• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official list of Banned Stages :

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here are all the banned stages for tourneys and the reason why:

Battlefield
The sunlight, which is lethal to elitists, may make them shriek with horror or shrivel up, giving the other players an advantage.

Delfino Plaza
Moving stages are not allowed in tourneys.

Yoshi's island
The whimsical support ghost does not provide constant support, therefore making some players on board die.

Lylat Cruise
The platform on the far left is .3899 inches wider than the platform on the far right, giving advantage to any players standing there.

Bridge of Eldin
King bulbin gives advantage to players with better jump.

Smashville
If you jump for the moving platform and miss, you may recieve lag upon landing, therefore ruining your chances at victory, because that's what .23 second lag will do to you.

Rumble Falls
Players with bad jumps are at a disadvantage.

Skyworld
The platform breaking may prove too distracting to those with destructive tendencies.

Castle Siege
The lava basement is too small, giving large characters a gross advantage.

Warioware
The stage changes are too fast and distracting.

Pokemon Stadium 2
The ice and wind give too much advantage and disadvantage to heavier and lighter players.

Battleship Halberd
The laser is lethal to slower characters.

Shadow Moses Island
The lag cause by the searchlights ruins any chance at victory.

New Pork City
Why do you think Hyrule Temple was banned?

Pictochat
The thought of drawing obscene things on there distracts players too much.

The Summit
The slippery surfaces give advantage to some players, while leaving others slipping ans sliding without a chance to get an attack in.

Norfair
If you dont get into the capsule when the lava wave comes, there is too much disadvantage.

Mario Circuit
Players with slower reflexes will not be able to dodge the cars, ruining any chances of victory.

Frigate Orpheon
If the stage spins when you are in the middle of a wave dash, you are doomed.

Distant Planet
The rain, which is poisonous to elitist may make them shudder. In that time, their character could get beat up.

Mushroomy Kingdom
The nostalgia it brings could be too distracting.

Electroplaknton
Not enough flat level surfaces for wavedashing.

Luigi's Mansion
The upper level is 2.34578 inches bigger than the lower level, giving advantage to chracters who sit up there.

Port City
See Isle Delfino.

The Great Sea
Toon graphics may be too distracting. The moving background may also result in motion sickness in some players.

Spear Pillar
Not enough is known about this stage, but it will probably be banned anyway

Green Hill Zone
See Mushroomy Kingdom

/jokethread don't get pissy.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed it. I came in thinking "isn't there already a thread on this? what makes this one official?"

I was pleasantly surprised.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this isn't really my true opinion. I respect the pro smashers a lot, as I just play casually. I would love to go pro, but, I just don't have the time.
But I just can't resist poking fun at some of the ridiculous rules that pop up from time to time.

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
Its true, though. Deliberately twisting a game to fit your own warped ideals when there are hundreds of games already tailored to your needs... it's pretty stupid.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
You're missing a few stages. Like the retro Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. levels.

Donkey Kong: Too complicated. Enclosed areas, moving platforms, and stage hazard (retro Cranky Kong) are all distractions to players.

Mario Bros.: All platforms are solid, making it hard to navigate. Also, the enemies are too common. Nearly impossible to KO with any attack that sends enemies upwards

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
you forgot that Final Destination should be banned because players standing in the center of the stage are less vulnerable than those closer to either edge, offering an unfair defensive advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom