• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

kura

Smash Rookie
Funny random glitch hard to pull off for brainstar depths only

1: Pick any characters
2: When the acid is comming up if a person is hit properly they will flip through the air and be imune to all damage for a second well if the acid is right at your feet the person will fall past the top of the acid and then start to be hit they will fall just as if they were falling off the side except slower and will take increasing damage till they die or fall off the bottem of the map

cowwa-f'n-bunga

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i'm not sure if anyone else posted this, i'm too lazy to check through all the posts. but i found this in some other forum and just wanted to make sure you all knew about it.
say you have a super scope. let's also say that you want infinite ammo with said super scope. if you shoot two fully charged shots, followed by 5 presses of the (a) button (that's press it once so that it shoots three little balls, repeat...). then begin to charge up another blast. if you are hit while charging up, you will have infinite ammo with your super scope.
i gaurantee that this works, just try it, it's not that hard, and the benefits are so bountiful.

Insemination_17

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game and Watch glitch

Like cowwa-f'n-bunga said, I don't know if anyone has posted this glitch in this thread. I'm too lazy to check.

Here goes:
Pick Mr. Game and Watch and go to Corneria, best in Training Mode. Go to the section of this stage where there are two missile-like launchers(I don't know what they are called). You have to jump off the left side of the stage and land on them. After you've done that, jump, and right when his head hits the top, do your Up+B attack and you'll go through it. If you fail once, keep trying.

MistyIRC

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm sure a bunch of you know about the invisible missle glitch Samus has; if you missle cancel in a certain way, Samus shoots a missle, but there is no firing sound and no missle. However, people will take damage on that trajectory.

I recently found an extension of this glitch; I was Falco against a CPU Samus. She shot her missle, I used my reflector on it, the missle disappeared. A second later, when Samus went to dash-grab me, she blew up. O_o

I have NTSC 1.1, BTW.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
New Glitches(well..i posted them somewhere else, and got ignored)

"BunnyJab" (found by me)
Input: Ganon + bunny hood, press A fast
Result: he'll follow up his standard Jab, w/ a 2nd strike from his other hand...it fast...ok range...but completely useless since it will go through anything, and give no damage!

"Vega Fan" (founded by my friend, Brett)
Input: As Sheik, charge her Needles while in the air, and attempt to "L-Cancel" as you land....the timing is slightly off though from a standardized L-cancel, and difficult
Result: Her needles (in charging phase)will continue to stay in her hand, indefinately(resembling SF's Vega's Claw) you can jump and fight continually in this form(even teleport, w/ her needles traveling visibly!!)...until you die(as sheik), or shoot of charge the needles again.

"Phantom Needles" (founded by Brett)
Input: In the "Vega Fan" form, transform into Zelda, and back into Sheik as desired
Result: Upon turning into Zelda, the Needles will stay suspended in air, where you last stood as Sheik...and will remain forever there, until you, turn back into sheik....which results in them teleporting diretly back to you, no matter where you are.

"Double Teleport" (founded by me, but overheard this might have been discovered already)
Input: Like Link's 'falling-Up B'...run towards a ledge, and perfom her teleport at the moment stepping off
Result: She will teleport(explosion) instantly, and appear traveled slighty ahead...but then you control her(like normally) and direct her(PREFERABLY) back the land/edge grabbing.

All these Glitches...have absolutely no use..whatever, in a fight..except possibly Double Teleport, a fancy edgeguard + edgehog-In-One!......or who knows...they may freak out from them..and kill themselves....!? <_<

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Luigi/Samus/Adult Link Infinite Jump Glitch

Does Anybody Else know About This Glitch? I've Only Told One Person and Don't think Anyone Else Has Figured it Out. I'll Explain The Glitch After I Make a Vid Demonstrating It:D

This is Probbobly The Biggest/Krazyest Glitch in The Game:crazy:

mrplow8

Smash Apprentice
-In Great Bay, when you pop Tingle's balloon he falls to the ground. Usually he's on solid ground, but occasionally he's over the turtle. Pop his balloon & he'll drown, but return to life again.

-Select 3 Mewtwos in training mode & go to the stage with 3 bricks. Make them walk, then push them into the bricks. Don't touch them & they should start dancing.

-Play as Peach on Corneria. Go to the top of the airship, & quickly press left & right alternately. If done correctly, Peach should float. She'll float until she dies or gets hit with an item.

-Either play as Peach in Giant Melee or get a Super Mushroom with Peach. When someone hits you with something like Doc's pill, Toad will grow bigger then Peach.

-Play as Zelda & turn into Sheik before the announcer says go. After the beginning of the fight, turn into Zelda again & win. If done correctly, the announcer will say "This game's winner is Sheik!" but will be shown on the victory screen.

-In special melee, pick camera mode. Then choose Fox & any CPU opponent. Use Fox's side b attack & take a picture. If done correctly, Fox will be invisible in the picture.

-When playing on Green Greens in Adventure mode as Dr. Mario against the team of Kirbys, use the megavitamins & they will sound like Mario's fireballs.

Iamdead7

Smash Apprentice
invisible missile

has the invisible missile glitch that I (well my friend did) discovered been proven to be able to be used not randomly?

(yay my 1st message on smashboards!)

Feyd

Smash Cadet
Falling through the cockpit of corneria

Me and my friend were playing a little while ago. I was samus he was falco. we were on corneria. He had just come out of heaven and I was near the cockpit dropping bombs to fend him off, he came closer and I did samus' down tilt and he fell throught the cockpit and landed on the guns. He immediately shut the game off because the game had been glitching hardcore on us all night, and this must have been the last straw. I know for a fact that this is what happened. Heres my theory: I think he was hit by my bomb and down tilt at once and fell through the ship. Never heard of anything so rediculous in the game other than the time I fell through the other side of the level near the engine...haha

ToadRPG

Smash Rookie
Mr. Game and Watch Glitch!

I don't know if this glitch was already typed, but I'm still going to type it anyways because reading through all of the glitch is tiresome! :sleep:

1. Choose Training Mode :)
2. Choose Mr. Game and Watch :)
3. Choose any computer character and then choose the level Corneria :)
4. With Mr. Game and Watch, go on the blasters where the Great Fox head is and then go all the way to the wall on the right. Jump lightly twice (By lightly, I mean, press the X or Y button lightly to make a character sort of hop) Then do Mr. Game and Watch" FIRE!" move (UP+B) and then Mr. Game and Watch should go right through the neck of the Great Fox! :bee:
NOTE: This glitch does take some time to get it right, so just keep on trying until you get it right! ;)

tsetse

Smash Lord
Starman Glitch?

ok i dont know how this happen but i was c falcon and iwas fighting ic on infinate glacier well starman came out and we both touch it at the same time and we were both invincible.only falcon and popo nana was not invincible. First time it has happend to me.

Kirby_M@ster

Smash Ace
-In Great Bay, when you pop Tingle's balloon he falls to the ground. Usually he's on solid ground, but occasionally he's over the turtle. Pop his balloon & he'll drown, but return to life again.
Not a glitch.

-Select 3 Mewtwos in training mode & go to the stage with 3 bricks. Make them walk, then push them into the bricks. Don't touch them & they should start dancing.
The stage with the 3 bricks, eh?... ....right.

-Play as Zelda & turn into Sheik before the announcer says go. After the beginning of the fight, turn into Zelda again & win. If done correctly, the announcer will say "This game's winner is Sheik!" but will be shown on the victory screen.
Not really a glitch.

-In special melee, pick camera mode. Then choose Fox & any CPU opponent. Use Fox's side b attack & take a picture. If done correctly, Fox will be invisible in the picture.
DEFINITELY not a glitch! Man!

-When playing on Green Greens in Adventure mode as Dr. Mario against the team of Kirbys, use the megavitamins & they will sound like Mario's fireballs.
Don't they always?

ok i dont know how this happen but i was c falcon and iwas fighting ic on infinate glacier well starman came out and we both touch it at the same time and we were both invincible.only falcon and popo nana was not invincible. First time it has happend to me.
Oh adN tehn theer wos tihs glitch wehre no fulL stpos cmae out and i juts ketp goign adn giogn!!!11!1!!11one

tsetse

Smash Lord
Ok im sorry I wrote that post in a big hurry so its a grammatical and spelling nightmare.

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
-G

I made a video showing the stick-to-the-ceiling glitch, and a variant of it with Link's Arrow, which I believe is as yet undiscovered by anyone who gave a crap about it.

HOW TO DO THE -G ARROW GLITCH

Go to training mode as Peach against a Link on Hyrule Temple. Go into the caves and set his damage to 999. Do down tilts on him until the move becomes stale and he sticks to the ceiling. Now fire an arrow. Tada! The arrow compensates for momentum by appearing above him. The more momentum he has, the higher the arrow will appear from.

Tiny mushrooms and a higher damage ratio increase the air time and arrow height, but messing with handicaps may increase the damage of Peach's down tilt so much that Link doesn't self-right. However, if Link (or anyone) is unshrinking from a poison mushroom in midair after getting hit, but before hitting the ceiling, he will self-right.

The video is named "-G (high/low quality)" and is available over AIM, DC++, or at www.angelfire.com/games5/sdmalpha

Animagess

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Kirby_M@ster

--When playing on Green Greens in Adventure mode as Dr. Mario against the team of Kirbys, use the megavitamins & they will sound like Mario's fireballs.

Don't they always?
No. Dr. Mario's Megavitamins make this high-pitched 'brrreeng!' sound like someone just grabbed a power-up or something. The fireballs just kind of go 'boooph'. I don't know how to explain it, but they are different.

Hong

The Strongest
Small graphical glitch.

If you are playing with a fixed camera on Flatzone (showing the game unit) and someone hits the screen... their body will just appear there and then disappear.

When I was using Samus in Flatzone, I noticed that if her leg is hanging off of something it will be twisted... odd.
I tried this everywhere, it's normal. When I went back to Flatzone, her leg became twisted again. Further more, I tried all attacks to see if they would look different, they were the same. But if you do her taunt, her leg just twist... very odd.

minnow

Smash Rookie
Brinstar Depths Glitch

During a battle on Brinstar Depths there was an item sitting on the ground (a Star Rod or Homerun Bat I think). Anyway, when the stage rotated (to the position with a foating platform in the upper right of the stage) the item rolled down into the curve of the ground where there was a dip. I went down to pick it up, and fell directly through the level. After I came back, I checked to see if it was a one time deal and fell through the same way again, and this time a computer player followed me through. I don't know if it has to be a certain item or rotated a certain way, but somehow it makes the terrain not work right.

You could easily set this up in training mode, putting different items on the slopes and waiting for a rotation to make them fall (I don't think just the regular positions of items makes this glitch work) if you want to try. Good luck.

Ardvarkbob

Smash Rookie
In the bottom part of Hyrule Temple, get a Super Scope and go to the slanted part. If you shoot the bullets up the hill so they just hit the flat ground, they will seem to get stuck on the long floor part. They can still hurt you though. Full-charged shots slow down if you do it.

marth/roy

Smash Apprentice
dont know what happened but my friend was playin and corneria and he got hit towards the hole in the back of the fin and he went threw the ship and got stuck under the ship and died dont know how he did it or what the heck it was

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
If you go on Hyrule Temple as Peach and stand on the highest platform on the right. Get out a vegetable and throw it normally (Not a smash throw) it will fall down, hit the little pillar sort of thing, bounce of that, and instead of falling on the sloped platform next to the pillar sort of thing, it will fall right through the level, close to the platform right at the bottom...

strange...

Atrocious

Smash Rookie
How can you tell what version of SSBM you have?

Has anyone noticed how fast people are posting?

Radius-86

Smash Ace
I don't know if they fixed this in the newer versions of Super Smash Bros. Melee, but in the older version, handicap 8 is greater than handicap 9. Thus meaning handicap 8 is much greater than 7, since 9 is also greater than 7. Try it out yourself I guess. Then you can go around beating clueless smashers with 8 handicap whereas they have 9, but you are the one that's really at an advantage ;).

Razii Jinx

Smash Rookie
Luigi Super-High Jump...?

Hello. Me and my friend were playing on Final D', though I suppose this could be performed anywhere with a flat surface. I was Mewtwo and he was Luigi.

Now, forgive me, but I don't know the names of the moves and what not, but here goes:

If you do Mewtwo's move where he stuns you ((and you look as if your shield is broken)), when Luigi does his flaming uppecut, you will go flying straight and high into the air without dying, at any percentage and stay there for quite a while. It's comparable to Link's Super High-Jump.

This glitch is credited to me.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
I found this one out myself.

Go as Kirby in training mode against a fox and go to hyrule temple, then put the fox on attack and on 999 damage.

Then make him follow you down to the part of hyrule at the bottom, (We call it the Damage Center)

and make him fall down the left opening to the damage center (With the stairs to the right of it)

Then turn Kirbys back to the left, so he is facing towards the right of the level, then stand just on the ridge of the brown patch (Where the creamy coloured stones meet the brown dirt)

Wait for fox to come and stand right behind you, and then do kirbys up tilt, and keep pressing it; fox should fly up then down V. quickly about 4 times and then on the 5th he will jump just as you hit him and fly up, stuck on the cieling of the damage center.

Now he will stay there for ages (I havent counted the time he is stuck yet)
After that you can run to the left of the screen after about 4 seconds of him being stuck and he fill follow you while floating, if timed correctly he will fly up the gap to the left and will Mid air dodge just as he starts to float up. He will float up and then slow down and start to slowly fall.

And it looks like he is Sky diving :laugh:

Its really cool when you do it, and it sounds alot more complicated here than it is when doing it. Its also not hard at all. :D

i can do make it 100% of the time, so once you get it youll probably remember it.

HacimX7

Smash Rookie
Super Red Shell

I dunno if anyone posted this but there too many pages to check.
This is kinda like a glitch that makes the red shell do 72 damage a hit. It also doesnt dissapear for a good period of time.

1. Go into training mode with fox and who ever, and pick final destination since its flat.

2. Drop a red shell down. Make sure the cpu on is on the opposite side of the stage so the red shell wont go for the cpu.

3. Hit the shell with fox's reflector and hold the reflector. The shell will keep on hitting you. Keep holding until the reflector breaks.

After you do that the shell should stay on the stage for alot longer than usual. When it hits you it will do 72 damage a hit, but it will never kill you.

Electricmouse

Smash Ace
Yeah, there are way too many pages to check so I'm sorry if someone already posted this. A friend and I were playing on yoshi's Island (the one with the hittable spinning blocks, and slanted pipe). I was pikachu and my friend was marth. So we were fighting on the pipe and he tried to grab me. But as he grabbed me pikachu did a weird slide that kinda looked like luigi's wavedash and slide to the top of the pipe and marth appeared at the bottom of the pipe. When he tried to grap me again the same thing happened. So has anybody else experienced this?

Melee Warrioir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chhipz
yes, i know what your talking about. u see, when u grab a character and the character breaks free of your grip (or vice-versa) you "slide" slightly away from each other. so this is why it looked like a WD, because the pipe was at an incline; looking like u moved far but actually didnt.
oh and one more thing, PIKACHU ROCKS lol.

pikaKING

Smash Rookie
i dunno if these are already in here. didnt wanna scan through all them.

suicidal lv.9 fox 1.
pick whatever character and a level 9 fox and go to the jungle japes. kill him the first time and then run and jump to the very right platform. when he comes back to the stage **** run towards u jump once puttin in the gap between the platform and the main part of the stage.here **** try to come back to the stage wit his ^ B but instead of shootin the correct way he shoots left fallin to his death.

suicidal lv. 9 fox 2.
do the same character select thing and go to the hyrule temple.when from the beginning run to the very bottom rite platform and go to the left of the platform until u sit there and try to catch ur balance. the fox will run towards u and either sex kick u or drill kick u and once he does that jus walk towards the edge again. the fox should try to comeback the stupid way again and plunge to his death.jus hilarious to watch both of these.

pikachu/pichu thunder glitch
this is for the pikachu/pichu players
when ur fightin at the hyrule temple go to the very bottom right platform and fight there or whatever.then if u want to surprise ur opponent jus use a thunder a little right of the middle and it should go through the rocks up above and shock them.

again im sry if these are already posted

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
That last one wasnt a glitch...

ah well..

Gannondorf CPU glitch.

If you play as jiggly puff and you are against 3 level 9 Gannondorfs on Hyrule temple

Go to the very right of the stage, and wait until they follow you, just as they are about to hit you, jump off down the right side, and float down to the bottom platform, wait there for a bit and the Gannondorfs should keep jumping to try and get over the little 'stump' sort of thing and never make it over.

Fox glitch, you probably all know this but ill post it anyway.

If you play as mewtwo (because its easy with him) against a level 9 fox on hyrule temple, and go down to the bottom 'room' thing which i call the damage center,

And go to the far left of the damage center, and then quickly jump to the right and up through the gap and wait, up on the top platform.

Fox should jump, then jump again and hit his head on the cieling and then fall down, to the left of the lowest platform and then Up B back up.

Then he repeats this.

RaGNoRaK

Smash Apprentice
Gannon's recovery 3 jump recovery glitch?

Get hit far, Jump Once, Down+B (Wizard's foot), Jump AGAIN, and Up+B (Dark Dive)

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
M2 glitch..

Have somone behind you, throw a red turtle shell. Reflect it (5 times?) so that with one more reflection it will break. After doing it 5 times roll, or wd or whatever behind your enemy and reflect him (down b) when the turtle shell is near. This will "break" your down B and send you and your enemy in the air hooked onto eachother. THe problem with this is that most likely you will fall and hit the turtle shell and get unstuck. So what most people do is they do this on a level such as battlefield, so that when they get popped up by the turtle shell they will just land on the platform.

I swear this has been talked about here.

One other thing, me and Tim have discovered a new glitch that can lead to some really fun stuff. We have recorded it, and are now making it into a video, its just a pain in the *** and is going slow as ****. You will definately want to check it out, We will post it in a few days, or after this weekend. :D

show-da-skill

Smash Apprentice
Hey this is Tim. Westocastwes and i finished the video and you can download it off DC++ A.S.A.P. Its worth the crappy quality. :-D It has some new stuff that many ppl havent seen.

W.J

Smash Ace
my friend and me were playing on the pokemon stadium stage once and while the stage was transforming from rock to normal he somehow got caught and went down with the stage resulting in death

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
These next ones have to do with Link’s flight trick.

On Jungle Japes, go to either the far left or right platforms and face away from the stage. Throw the Boomerang angled upwards and then jump back and hook the ledge, Link should be hooked while the river rapids keep moving him about. When the Boomerang comes back (after you’ve got the necessary conditions) Link should be flipped under the platform and then into the sky as if the Hookshot swinged him under and over.

Do the same thing now, but after the Boomerang comes back, use your Spin Attack and Link will stay in place (with the Hookshot still latched) as the river rapids move him about. After the Spin Attack finishes, press up B again to do a second Spin Attack right after doing your first one, but this time you’ll go up normally and won’t be hooked. You can still make it back to the stage this way, so it’s not a suicidal trick, but cool to see how the rapids move him as he’s hooked while doing his Spin Attack.

In Venom, go to one of the bottom wings and do the Link flight trick (careful with your Hookshot aim, you need to be precise). Well, we all know how Link will flip under the Great Fox and can go under the entire stage and get back up on the other side, right? Well sometimes while he’s flipping, he will actually glitch from underneath the wing to right above it. Now if you try to jump, you won’t. Link will make the sound he does when he jumps and will do the frames as if he’s attempting to jump, but he’ll just stay glued to the floor. You can try jumping and air dodging upwards and he’ll just stay glued to the floor. Try jumping and doing an aerial Spin Attack (you need to have excellent timing because of how fast he "returns" to the floor), and he will do the aerial Spin Attack frames, yet he will stick to the wing. To stop this, simply walk off the ledge of the stage and then jump back, and all will be fixed. I haven’t seen this on any other stage before except Venom.

VilNess

Smash Champion
We performed a weird glitch (and got it on tape) with me playing Ness and my bro played luigi.
I did a forward tilt with Ness and luigi grabbed me.
The funny thing was that I hitted with the weird spot of Ness feet. It´s
like first frame of Doc´s Whirl or foxs blaster: It doesn´t stun but it does damage (I´ve sometimes succeeded doing this with Ness´s bat). So what happened was that luigi took 5% damage of Ness feet but he also grabbed me and was able to throw me. This goes without saying that I was almost as pi**ed as amazed.
REALLY weird...

Top Bottom