwards seem any better? Or is he still pretty vulnerable once he hits ground?

Also, does his forward be seem any more useful this time around? Can he crawl backwards and is crawling even useful (for dodging attacks or whatever)?

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
how was mario's aerial attacks? i remember his b+air was pretty strong in SSB but got weakened in melee. I heard his f+air changed a bit so it also does doc mario-like effect where it hits them up. so how was he in the air in general and his up+b?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Yes, there is a Wolf O'Donnel costume. While the model doesn't physically change (still looks fox-ish) the clothing and fur color change, and you can easily see that it's based on Wolf. It's the same vein of recoloring as Diddy's Dixie model and Link's Dark Link.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Yes, there is a Wolf O'Donnel costume. While the model doesn't physically change (still looks fox-ish) the clothing and fur color change, and you can easily see that it's based on Wolf. It's the same vein of recoloring as Diddy's Dixie model and Link's Dark Link.
Kinda....wolf is grey, that fox is like a weird shade of brown

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Good, I noticed from the videos that it wasn't being used very much. Hoped that wasn't because it'd be nerfed.

Top Bottom