• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "I need help with ___"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo

Smash Lord
Fight the two hands w/ Roy(good reflexes=counter), Marth(counter to play it safe:D. Abuse the up smash) or Gannon(powerwise. upsmash and aerial fwd a). Take out Master Hand(right hand) first. Stay close to the right. Crazy hand's hand drill is hard to avoid and it messes up everything. When both hands are about to use their "special attack"(eg, clap slap), hang onto the edge. Make sure you use dodges to avoid attacks.

For the final match use jiggly. "rest" on Bowser 2-3 times and he'll be dead. Make sure that you never approach Gannon in the air as he will use his up B move(dark dive). Once he's gone, it's hard to place rests on Gannon/Mewtwo. So don't. Use low jump aerial attacks, smashes and rollout.

Hope that helps...:)

KingPenguin

Smash Rookie
Can Ness compete with Marth/Peach/Link/Fox/Falco, even amongst casual gameplay or should I give up and focus on iceclimbers/CF/ganon/yoshi/Luigi?

SSB:M Rules

Smash Apprentice
Yup, Ness can compete with them. He's just a bit hard to control and hard to learn but if u can master him, he's awesome. Trust me, I'm also a great Falco and Sheik/Zelda player, but I hate those motherf***** tiers, I think Ness is just as good as them if you know how to play with him. Just try it and focus on playing Ness for a couple of weeks. If you want some tips for playing him, just ask me and I'll post them later.

And if you find out that Ness isn't the right character, then it's no problem, you could leave him behind and try to master someone else...

RemASes

Smash Rookie
yeah i have trouble spiking to :( anyway i need help with home run contest how do you do the drop bat thing im having trouble with it i can only hit the bag like 200metres :mad:

kupo

Smash Lord
Which characters do you use for spiking?

You'll notice that spike moves have lag in the beginning. Unlike Falco's, it doesn't, so you can use it immediately.

Let's say you are using Mario.
First thing that you should never do is to use your second jump while trying to spike your opponents, as most likely you'll fall off to your death. Jump towards your opponents, not too low because you'll fall to your death! Your jumps won't be high enough to hang on the edge(maybe w/ mario because he has a great sweet spot range).
Secondly, for you to spike your opponents, time your attack. Know the timing of when the attack will connect.

Practice in Training mode w/ bowser. His third recovery move(Whirling Fortress) is easy to intercept.

Hope that helps!:)

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Re: ...

Originally posted by ThingfromtheDeep
Spiking is hard for me... I always go down with my opponent when I try to spike somebody. Any tips?

Later...
It's important to time your spike, so that after you're done you're spike, you have time to recover. Keep in mind that after a spike you need to recover, and therefore, timing is a key factor. Try getting the hang of it in Training mode, under a slower speed, that way, you can easily get the hang of when you should spike, try it with whatever character you play with, and make sure that you're precise as to when your attack will hit. The distance between you and your opponent is also a key factor. Make sure your opponent is directly below you, and experiment with a distance that will allow a decent spike to take down the opponent, while also giving you enough time to recover.

Remases:
To do the bat drop combo, pick up the bat, and do your shortest jump over the punchbag, once you are at your highest distance (which should not be very high) press Z to drop the Bat, and then immediately use aerial down A. The Bat should hit the Punchbag, then you should immediately hit the punchbag, and you should be able to catch the bat in midair to easily repeat the process. This way, you can get a lot of damage in the limited amount of time you are given.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
To do the bat drop combo, pick up the bat, and do your shortest jump over the punchbag, once you are at your highest distance (which should not be very high) press Z to drop the Bat, and then immediately use aerial down A. The Bat should hit the Punchbag, then you should immediately hit the punchbag, and you should be able to catch the bat in midair to easily repeat the process. This way, you can get a lot of damage in the limited amount of time you are given.
One more thing, remember that L-cancelling is crucial in the bat-drop process.

Be sure to L-cancel your aerial down+A's

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Jill Valentine
How can I shorten Fox/Falco illusion?
Do the Forward B, then immediately tap or press B again when you want to stop the fox illusion, personally, I see no use in doing this, because there's horrible recovery from the move (I mean the time it takes after you've done the move) and doing that just leaves you closer to your opponent, whereas if you just do the normal fox/falco illusion, it goes further, and gives you time to recover, and prepare for another attack.

Pyro Climbers

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to get the alternate menu music?
I seems to just be random, but the other one gets so annoying.
I heard a rumor of pressing/holding something at the title screen.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to get the alternate menu music at will. The one time it's assured is when you unlock everything (sans trophies). Constantly going to the title screen to the menus and back until you get it is the only way, really.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, luckily, I've worked with the alternate menu music a LOT. You need the Sound Test for it as is. Next up is usually holding L, X, or Y, something R and Z. One of them should work, but it's slightly random. That's how I get it.

paperboy

Smash Ace
It means that when you land after doing an an aerial attack, you eliminate all lag. It's most noticable with links v+a and bowsers <+a. It helps alot when you want to combo or start chain-grabbing.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Basically, By pressing L right before you hit the ground after an aerial attack, you will cancel the Lag from the attack and immediately continue to move and stuff, whereas if you didn't l-cancel you'd probably be left lagging from your aerial while your opponent hits you

paperboy

Smash Ace
Event 36: Spam ness's bat and his PK fire, but don't abuse it. Just always put it at the top of your options list:D. It's a hard event.

Event 40: Use your best character.
Event 41: Marth has a little trouble against link. But it shouldn't be a problem; just keep foward smashing him and you should have him. And stay underground:D.
42: This one is pretty hard. However, bowser self-destructs alot:D. So try to lure him off the edge and use up-b.
43: Try to single one out and combo him to death. At around 80-100% an ^+smash should kill them dead.
44: DON'T KILL ZELDA. I can't stress this enough, you will fail if you kill her. Just run away from her. 15 seconds later Mewtwo will appear. Focus all your attention on Mewtwo.
45: Very easy event. fwd and up smashes should take care of the job
46: Use your best character.
47: This is a pretty hard event. But see if you can run away and see if the other comps will hurt each other. But stick with your best.
48: I found DK to be the best at this event. Use your foward grab and edge guard. Stay away from the fat pichu, it has infinite lives
49: stick to your best:chuckle: .
50: Ganondorf's ^+smash pwns the hands. You shouldn't have much trouble here.

If you need any help with the events where you pick your character just state the character and I'll help.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Tails the Fox
Need Tips on Event 36:Space Travelers

And Events 40 to 50
36 is the one you play with ness right? you should check out umbreonmow's ness guide when it comes out.

As for 40-50, that's a lot, so ill tell u about 50, because that's the only event i remember. In event 50, you're best off with ganondorf. Taking out whom is up to you, because, I, personally don't have a preference. Some say crazy, some say master, blah blah. Anyways, his smash Up B is crucial to the process, so abuse that. That's basically all that you need. Learn to roll and dodge, and to avoid some of the attacks coming from the side use your up B. To avoid attacks coming from above, or what seems like down at you, then roll or dodge.

If i figure out what some other events are i'll let you know... one of them is where you fight all the characters right? like 49 or something. Well for that use Kirby. All you need to do is swallow them and commit suicide. Make sure to spit them out right when you're about to die (except for dr. mario, cuz if u kill urself with dr. mario, he dies first.) With falco, go to the lower left and float off the edge, when he comes near you, do a short puffiesh jump and then swallow him, spit him out when he comes. With y. link, go to the left, floating rock thingy, and y. link will come and spike you with his aerial down. Most of the time he'll just kill himself, but if he doesnt swallow him and commit suicide, don't worry about spitting him out. Roy and ganondorf, you're going to have to weaken first. With roy, you may be able to kill him by swallowing him and spitting, but you have to deal some damage first.

hmm.. is legendary pokemon one of them? I'd just say take a fast jumper and just jump around, the wire frames are crap, they're level 1 cpu's lv 9 handicap, just jump around them, they won't really attack, you may as well pretend they aren't there, and go for the pokeballs

another one is pikachu and pichu... well with that, you're gonna have to rely on pure skills, maybe if i knew what characteer you play with.

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
Im a Dr.Mario User.I've already done all from 39 down except for 36(legendary pokemon is 39 i think but i know i already completed it)

AnyNameWillDo

Smash Cadet
I have looked everywhere for an explaination on how to do Fox's infinite reflector combo, but can't find it. Since this is the most intelligent forum I've seen, I'd appreciated if anyone can give me an explanation.

ytwojay

Smash Rookie
Is there an in-depth discussion about wavedashin anywhere? I want to know how to effectively implement it into my gameplay.

The same question applies to "L-cancelling" also. I tried L-cancelling Link's air down+a, and it shortened the lag a little bit, but he still stood for a split second before pulling out his sword. I could've sworn though that one time I just landed and rolled or kept moving without having to pull my sword out of the ground. Am I doing it wrong? (press L right before Link lands on the ground)

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by AnyNameWillDo
I have looked everywhere for an explaination on how to do Fox's infinite reflector combo, but can't find it. Since this is the most intelligent forum I've seen, I'd appreciated if anyone can give me an explanation.
It's short hop, down+a, l cancel, reflector, jump into a wavedash, repeat untill you reach desired percent, up smash. It's harder than it sounds. Trust me;).

Is there an in-depth discussion about wavedashin anywhere? I want to know how to effectively implement it into my gameplay.

As for wavedashing, there should be an explanation around here somewhere... same for l cancelling...AHA!!! Found it in the SWF Compendium of SSB:M Knowledge. You should check it out for all of your definition needs:D.

Wavedashing: The name of a certain unorthodox movement technique. It is done by jumping and then immediated air dodging toward the ground diagonally so that your character will slide along the ground. It can be done by holding the joystick down and forward (or backwards) and then pressing X~R~X~R~X~R quickly. X to jump, R to air dodge. You need to test with your character to find the exact timing. While wavedashing, you go as fast or faster than a normal dash, can attack with any attack out of your dash, and can switch directions very quickly. As good as this sounds, it's not THAT useful to most people. Luigi's is the easiest to see because he slides so well.
L Cancelling:
This is a tactic to reduce the recovery time of air attacks. Right before you hit the ground, if you're in the middle of an air attack, press L (or R, or even Z) to decrease the recovery time. Most noticeable on an attack like Link's aerial Down-A or Bowser's aerial Back-A, so practice first with those.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Originally posted by ytwojay

The same question applies to "L-cancelling" also. I tried L-cancelling Link's air down+a, and it shortened the lag a little bit, but he still stood for a split second before pulling out his sword. I could've sworn though that one time I just landed and rolled or kept moving without having to pull my sword out of the ground. Am I doing it wrong? (press L right before Link lands on the ground)
Wavedashing is very usefull like the L-Canceling, This move is faster and better than using rolls (R+</>) check out this videos

go on this two videos to see how it works.

http://www.rizm.net/UserData/4413/zetumubi.wmv

http://www.rizm.net/UserData/4413/stepa.wmv

I hope I have helped you. :)

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
So that is how u wavedash.......

Anyway anyone know some good tips against C.Falcon and Falco in Event 36 I suck with Ness.

paperboy

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Tails the Fox
So that is how u wavedash.......

Anyway anyone know some good tips against C.Falcon and Falco in Event 36 I suck with Ness.
If falco uses his laser try to down+b it, cuz chances are you need some health. Try spiking them, since Ness has a good second jump. As I said earlier, spam Ness's bat and PK fire. It's a good combo against computers. If you don't want to spike, then you can use your PK thunder to steal jumps. Or you can use PK Flash( I swear it sounds like cross =/) Anyway, good luck!

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Or you can use Ganondorf and when you battle Falcon just wait until is about 6cm from you (screen size) the use the Warlock Punch. As for Falco try to stay on the edges of the stage and wait then grab, trow him outside and use Ganon Spike, sometime Falco uses his Falco Illusion so try to dodge it, there is.

EDIT: Oh ok Tails it was a long time ago when i played the las event match they are boaring. so use the PK fire or the PK ball

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wavedashing is a strategy, somewhat like triangle jumping. Basically, what you do is jump up, and dodge straight back down, in a triangle formation. What this does is allows you to slide. I really don't know the point of this, except for confusing the opponent. Luigi, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo do this best. Basically, all you gotta do is hold down on the analog stick, and tilt it in the direction you want to wavedash in (you still hold down). Press X or Y to jump, and immediately after you press them, press L or R. This'll cancel your jump into the air, and make you dodge straight down, and slide. Try this on the UFO in fourside, it's cool.

L-cancelling is used to cancel the lag from aerial attacks. When you do a spike, or an aerial attack, and when you're about to land, there'll be lag, press L right when you're about to hit the ground, and that'll reduce the lag from the aerial attack.

I'm trying to clarify this, but I think to make sure that L-cancelling works, when you land, this white dirt lands around your feet, like smoke, if you just land from an aerial, but if you L-cancel, there won't be the white dirt or smoke. I'm pretty sure that this is how to prove whethher or not you've L-cancelled.

paperboy

Smash Ace
You get it when you unlock all secret characters. What it basically is its like classic mode, but after each battle you don't automatically heal after battle. You can only use those three hearts three times, but they fully heal you. There's 4 1v1 matches, 4 2v1 matches, 4 3v1 matches, and a battle with 25 weak Game&Watches.

ZE_Ant

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your help Paperboy. I was wondering if there was any easier way to get mewto than having to play 700 VS matches or 20 hours of VS games?

kupo

Smash Lord
Leave the GC on all night. Make sure that the ventilation hole is flowing perfectly.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom