• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero34

Smash Lord
oh, heh, thanks drab.

okay, in that case. phantom hits are basically when you are so far that your attack should not make contact, but you are close enough so that it barely touches them and they take a tiny bit of damage and knockback

just make sure that you are close enough to hit thats all. should be pretty easy, roy has trouble from time to time

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
I was confused about those when I first saw them. Now I know what they are thanks. But to avoide them? Just stay out of stricking distance?

598scogi

Smash Cadet
I can't find this anywhere else but what decides how you will attack when you get up from the ledge? There are two possible attacks if you just push A. I thought it was just timing but it seems like I can do either right after grabbing the ledge. I can usually do the one I want but I don't know the rule. Also I beat everything two times, I have all the trophies, played 9,999 matches and I have 9,999 coins, but I STILL can't use ganon's sword!!! HOW do you get it? Please respond to the first question first before just making fun of me for not getting ganon's sword yet.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you're hanging on the ledge, you can either press left/right to hop on the ledge, A to attack or L/R to roll on the ledge. Also, it depends whether you are above or below 100% damage. You'll do different movements.

about Ganon's sword: that's just an AR code. But you can't use it in combat.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
For the ledge attacks: Your right there are two attacks you get from pressing A. The first is only available if you have less than 100% damage, the second is a slower less effective attack (usually) and is only available if you have equal or greater damage than 100%.
As for Ganondorf's sword...I have never heard of that and have never seen it, so i am going to take a wild guess and say: there is no such thing as ganondorf's sword in SSBM.
Sorry buddy :(

edit: NGCXX you beat me to it.

598scogi

Smash Cadet
I know there's no sword and can't you do either the slow ledge attack or the fast one over 100%?
Plus my friend has sonic and he won't tell me how to get him.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
sonic in ssbm? lolol

never heard such thing. maybe action replay (gameshark for ssbm) is what he used.

or hes just a liar :p

nookrulz

Smash Ace
ok, well, I've beaten all the events except for majora's mask. Does anybody have any suggestions for whcih character to pick?

598scogi

Smash Cadet
So is there a time you can do either ledge attack? Sorry for the sonic thing it's just been too long since I saw someone ask.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
No, its either one or the other...you cannot do both. Its either: Press A at less than 100% and do faster attack...or press A at 100% or greater and do the slower attack.
If you want to do a quick attack everytime without having to do the A button recovery just quickly tap down and then quickly jump again onto the stage.
Try watching videos of others do this..it really helps.

Falcon man

Smash Rookie
characters

can someone tell me the different ways to get falco lombardo and pichu please I'd really like to have all the characters oh and also what happens after you get all the trophis. :confused: :confused: :confused: :urg:

Eggs

Smash Rookie
I need to know- what is the single most important skill for a Yoshi player to pick up, and how would I n00b like me go about acquiring said skill?

Wassup111

Smash Cadet
so how do u attack right after ur done getting up for a ledge. i'd seen it done many times n tried it but i always jump too high while in the videos ive seen, they jump real low :psycho:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
from what i understand your talking about edgehopping into an attack right?

i think its cause you use a different character? or something?

we need more information on what your talking about, but for example, if you use fox you can easily edgehop above the person head, so if you use dair it will be perfect cause your feet is at the enemy's face.

but if you use capt. falcon, his edgehop to knee, it travels rather low, due to the falling speed of falcon. it all depends on what character your using.

otherwise, ya, more info man, i dun really get what ur talking about.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
lilmiah_#101 said:
How do I get *Action Replay*, I want it and all the codes; I've beat thet game except for getting a few Trophies, other than that I'm good. I want to be able to try new things, and action replay does that very thing.So plz tell me.

Thanks,
go to a walmart or targit or eney place that sells games and buy one its that simple.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
Any suggestions for Majora's Mask event? I've tried the Luigi thing that I saw in the world record video, but I couldn't get it to work. What's a good way to do it without that trick? I've tried countering a bunch with Marth/Roy, but it didn't really help.

Jakob

Smash Cadet
Falcon man said:
can someone tell me the different ways to get falco lombardo and pichu please I'd really like to have all the characters oh and also what happens after you get all the trophis. :confused: :confused: :confused: :urg:
I don´t know whats happening when you get all the trophies but to get Falco you need to beat 100 man melee or play 300vs matches and to get pichu you must beat Event match 37 "Legendary pokemon" or play 200vsmatches.

Hope that helps.

Jakob

Smash Cadet
nookrulz said:
Any suggestions for Majora's Mask event? I've tried the Luigi thing that I saw in the world record video, but I couldn't get it to work. What's a good way to do it without that trick? I've tried countering a bunch with Marth/Roy, but it didn't really help.
I suggest it is eventmatch 47 you mean
I used Marth and beated them normally but i f you think thats too hard here is another way:

Pick either Ganondorf or Falcon, then go to the middle of the stage and use downB until the computers gets high percentage and then do the upsmash. You will take a lot of damage but if you press down it´s almost imposible for the computers to kill you.

Aquabat727

Smash Rookie
Can someone please help me get the bounus Control Freak i've tried asking a lot of ppl but i can't seem to get it. Control Freak is where you tapped the control stick twice as fast as the second tapper and i just can't get it.?!?!

Darth Wedel

Smash Apprentice
right, i have a question. i am fully aware that it probably sounds pathetically n00bly of me to ask, but im not that bad at the game.

i am totally over-using the rolling dodge, and does anyone have any tips on how to stop?

for example, i usually train my jiggz against a lvl 9 bowser on 5 stock match (i have no smash-addicted friends). i roll so much, the only reason i dont win without losing any lives is because i generally end up rolling into a smash, or do something stupid, like jump over him unguarded. im also terrible at the wavedash, but jiggz' isnt very good anyway, so that doesnt matter too much.
however, instead of running around, i roll around. ive been playing smash for about 3 or 4 years, and using the roll as my main form of movement has become so natural, im finding it extremely hard to stop, because i just recently noticed how vunerable it makes me. im stumped.....

so, if anyone has any suggestions, please, please, please let me know!

Pneuma

Smash Ace
The only way you'll ever stop rolling is if you stop playing computers and stop putting yourself in the position where you HAVE to roll.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
its hard to break the habit of rolling especially when your using someone whose not AS dependant upon wavedashing as maybe, luigi. so maybe you should practice wavedashing with luigi for a bit, try him out, try playing with him against a comp without rolling once. then you can see how wavedashing works here and there. then switch back to jiggs, wavedash a bit, but only to create space since her wavedash doesnt move her much. also try dash dancing, but you kno what, try to play where your in the air most of the times, for instance weaving WoP (since thats what jiggs is suppose to do 80% of the battle), and limit your rolls to once or twice a game.

Alex13

Smash Journeyman
Okay... you know those reputation point things? On the boards? What are those for? What do they do? How do I get them and what good are they to me???

Tyson651

Smash Lord
reputation points are points that u may give, or take away from someone who you think should earn them.

its suppose to be for the people who dont spam, and have good messages that are not only helpful, nice, and shows that he/she is a good person.

taking away reputation points are for the people who spam or do rude/useless comments, etc.

if you get a lot of reputation points, they allow you access to other forums where regular people cannot go, such as smash backroom. people who can debate and talk.

Wassup111

Smash Cadet
Tyson651 said:
from what i understand your talking about edgehopping into an attack right?

i think its cause you use a different character? or something?

we need more information on what your talking about, but for example, if you use fox you can easily edgehop above the person head, so if you use dair it will be perfect cause your feet is at the enemy's face.

but if you use capt. falcon, his edgehop to knee, it travels rather low, due to the falling speed of falcon. it all depends on what character your using.

otherwise, ya, more info man, i dun really get what ur talking about.
so captn cant do that??? well im talkin bout falco and i wuz watchin myko's vid n saw him do it, then i tried but i always just jump. i mean, what do u press exactly? :lick:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
press down on the control stick, and then jump, with falco you should be fairly high.

just make sure you dont press down too hard, this will cause you to fast fall and you wont make it as high as you would want to.

sheikmaster101

Smash Rookie
i've been playing smash bros for a while but i can't figure out how to catch items that are thrown at you. can someone help me.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
I need help with event # 24.

I suck at these kind of matches. Kill x# of enemies especially in a limited amount of time.. oh my god! ;xx The 128 mario was pretty tough, but not as tough as yoshi or the x100 one to unlock Falco.

Basically, I've been stuck on event 24 for a couple of days now.. and it's driving me nuts. I really want to progress in the events so I can unlock other characters. Are there any tips to beating this event in the right amount of time?

I've tried this event with my best characters;

Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Marth, Bowser.

No luck. It is driving me insane. Please any tips would be wonderful.

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I will try that. Also, what do you reccomend to not get as much damage? Z shield and L shield?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Okay, new subject. I've been trying to JC my dash grabs, but it's not working. I'm not jumping either, though, so that's not the problem. The terms list says that you just press jump, and you'll cancel into a standing grab. It seems to work with Marth and Fox somewhat, but it could be just because they have uber dashgrabs. Mario, on the other hand, skids like three steps, instead of jumping or JCing the grab, and Falcon usually slides, although I think I've done a few times. Anyone who actually knows what I'm doing wrong is welcome to comment, especially if you had the same problem. Thanks in advance.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do keep in mind that you have to press X or Y, BEFORE you grab. It's much easier to just JC your grab with the control stick up tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom