• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official item discussion

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Basically, Assist Trophies are Pokeballs with Nintendo characters. Seems really awesome and a great idea to fit in the characters people want without making them playable.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
true. i'm laughing at all the speculation going around though. everyone yelling "OH NO!! Ridley, Diddy, and Krystal will be ATs NOW!!" really though i don't know why people worry about this stuff

MrGameandPwn

Smash Rookie
Zelda fans hear my cry *uses whistle grass to summon zelda fans* recently ive had the pleasure of playing the legend of zelda twilight princess if you havent played that then you won't understand my idea how about singing grass as an item in smash it could be an assisting item similar to pokemon that summons a hawk to attack your enemies. yay!

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
yep ATs are pokeballs with nintendo characters, and yay its a great idea but I hope sakurai doesn't think of putting characters like Krystal and Wolf like ATs :S

Betaz

Smash Ace
uuum...

i haven't been around the forums for awhile and I know some of these items are cool and all (woot for AT's!) but in battles are'nt items usually turned off?? so why are people getting so excited about them... does this mean battles in brawl might now contain items?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Zelda fans hear my cry *uses whistle grass to summon zelda fans* recently ive had the pleasure of playing the legend of zelda twilight princess if you havent played that then you won't understand my idea how about singing grass as an item in smash it could be an assisting item similar to pokemon that summons a hawk to attack your enemies. yay!
Sure.
uuum...

i haven't been around the forums for awhile and I know some of these items are cool and all (woot for AT's!) but in battles are'nt items usually turned off?? so why are people getting so excited about them... does this mean battles in brawl might now contain items?
Well, it depends on what *kind* of "battles in brawl" you mean. Competitive ones probably won't use items, no.
On the other hand, items are turning out so awesome they might just decide to have tournaments with and without items.

Betaz

Smash Ace
Sure.

Well, it depends on what *kind* of "battles in brawl" you mean. Competitive ones probably won't use items, no.
On the other hand, items are turning out so awesome they might just decide to have tournaments with and without items.
hmmmm....

that I think would be a change of pace (for Competitive battles) but then it all comes down to luck of the item again like when, where, and what, the item is. I don't know about you but I would hate to lose because my opponent got lucky.

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that Smash Balls appear in a set location on each stage so they can be tournament legal. In the picture of "What is a final smash?" on the official website, it looks like the smash ball is in the center of the stage, where the middle platform used to be. It's also listed in the "how to play" section instead of the items.

*hopes this was the right thread for this post*

Betaz

Smash Ace
I really hope that Smash Balls appear in a set location on each stage so they can be tournament legal. In the picture of "What is a final smash?" on the official website, it looks like the smash ball is in the center of the stage, where the middle platform used to be. It's also listed in the "how to play" section instead of the items.

having them in a set location i think would be a bad idea
can you say spawn camping? seriously that would be a problem i would rather have them appear randomly throughout the stage.

Raistlin Majere

Smash Rookie
having them in a set location i think would be a bad idea
can you say spawn camping? seriously that would be a problem i would rather have them appear randomly throughout the stage.

If they are in a set location though, then we introduce a king of the hill type scenario, as players will have to fight and fend others off.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Add bumper to your list
Hey, it's summer. I like sleeping in. OK? Well it's updated now. Yay bumper! new wall of pain combos! Or should I say bumper of pain combos.

Well, it does say its an item,
Originally posted by Smash DOJO
The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.
Why it's in the how to play section? I don't know.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol add the ghey ness of mid air drop and you could disable a ledge

example
I hit bob out of the stage and grab a bumper
Bob:Thise will be ghey...
PIMPSLAP:you now it...
Drops to ledge
and manhandels bob as he fights for his life against a piece of a rubber around some mettle...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Maybe with 1v1 battles you could set it up so items are dropped exactly halfway in between the opponents (Well, probably better to count the horizontal distance only, since otherwise the items would end up closer to the lower person due to gravity).

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Meh, I'm only hoping for a Pitfall. How funny would it be to watch fighters fall into your trap and see them squirm around and flail their arms in the air like in Animal Crossing?

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Updates with Samus's FiS. Why does she have to be Zamus This Way? Why Sakurai? Why? Unless; the Smash ball is still not in the item list in the site, so it might not be a real item. Or Samus might transform some other way as well. Lets hope so.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I wonder how many pieces of the power suit that fall off ZSS are able to be picked up and thrown? Looks like 2-3 from the pic on the smash dojo. Also if you can drop bombs with Link in this game does that count as an item? lol

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This is a good thread (and will get better as more items are revealed). Why am I just now finding it? This should be stickied imo

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Yes this is a good thread. It's sad that the majority of members here don't use items.
Anyways, do you think that there will still be 2-D items in Brawl, or will all of the items be 3-D?

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
Yes this is a good thread. It's sad that the majority of members here don't use items.
Anyways, do you think that there will still be 2-D items in Brawl, or will all of the items be 3-D?
I really don't like 2-d items, they kind of make the game unattractive. Especially since the graphics have been improved, it would make it stand out and look weird.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Agreed with AAbatterie about 2D items looking out of place. But, the thing is, I think many feel that it's an SSB tradition, and so far we've already seen other special effects that are 2D (we have, right? Haven't we seen a 2D pikachu lightning?). They might choose to keep some of the items, primarily things that pop out a lot (food) 2D, to prevent lagging due to unimportant things such as small items.

Oh, hey, Jopaan, ya changed your avatar. I agree that it's a pity that many members look down on items... even more so that many of them go out of their way to throw in one liners of "who cares i dont use items" whenever the subject comes up.
Hmm, I don't really spend much time thinking up new items- I oughta do that more.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
This is a good thread (and will get better as more items are revealed). Why am I just now finding it? This should be stickied imo
You're just finding it now because most people here don't have much desire to talk about items, since they're tourney banned. I bump the thread for each new item, about 3 posts are made, and then it re-dies:( It's hard to find:shrug:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'll sure like to talk about items, so far I like the cracker launcher as well as the awesome assist trophies, cant wait to play witjh them even thought I mostly play without them I sometimes like to have fun playing with them, and I think I will surely play with them in Brawl more often than i did in melee

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
items are fun for hectic battles when showing off to your friends like
'argh u did not hit me with that concreat d**d* argh'
(yes im still talking about ssb(though that items isnt real its one of the wacky things in the game AR)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol like nobody goes here anyways lol but the pitfall looked kinda ghey.
*hey guys look i found a exclammation mark it's cool*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
the pitfall may be my new favorite item. it would be really dangerous in skyworld, seeing as all the platforms are drop through. there should be a freindly fire skyworld match.

Top Bottom