• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official King Dedede Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I wish I was any good with kind dedede =/
He's a really good character but I was never any good with slow characters...
I've started using him again and he's quite fun XD

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
This thread seems too epic to miss out on. DDD is a really great character and has been my main for quite some time.

His bair has such good reach for a person with no legs. o.O

JOE!

Smash Hero
Not to sound trollish, but i actually wanna discuss this :p

how do you D3'ers think he would change (tier, tourney wins, etc, etc) if his infinate grab were to be banned?

how would his matches where he could only use the z button and control stick (bowser, wolf, etc) to win change?

DeDeDe's awesome, but i cant help thinking that his only claim to fame is being the best chain grabber :/

T3h Albino

Smash Master

how do you D3'ers think he would change (tier, tourney wins, etc, etc) if his infinate grab were to be banned?

how would his matches where he could only use the z button and control stick (bowser, wolf, etc) to win change?

DeDeDe's awesome, but i cant help thinking that his only claim to fame is being the best chain grabber :/
Ic's are the best chain grabbers...

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace

This isn't really true, even though people think it...

1) he has the best recovery of any heavy character.(except for snakes c4 jump, but that may kill him at higher percents anyway, and warios fully charged fart jump and it can only be done once every two minutes or so)

2) He has one of the best airs in the game (bair) that goes through so many upb's and basically can make winning with him as easy as chain grab to edge and bair them do death. Its super high priority, supper fast, and has sexy knockback

3) He has unbelievable range (ftilt in particular) and an amazing projectile

4) his up tilt is probably the second best in the game next to snakes.

5) Wicked grab range

6) His moves are really quick despite his size (bair, ftilt, dtilt, dair, uair, utilt, dsmash(reasonably))

7) Has the best spot dodge in the game

8) has the strongest back throw in the game

Anyway, their is more, but these ae the ones that jumped to my mind
I'll admit he certainly would not be as high in the tier list if he couldn't chaingrab, but he would still be one of the better characters in the game easily. The fact that he can infinite doesn't change much, because he has the advantage in those matchups anyway, because he can still chaingrab them off the level and gimp them farily easily.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Something weird just happened, and I want to know if this has happened to anyone else before. I'm fighting a cpu Dedede on final Destination, and at one point, I hit him with squirtle's dair during his side-b animation. The animation is interrupted, but a Gordo appears right behind him and just sits there (it does not get thrown, it just remains stationary), at which point I am carried into it by my momentum and die. Has anyone else seen this before?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
never hitting the gordo, no. But ive seen the gordo get stuck and not move. That happens on uneven levels just a little less than frequently for me.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Strong/Multi - hitting attacks have the ability to knock Waddle Dees, Doos, and Gordos out of DeDeDe's hand when hit at the beginning of his side B animation.

Edit:

Actually, it may just be any attack in general, as long as you hit him during the beginning of his side B.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have a question about the super jump,

it seems that there are 3 ways to land it
there the normal hitbox landing that makes the stars

and the two im confused about.

when you cancel the hitbox by pressing down, sometimes he just falls on his back and gets back up.

but sometimes he likes falls, and than flops over and falls again, which amounts to like a full second of lag before you can do anything.
how do i avoid this?
posted in one of the other stickeys and went a week with no answer

V

Smash Ace
to answer that question, when you cancel the jump to close to your landing, you just flop like that with no invincibility frames and you cant tech or do anything out of it, basically leaving you open for a charged smash if your opponent knows what he's doing. try to space yourself so that you land just at the peak of your jump so you do damage and cant be hit from underneath

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
both of you double posted... Anyway
M2K, Seibrik, CO18, and some others are up there at the top, theres a thread about this already... look it up

LSDX

Wah!
The main page of this thread needs to be updated extremely. Just stating an observation that it's been the same for quites some time, months even.

JKoss

Smash Rookie
I would throw a Waddle Dee, if Zelda's close enough or in range, to throw off her timing.

Then get below and close to the stage (assuming it's FD shaped) because Dinn's Fire can't reach there easily.

And use his Super Jump to recover.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
««get real»»

All of you posers are just talking about how "cool" he is, and it's just a waste of a thread when we can be talking about any new techniques or helpful information on his brawling life.

Staco

Smash Champion
If your going to hit the ground, nair, because other wise, you'll get a good deal of lag.
If we talk about momentum canceling we dont hit the ground.
We use this moves to stop our fly away speed. And we have to use the move with less time to use.

edit: Okay, dair is maybe better if you were send diagonal, because it auto fast falls.

Horizontaly you have to use bair and then jump. ;)

Staco

Smash Champion
Yeah, its DDDs hardest MU. If you watch Atomsk DDD you will see, that he often runs to the opponent and shields in front of him. He can be grabbed really easy in this situation.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
whats the best way to do your multiple jumps forward wall facing the opposite direction?
Pause it, then press L + R + A + Start

Really, jump first while facing backwards, then BAir while holding the control stick towards the opponent. From the ground, you want to press backwards to start the turnaround animation. Immediately after turning, let go of the control stick, jump, and BAir.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think you are talking about wall of paining with back a, no?
Well, just jump and press bair right away. Another jump will change your direction and you will be facing the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom