• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Little Mac for SSBB" Thread (SNES Mac, not NES)

burrito

Smash Lord
You're in denial, bro. Little Mac is definitely deconfirmed, I don't think 1up could mistake it.
Yes I am partially in denial, but Knuckle Joe already does something very similar to how they described Little Mac. I think they might have mixed them up.

Or it could just be speculation from the way they worded it. I simply wont believe it until I see it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*sigh* Of all the franchises to get the screw job, why Punch-Out? Of course, 1UP isn't the most dependable source, but still... things do not bode well at all for everyone's favorite game boxer...

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Well, I didn't think he would be in, but he is a cool character. Maybe next gen.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes I am partially in denial, but Knuckle Joe already does something very similar to how they described Little Mac. I think they might have mixed them up.
It could've been, but I don't think Little Mac would do Knuckle Joe's Gattling Punch thing.

The only thing I see a mix-up, really, if it happened to be another Punch Out!! boxer being an AT instead of Little Mac.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Find a video that shows Mac in action. I want to know if it's either the NES version or the SNES version? If he is blonde-haired in SSBB, then that means the SNES boxer is seriously the remake of the NES Little Mac. If he is black-haired in SSBB, then I'm gonna have to say that the SNES boxer is the remake of the wire boxer from the arcade versions, while I would say that people are right about the SNES boxer being named "Little Mac" or simply "Mac" in EA's GCN version of Fight Night Round 2 not being canon.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who has just one mention in the suggestions is probably going to be an assist, of course the character entrances are back, and I remember sending in a request asking for him to return them and make them even more unique (which I don't believe showed up in the list of suggestions he posted), and judging by the videos, he actually did it. That's so cool...

NukeA6

Smash Master
I guess the team couldn't come up with any moves besides punches. It would be weird if Little Mac did kicks and projectiles anyway. I do understand the de-confirmation.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I can't BELIEVE NES LITTLE MAC WAS DECONFIRMED!!!

He's...he's perfect for Brawl, goddammit!!!

But SNES Mac...no way. Way too ugly, and if one Mac is deconfirmed, it's quite likely that the other will not be playable.
NES Mac is way too plain. NES Mac looks uglier when sitting with Doc Louis in the game than when sitting with Doc Louis in the instruction manual.

burrito

Smash Lord
If there is a video or pic, then I would like to see it. Otherwise, I think it's pointless to make assumptions. You can be disappointed/happy about it when we see a pic/video.

I guess the team couldn't come up with any moves besides punches. It would be weird if Little Mac did kicks and projectiles anyway. I do understand the de-confirmation.
They came up with a whole moveset for Marth, if they can do that they can definitely come up with a moveset for Little Mac. His B moves would be easy enough anyway. The beauty of his moveset is that it would just use punches, it would be awesome. If Little Mac isn't in Brawl, it's for other reasons than not being able to come up with a moveset.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If there is a video or pic, then I would like to see it. Otherwise, I think it's pointless to make assumptions. You can be disappointed/happy about it when we see a pic/video.

They came up with a whole moveset for Marth, if they can do that they can definitely come up with a moveset for Little Mac. His B moves would be easy enough anyway. The beauty of his moveset is that it would just use punches, it would be awesome. If Little Mac isn't in Brawl, it's for other reasons than not being able to come up with a moveset.
If y'all want to discuss about the NES Mac, then go to the Character Index Thread and click on "Little Mac (NES)".

This thread is actually about the SNES version. In my opinion, the SNES version is probably the most recent version, while it has more potential than the NES version does. Also, if Kirby copied NES Mac, it would be hard to tell if he is imitating NES Mac or not, when it comes to zooming the camera out. Also, Kirby isn't allowed to wear anything on his hands, but he is allowed to hold some things. It would be easier to tell who Kirby is imitating if he copied SNES Mac.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The SNES version looks like he took waaaaaay too many blows to his face....

...Isn't Lil' Mac already deconfirmed anyway...

parrothead

Smash Lord
The SNES version looks like he took waaaaaay too many blows to his face....

...Isn't Lil' Mac already deconfirmed anyway...
It might be true, but we'll have to see if he really is in SSBB. The 1UP.com staff are probably looking at Knuckle Joe or someone similar. As soon as October 18th comes, there will be more videos.

burrito

Smash Lord
If y'all want to discuss about the NES Mac, then go to the Character Index Thread and click on "Little Mac (NES)".
ummm... I didn't mention NES Mac at all. I don't believe that the "Little Mac assist trophy" has been said to be either NES Mac or SNES Mac, so far. Personally I think that either way Mac is Mac and NES Mac and SNES Mac are deconfirmed if Mac is an assist trophy in either form. As for NES Mac and SNES Mac, I have no preference between the two of them, except that I don't want Little Mac to be too small as a playable character. It'll probably be an updated design on his character.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I never played Punch Out so today's update doesn't really excite me. I was like. W/e, another assist trophy.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Rub it in why don't ya, Sakurai... :mad:
Guess the Smash Icon confirms that there will be no playable character or stage from Punch-Out... Too bad, a boxing ring would have made for an awesome stage...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai has started to deconfirm characters, Mewoth, Little Mac... who's next?

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
I think they obviously wanted to put him in as a playable character, as he's very retro and from a really loved game and whatever - the character model isn't a lift like Meowth's or something, but actually a complex redesign like they did with Ice Climbers. Eh, whatever.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Same with Lyn, i think Sakurai had a change of plans for some reason with those characters.

Top Bottom