• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Florida Melee Power Rankings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well id say DEFINATELY have an honorable mention section if we really do this pissed me off back when they stopped doing that for brawl (dont care anymore obviously lol) but i think its a good way to see who else is close

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Y'all know that y'all lucky that I ain't there to bust up the tier list cause it'd have to be something like this:

S+++: XIF
S++:
S+:
S: hungrybox, dashizwiz
A: colbol, linguini

something like that

ps: linguini you better step your game up because here you come with a head the size of a blimp talking bout how **** you were at pound 4 and this person you ***** and whatever then I come in after not playing for months and tear you out the god d*mn frame in like 3 best if 5's in a row.

How embarassing.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Y'all know that y'all lucky that I ain't there to bust up the tier list cause it'd have to be something like this:

S++:
S+:

something like that

ps: linguini you better step your game up because here you come with a head the size of a blimp talking bout how **** you were at pound 4 and this person you ***** and whatever then I come in after not playing for months and tear you out the god d*mn frame in like 3 best if 5's in a row.

How embarassing.
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalt

Linguini

Smash Master

S++:
S+:

something like that

How embarassing.
Poor XAF, still salty after the past 3 tourney sets ive ***** you in. Talking **** is a nono you big baby.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
well id say DEFINATELY have an honorable mention section if we really do this pissed me off back when they stopped doing that for brawl (dont care anymore obviously lol) but i think its a good way to see who else is close
LOL NO

who plays for second fiddle

*sigh*

the goal is to be in the ACTUAL PR

not be below the PR

and I'm the reason why there is no honorable mentions in the Brawl PR

for saying exactly what I wrote above

Renth

Smash Hero
XIF angry

XIF yell at pasta man

XIF want people think he good

XIF RaGgGgeEEeE

XIF :sad:

XIF Cry

Linguini -- doesn't care.

Life After Death

Smash Champion

S++:
S+:

something like that

How embarassing.
colin is in the same leage as shiz and hungry LOL

Pi

Smash Hero
colin is in the same leage as shiz and hungry LOL
Pretty much

Last I remember shiz wasn't beating Hbox where as colin was
And now at the very least if you look at the recent tournaments colin is performing no worse than shiz has, if not better, and still is bringing Hbox to last match last stock last set.
Though I think that shiz has been beating col bol in tourney sets the last times they've played
But yea, colin isn't losing to anyone but shiz and hbox, if he loses.
though skrach is puttin in work, i've seen their matches, shield = broken

nicaboy

Smash Champion
  • The vast land mass of Florida and isolation between regions hinders the effectiveness and accuracy of a numbered ranking system. Instead, I propose the use of tiered ranking system, as it better accommodates the indiscernible skill difference between forthcoming players in distinct regions.
    [*]For example: Plup and Nicaboy are both prominent players who place reliably well in their respective regions. However, the absence of interaction between CFL players and SFL players allows for very little accuracy when grading them against one another.​
  • A tiered system overcomes the limitations of a numbers list in other regards too. Let’s say that player X beat player Y three weeks ago. But then player Y beat player X last week. Is it fair to say that Y is noticeably better than X just because he had the more recent victory? Or is it more likely that they are probably comparable adversaries? What specific purpose does a numbered system really serve? Tier approximations allow for higher accuracy and still accomplish the same goal of ranking players.
  • Also, the tiered rankings need to be a collaborative effort. I have lots of trouble gauging players from other regions, and so should everyone else. In order for Florida’s power rankings to be accurate statewide, there must be interaction between regions. If players don’t travel, the list will become undependable.
My rough list:
A: Colbol, DaShizWiz, Hungrybox, Linguini
B: Blea Gelo, Dark Sonic, Dop, Green Mario, Harriettheguy, Nicaboy, Plup, QueenDVS, RockCrock, Skrach, UberIce, UUAA
C: Apollo, Legion, Nasty, Raistlin, Zoro

And like Chops said, if you really want the rankings to be unbiased, just create a point scale for tournament results.

Honestly, I think Florida could do without power rankings. Anyone worth a dam knows where they stand. Ranking is a difficult process that often makes players uneasy and instigates petty disagreements. No thanks.
Great list man i like your system seeing as we dont play often against one another(sfl,cfl,nfl)

Um i believe me blea and flamin roy can be top 15 hungrybox. Both myself and blea have beaten several people in your personal 15. Any way i wanna promote good discussion i believe rockcrock here has the 2010 pr right here. someone make official.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I respect that danny even included me...

Soo good that this job let me have saturdays off so

guess whose showin up soon? an alot

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I would like to play harriet the guy. I hear good things about him. Again we should have a power ranking. All the good states have one tri state,socal. even north Carolina so wtf doesnt Florida( one of the best states for melee) have one? Teirs for the win imo

PB&J

Smash Hero
power rankings..fl is prob the hardest state to do power rankings in..sfl,cfl,and where ever rice lives..huh..i like chops ' idea

Pi

Smash Hero
I would like to play harriet the guy. I hear good things about him. Again we should have a power ranking. All the good states have one tri state,socal. even north Carolina so wtf doesnt Florida( one of the best states for melee) have one? Teirs for the win imo
I think I enjoy playing HTG more so than most, if not all, other smashers.

I feel like we're both trying to get inside of each other

's heads.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I think I enjoy playing HTG more so than most, if not all, other smashers.

I feel like we're both trying to get inside of each other
No homo.

But I agree, playing harriettheguy is like playing chess (which is tough, cuz he's good at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom