• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official EC Starcraft 2 Discussion!

rhan

Smash Hero
They kinda determine skill.

Like if you fight against a 1200+ point player they're really good. Around 700 is above average. And like 500 - 600 is like average players.

Lobos

Smash Master
bracket http://us.blizzard.com/blizzcon/tournaments/starcraft.xml

kenny - Showmatch - SlayerS_`BoxeR` vs. Fruit Dealer

In what was possibly the most anticipated match of the day, BoxeR, known throughout the eSports community as a strategic innovator and a living legend of the StarCraft: Brood War professional gaming scene, faced off against the universally hailed and extremely skilled champion of the TG-Intel GSL Season 1 tournament, Fruit Dealer (AKA Cool). The RTS Tournament stage was thronged by a roaring crowd full of fans cheering both players, eager to witness the battle between these two titans. Would Fruit Dealer's mad skills and cool resolve be enough to best the legendary BoxeR? Would BoxeR, experienced and respected but relatively new to the StarCraft II scene, manage to take down the reigning champion and emerge victorious? Spoilers ahead!

The showdown started with a match on the Lost Temple. The action was fierce, with both players drawing explosive cheers from the crowd with their world-class play. BoxeR almost took the win early in the match with a brutal, expertly micro-ed marine and marader push, but Fruit Dealer managed to eke out a defense and went on to keep BoxeR contained in the south of the map, countering BoxeR's signature inventive play and surprises with almost supernatural skill to finally come out on top.

The second game took place on Metalopolis. BoxeR punished Fruit Dealer's early expansion and almost took the entire match by sealing the zerg into their starting position with a pair of well-placed bunkers. While a move like that might seal the fate of a lesser player, Fruit Dealer broke through, and in an incredibly gutsy move, took the rich mineral patch adjacent to BoxeR's terran base to get back into the game. This match was marked by incredible back-and-forth action, and things looked grim for Fruit Dealer as BoxeR made a heavy mech push with calculated siege tank placement to eventually wipe out Fruit Dealer's game-saving rich mineral base, but yet again, Fruit Dealer managed to take the win with a mix of steely-nerved macro and the liberal application of roaches and banelings drops.

Xionix

Smash Journeyman
They kinda determine skill.

Like if you fight against a 1200+ point player they're really good. Around 700 is above average. And like 500 - 600 is like average players.
so whats the point if you rack up like 1200+ points in bronze, then suddenly become promoted to something like diamond. then you'll have 1200 points in diamond!

M@v

Subarashii!
Rank 1 platinum :D

Hoping to reaching diamond soon!

I beat the highest ranked player I ever faced today too, he was like a rank 20 diamond. Beat him pretty solidly too.

rhan

Smash Hero
so whats the point if you rack up like 1200+ points in bronze, then suddenly become promoted to something like diamond. then you'll have 1200 points in diamond!
That's kinda impossible to do.. Since you earn points by winning.. You'd be promoted to a higher league before you'd be able to get a high amount of points. I think I was placed in 1v1 Gold to start out with and made it out of Gold with about 400 - 500 points. Then made it out of Plat with like 700.

Right now I'm a rank 68 Diamond (Cuz I refuse to play 1v1's with this patch) with 727 points. Usually a player hit the thousands in Diamond league. And if they're in the thousands in any other league that pretty much states that that person had a ton of points and juts been on a losing/de-motion streak.

M@v

Subarashii!
Don't tell me your not playing because the only strat you knew how to do got nerfed into oblivion -_-

rhan

Smash Hero
Posted in the other thread about it.

5 racks Reaper is still possible it's just not as easy as it was. Plus I changed my build for Zerg anyway. 3 racks Ghost. son.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
That's kinda impossible to do.. Since you earn points by winning.. You'd be promoted to a higher league before you'd be able to get a high amount of points. I think I was placed in 1v1 Gold to start out with and made it out of Gold with about 400 - 500 points. Then made it out of Plat with like 700.

Right now I'm a rank 68 Diamond (Cuz I refuse to play 1v1's with this patch) with 727 points. Usually a player hit the thousands in Diamond league. And if they're in the thousands in any other league that pretty much states that that person had a ton of points and juts been on a losing/de-motion streak.
There are tons of diamonds that haven't hit 1k. A lot of good players tend to do custom privates over ranked anyway. The ranking system can be pretty silly.

rhan

Smash Hero
Snipes, camo, and nukes galore. :laugh:

And it can transition into MMM ball pretty well. Since to get nukes to need a Factory.

Seriously though the 100 starting energy upgrade does wonders. Snipe hits everything of Zerg's and does a hefty amount of damage. And if the Zerg forgets to get an Overseer then that's free nuking.

That's pretty much my secondary build.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
And when your ghost academy gets scouted by an overlord, you just qq and try again? And transitioning into MMM ball just makes infestors useful, which Zerg gets already if they want to tech to Hive. Without cheese, Terran needs mech to win. You can't go mech if you're wasting gas on ghosts and nukes.

EDIT: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=118212

Towards Candy and any others wondering why they haven't been promoted yet.

tl;dr... read it. I don't feel like explaining *******.

With that said... I need to play more games...

M@v

Subarashii!
1 rax FE planetary fortess to mass thors. I've beaten a couple diamond players with this, including a 20 rank.

/end tvz

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Infestors+Roaches>Thors

Hell, Roaches+Burrow>Thors

Thors+SCVs? Zerg goes "ffffffffffffffffffffffff" and has to make Banelings to compete.

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol Noid, well I'm 3rd in diamond right now :-D

/showing off
How long did the game take to bump you into diamond from #1 platinum? That's where Im at atm, and its been matching me up vs diamond players about 70% of the time now.
(I'm going about 50-50 vs them)

Xionix

Smash Journeyman
How long did the game take to bump you into diamond from #1 platinum? That's where Im at atm, and its been matching me up vs diamond players about 70% of the time now.
i went from rank 70 something platinum to 99 diamond i think. lololol. still diamond!

Lobos

Smash Master
BRONZE BABY!

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch idra matches from mlg.......even if I see whats he doing...actually doing it right is hard

The only thing I don't know is what is he upgrading......and I notice more people making missle turrets even before I get mutas out

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
BRONZE BABY!

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch idra matches from mlg.......even if I see whats he doing...actually doing it right is hard

The only thing I don't know is what is he upgrading......and I notice more people making missle turrets even before I get mutas out
Because everyone goes mutas lol.

Upgrade Air Attack. Mutas do 10 per hit and such.

Lobos

Smash Master
I love the fact that mutas hit 3 things per attack.....even tho it lessen it does some good damage overall

From my point of view I tend to attack your workers > supply depot/overlords/pylon > tech > army

I still don't think I'm that good in 1v1 but I haven't tried it since watching those IDRA matches.

I told kenny this last night but playing a PC FPS game before I play sc2 makes me faster on my mouse and keyboard......I miss CS:S

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I was actually stuck there for a while...but it's not the same for everyone so u could get there sooner or later no idea sorry D:

Lobos

Smash Master
Changed the title.....too many states looks stupid lol

I would do 1v1 rotation but I want to get my 250 win avatar in teams lol

Top Bottom