• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
After calming myself down, I have decided to not believe this rumor. I mean, the game went GOLD, right?
It might not be because of the game. Maybe Nintendo doesn't have the bandwidth/servers in place for WFC. You know EVERYONE is going to be playing Brawl online...
Maybe the firmware update for sharing pictures/videos or something isn't ready.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
What that actually says is basically

"The availability of brawl is postponed from January 24 to February 7."

That's a direct translation.

EDIT: Apparently this is a store site? Might just be a distribution error. Let me look at the whole article.
Please let us know your findings soon.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The translation of the first link is basically that a single store manager said that the game's release would be pushed back to 2/7, but then the article follows up by saying that pretty much everyone says that its impossible that SSBB will be delayed.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
Okay, direct translation of the first post (I'm only a japanese student, so I can't promise complete accuracy):

"A part-time worker told (someone... lii-san?) that he was told the game would be postponed and released sometime between Jan. 24 and Feb. 7.

This story is just a rumor, but must be treated as a possiblity."

And the second one:

"Nintendo has to consider it's release date of Smash Bros X. They are looking at "All possible options".

That's the best I can do.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
The translation of the first link is basically that a single store manager said that the game's release would be pushed back to 2/7, but then the article follows up by saying that pretty much everyone says that its impossible that SSBB will be delayed.
Teach me your kanji ways.

I hate those d*mn symbols...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Interesting. I think it's going to be hard for some stores to get really get their hands on it. In other words, the game will be launched the 24th, but expect limited supply. I've seen a BUNCH of forums with people looking everywhere to preorder. Somebody posts something like "xxx has 100 preorders available!" and within minutes (maybe seconds) it's gone. It seems like supply could be limited and some stores will only get the game on the second shipment.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
So, it's not confirmed then? THANK GOD. Right?

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Yesss! Thank you so much! And I agree. It is much too late to delay the game. If it did happen it would be a bad bad move, however people will still buy the game, so how much could it hurt them?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Can't believe I read all of that... And no.. no more delays thats stupid..

Game looking good so far from reading all of that. All the changes I can't really make a comment on since I didn't get in depth with Melee so I don't even know if some of the changes are good or not.

-Onyx

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
No way I see Japan delaying this "at the buzzer" 3...2...1... GO!...WAIT UNTIL SPRING DUDES! :mad: :mad: Doesnt make sence to me nor everyone esle,but I agree with ShortFuse,the game is well known and is most likly to be the Wii game of this year.Only normal to see stores with limited amounts the 1st shipment.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
No way I see Japan delaying this "at the buzzer" 3...2...1... GO!...WAIT UNTIL SPRING DUDES! :mad: :mad:
I could just imagine...Luigi would just about start to fight, the game would get delayed, and as he's running to start, his terrible traction makes him fall off the stage XD

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Updated the first post. Thanks for the help guys. I love how devoted this community is.
"What!? Smash could be delayed? I'll use altavista if I have to, I'll get to the bottom of this"

But note that it's a store manager saying he won't be getting the game on the 24th. If you're in Japan and haven't preordered brawl (or even if you have) make sure the store you're planning on getting it from will, in fact, have it the 24th.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
You might want to note that at the bottom it mentions that it's definitely a possibility. The way they presented it makes it seem like it has a high probability, IMO.

FYI, if SamuraiPanda, myself, or any others aren't available to translate, you can always try Rikai. Just put in the text, then you can go over the kanji with your cursor to see what it means. Pretty helpful, if you don't already have a denshijisho or any other kind of device.

No way I see Japan delaying this "at the buzzer" 3...2...1... GO!...WAIT UNTIL SPRING DUDES! :mad: :mad: Doesnt make sence to me nor everyone esle,but I agree with ShortFuse,the game is well known and is most likly to be the Wii game of this year.Only normal to see stores with limited amounts the 1st shipment.
FYI, this can easily happen, if you know anything about videogame development.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
You might want to note that at the bottom it mentions that it's definitely a possibility. The way they presented it makes it seem like it has a high probability, IMO.
Well, it's a common topic on JPN forums/blogs, the delaying of game. This post seemed (even with machine translation) more substantial than the rest so I felt like I should bring it up.

Thanks for the link. I could use more machine translators.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Kokichi, you can check out (i'm not asking you to translate for the thread or anything) the "related link" on the page and see that there are a bunch of rumors of delays.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Another reason why I don't think it will be delayed (for the US) is because No More Heroe was bumped up to 1/22/08. They wouldn't want to compete with Brawl.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Another reason why I don't think it will be delayed (for the US) is because No More Heroe was bumped up to 1/22/08. They wouldn't want to compete with Brawl.
If that wasn't sarcasm, I hope not, since I really don't think they expect No More Heroes to even come CLOSE to the sales of Smash Bros. NMH isn't Galaxy, it's a third party that seems like GTA collided with a laser sword and killer7.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If that wasn't sarcasm, I hope not, since I really don't think they expect No More Heroes to even come CLOSE to the sales of Smash Bros. NMH isn't Galaxy, it's a third party that seems like GTA collided with a laser sword and killer7.
hey, that's what he meant. by "compete with," he meant "be completely decimated by."

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
If the game's delayed, that'll suck huge balls. But if it's just stores running out of pre-orders, that's another matter entirely. I can't beleive diehard fans would wait this long to think about pre-ordering. It's just a $5 down-payment. :\

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
A delay 9 days before launch...seriously doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Hah, yeah, that too.
That doesn't make ANY business sense at all, especially not for such a heavily-hyped game.

*trying very hard not to even imagine the POSSIBILITY of another delay*

gameday

Smash Rookie
If the game's delayed, that'll suck huge balls. But if it's just stores running out of pre-orders, that's another matter entirely. I can't beleive diehard fans would wait this long to think about pre-ordering. It's just a $5 down-payment. :\
Actually, in Japan we don't even need a deposit. I just called up my local store, gave my name, and was told to pick up my copy at 10 AM on January 24th. So yeah, no excuses.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
The only explanation would be if the shortage of discs that plagued Europe in particular over the holidays was a lot more severe than initially reported. Nintendo said that would be cleared up in a few weeks though.

You dont start running commercials with the date in it a few weeks before and delay it unless something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Top Bottom