• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Official LINK VIDEO Thread

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
why am I not in the pros list???

anyone going to Event 52 in Kansas
Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th
CLICK HERE TO PREREGISTER

Where
- Johnson County Community College
- 12345 College Boulevard | Overland Park, Kansas, 66210

When & What

Saturday, October 18th
- Check in starts at 9:30am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Teams) @ 10am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Singles) @ 3pm

Sunday, October 19th
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 16 Man Bracket (Teams) @ 11am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 32 Man Bracket (Singles) @ 2pm

Entry Fees

- $20 for Singles
- $15 for Doubles
- $5 Venue Fee

The Venue Fee with be waived for those that bring a setup (TV & Cube)

Pot Split

- 1st - 50% + OoS Bonus
- 2nd - 35%
- 3rd - 15%
- 4th - $20

Rules

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
- Everything else

Hotel Info and Housing
There are several reasonable priced hotels about 10 minutes away from the venue. Both are about $40-$50 dollars a night.

Motel 6
6400 E 87th St
Kansas City, MO 64138
816- 444-4125

Days Inn
6101 E 87th St
Kansas City, MO 64138
(816) 765-4331

Housing will also be available. PM me with the details and I'll try and help you out.

The tournament features a large ball room venue at the newly constructed Regnier Center at a local community college. It is provided to us by the GIG club (game interest group). The venue can hold up to 300 people. There will be approximately 24-32 setups so everything runs smooth and finished on time.

There will also be a guaranteed out of state bonus of $500 dollars.

Estimated payouts with 64 attendees:
1. $ 1100
2. $ 500
3. $ 200

This is a minimum estimate, all extra money will be put towards the pot. Prizes will likely be much higher.

Important phone numbers: contact if you need directions or any other questions
darkrain: (816) 726-4901
Stealth: (913) 485-0664

Pre-registration page is up and the list will be updated a couple times a day. Also housing is being offered on a first come, first serve basis. People who need housing should register as soon as possible.

http://www.jmloredo.com/Event52/

^ Register Here ^

Note that pre-registration is required but pre-payment is not.

Deva

Smash Lord
I'll have to look into that. And yeah, lol, we should add you to the pros list. I'm in class atm though, so I'll try to do it afterwards.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
why am I not in the pros list???
"In order to be listed under the Link Pros section you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
-Be ranked in a state with some of the more competetive smash scenes, aka Nor Cal, So Cal, NY, NJ, WA, FL, TX, etc. using Link as your main
-Have placed notably well at a Major Smash Tournament using Link
-By a general consensus are considered to be a pro by other Pros and well known players alike."

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
"In order to be listed under the Link Pros section you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
-Be ranked in a state with some of the more competetive smash scenes, aka Nor Cal, So Cal, NY, NJ, WA, FL, TX, etc. using Link as your main
-Have placed notably well at a Major Smash Tournament using Link
-By a general consensus are considered to be a pro by other Pros and well known players alike."
what about Toronto? =)

Deva

Smash Lord
Good point, never really thought outside of the US when I made that.

And my vote is for Elovo to be in. His Link was pretty crazy back in the day, what with your matches against Foreward and stuff.

Skler

Smash Master
Here's all of my VLS vids, I'd like these to replace whatever I have up there.

Skler vs Cort FoD

Skler vs Cort DK 64

Skler vs Cort BF

Skler vs Cactuar FoD

Skler vs Cactuar RC

Skler vs N64 FoD

Skler vs N64 FD

Skler vs N64 BF

Mostly because these are tourny matches and I played pretty well in them, with any luck the final tape will get put online since it has me vs Mathos and I don't have any Falco vids up. The Link dittos with PC might be a good idea if only because it has two Links and PC is ****ing beast with him.

Skler vs PC Link ditto 1

Skler vs PC Link ditto 2

Skler vs PC Link ditto 3

Skler vs PC Link ditto 4

These are all way better than my other vids, it's just tons of really good players and has good examples of what to do (and what not to do) against each character being played at a high level.

Edit: I mean no offense to El Lovo because I know he's amazing, but you set a guideline and you need to follow it. Lovo you should be placing at the Kansas tourny anyways, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
well i didn't place at kansas
I went all Link
I lost to these guys in round 2 pools
Darkrain
smeesh
colbolt
pika-chad- too ****ing good

though I did beat every player that went sheik against me (except m2k--friendly)

also I played certain pros but they play like they don't give a ****. Really makes me ****ing sick and makes me want to quit this game.

also I jumped down a 15 ft wall. Does this make me pro?

Spife

Smash Master
well i didn't place at kansas
I went all Link
I lost to these guys in round 2 pools
Darkrain
smeesh
colbolt
pika-chad- too ****ing good

though I did beat every player that went sheik against me (except m2k--friendly)

also I played certain pros but they play like they don't give a ****. Really makes me ****ing sick and makes me want to quit this game.

also I jumped down a 15 ft wall. Does this make me pro?
sorry to hear about the losses, good to hear you still play Link (sorry you still play Link though), and sorry about the sandbagage, that'll happen. Did they sandbag in friendlies? Cause that **** doesn't matter much. Good **** on the sheik ownage, and no, 16 ft walls are for teh proz
DId you get any footage at Event 52?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I recorded a match or two againts jfro ( a link from Kansas) but that was it

also, it wasn't sandbagging, it was more like a being a little *****.

Skler

Smash Master
Do you mean they'd go off the stage for SD kills and **** like that? Also, are you talking about friendlies or tournament matches? I understand people ******* around a bit in friendlies, but it's kind of annoying in tourny matches.

Spife

Smash Master
I understand people ******* around a bit in friendlies, but it's kind of annoying in tourny matches.
QFT, I remember the first time I faced Zoso in tourny he looked away from the screen really quick during the second match. I was a pretty hard core nub back than and no challenge for him but it's still disrespectful :urg: I think that's the only time I've felt that way though.
Zoso is a good guy though, I just didn't know him back then.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I recorded a match or two againts jfro ( a link from Kansas) but that was it

also, it wasn't sandbagging, it was more like a being a little *****.
um sir.
since you went to Kansas and knowing that youf and Raynex (Canadian fox main).
how well did you do against him ?

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
I've come a long way with my skills. and since I'm fairly new to the boards i was wondering what you guys thought. and hopefully i could get some tips to tighten up my skills. Let me know what you guys think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8564252145633763364&hl=en
you did a very good job especially since you were against a marth. his long range is links weakness. your use of projectiles to keep him away was good work.
i would advise using more nair though, the last stock you used nair more and even for the edgeguards and it worked. shffling nair is very usful for comboing and getting opponents off the edge where they can easilly be KOd with projectiles or a well placed up B.
also you only used dair like once or twice along with uair. some players prefer not to use those moves because of their lag but if you have good l-canceling (which you appear to have) then it isn't so bad. dai is a good finishing movie which i incorperate into my combos and uair is good for juggling.

just my opinion though. great link work.

ppig

Smash Journeyman
a very good link guid i think every link player thats interested in progressing thier skills should take a look at this guid it gives you a feel on what link is capable of and breaks bad habits i know that this thread did that for me i improved 10 fold after reading and watching all this usefull information so preety much what im saying is its good

Rykard

Smash Ace
Here is a video i made showcasing links spin attack edge cancel taken to the max. I figured this would be a fun thing to do one day so i hope you guys enjoy it. I posted a thread for it in the misc. videos section under melee but i figured a would leave the link here too for you all to see.

It's called Spin It To Win It

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7Yk7ftxok

Rykard

Smash Ace
Its in the description but the mexican sounding one at the beginning was just something i had and the one for the remainder of the video was in Cowboy Bebop

Top Bottom