• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Official FAQ and QnA Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

GOD!

Smash Ace
what button inputs are best for usmash out of shield?

I shield with L and I flick up in the control stick and then c-stick up right afterward. Is this the best way?

And I know that there is no best way to do anything, but there are more widely practiced ways and smarter ways to do things.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
...There's no other way to do it is there?

Or at least thats the only way i've heard of doing it.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Also, if you throw a character up, after pressing up, you can hold shield and up to jump at the first possible moment, something i find useful
omg how did i not know this? this is the most useful thing i've read in a while. >.<

Dang, there were so many times I told people I had a problem with jumping following a throw because I got too anxious and pressed X too early. (eg. marth is at 65% and I grab so I can upthrow knee but i press X too early and dont jump OR i press X too late and that would no longer combo)

How would you buffer a short hop? I really want to try this out now but I dont have a tv. :/
Idk how i never figured this out on my own cuz it's so simple.

I don't think dorsey knows the rules about l-canceling if you do it to early you have to wait 40 frames before you can try again same for techs
How do you have vast knowledge of frame data on all of pichu's moves yet you didn't already know this?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
...There's no other way to do it is there?

Or at least thats the only way i've heard of doing it.
it's how most do it, but you can also just smash up and A. it's just hard, cause you'd have to let go of shield really quickly to avoid just JC grabbing, and you could also charge your smash which would be bad in most usmash OoS situations.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I think the question is something like: if you're fox and you press l in the last few frames of an nair, and the nair ends and you nair again while in the air (within 20 frames of pressing L), would the nair be l-canceled?

And I have no idea.

I thought about doing it the same way you do usmash from shine, but then youd have to let go of shield really fast.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah I do know 90% of all pichu's frame data and there are about 7 frames were you can't be hurt from his wall jump. the from point a to point b movement of pichu's UP-B is 6 frames a jump

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
finally I got a good answer. what so hard to understand? you press l at 15 your nair ends at 10 you nair again does the L -cancel still work.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
finally I got a good answer. what so hard to understand? you press l at 15 your nair ends at 10 you nair again does the L -cancel still work.
What's so hard to understand is how you can't explain the question you're asking.

Is this what you're asking about?
I don't think dorsey knows the rules about l-canceling if you do it to early you have to wait 40 frames before you can try again same for techs
You can press L or R within 40 frames before the window for L canceling, and it will still cancel the landing lag.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
The Z button works too. And wasn't the window for L-canceling less than 40 frames?
I didn't say the window for L-canceling was 40 frames. My point was that L-canceling doesn't have the same penalty as attempting to tech too early.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
L-canceling only works when you hit L/R/Z as you are hitting the ground MID-AERIAL. It doesn't matter what you did mid-air before that.

You must hit R/L within 20 frames of hitting a techable surface to tech. If you mess up and hit R/L too early, you have to wait 40 frames before you can try again, which usually means you missed the tech.

I believe you also have like a 1 frame window to hit R/L at the exact moment to hit a techable surface (if I remember correctly).

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
does anyone know where i can get that t shirt with a picture of Isai, and the words, "dont get hit''?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm going to a tourney for the first time, and it says there are advanced slob picks. Explain what this means and how I do please?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Anyone got any tips for improving reaction time. I'm thinking I might try just standing next to a low level CPU and attempting to shield when it hits. I think that would be hard but maybe do-able.

Anyone got any other tips/ideas?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Keep playing. Just practicing with lots of people will help you get used to the pace of the game.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
There usually is a teams strategy floating around on each individual character board. I am not going to list all of them here, just like i don't list all character matchup discussions and what not.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Anyone got any tips for improving reaction time. I'm thinking I might try just standing next to a low level CPU and attempting to shield when it hits. I think that would be hard but maybe do-able.

Anyone got any other tips/ideas?
Depending on the situation, slo-mo mode can be beneficial. Sometimes it helps to be able to recognize the initial animations of certain moves, DI's, etc. so you can react to them sooner.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Rappster, so start one! Many times there are some but they are old and outdated so no one uses them. If you don't see one on the first or second page, start a new one!

luno

Smash Rookie
what can be buffered?

i just read the thread about buffering d-throw and it sounds useful as ganon/falcon (ganon, CG; CF, spacies semi-CG thing)

what else can be buffered, and how? sorry if there is a thread on this already..... :-/

Top Bottom