• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Tournament Results Thread

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno made it outta first round pools, I believe.

His Mario's legit. Too clutch.
I did. I beat spite (Mario/Mk) with a real clutch kill (and a gimp fail -.-) and ash (TL) both 2-1. boss and will both destroyed me. I took off one stock between both sets of will and boss.

Round 2 pools are tomorrow. I'm gonna relax for a bit.

Famous

Smash Champion
Boss-Knocked out of 2nd round pools purposely to watch/play melee -_-
Famous-Bribed to drop sets in first round pools.
Kirin-Currently playing in Brackets
Inferno-Knocked out 2nd Round Pools?
Omari-Knocked out of 1st round pools.
2FAST-Idk how he placed
Matador- Didn't enter

Famous

Smash Champion
I had free entry so why not? I'm 100% sure I could have made it to brackets but I knew I wasn't going to place in the money...

I'll try placing high next time so we can get more good tourney placings for Mario xD...I'm not quitting anytime soon so it's all good. Now, we have to get Boss to start caring more...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just don't understand... If you compete it's to try to win right? If not, then why enter?
I don't know. Not only is giving wins bad sportsmanship IMO, it also makes no sense to me.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Still having faith on Boss? time sure changes everything, he was a good image for many Marios for sure, but today, we have to break our own limits in order to improve and keep going ahead of time, believe in yourselves first, dudz.

For those who keep training and such, keep doing it, it will pay off someday, and if you´ve reached a limit as a player-person, just think and realize that u can be a better version of yourself and move on...at least, that´s what i think and how i feel.

What do u guyz think?

Time flows and Mario is just an image of what we want him to be for us and for others...-

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to take boss's title since...well...last summer. When I first got into competitive smash xD.

Famous

Smash Champion
I took it, then gave it back when I started to not show up for sheit, lol...

@fromunda-Your right but the main reason I go to tourneys now is to just see friends/bestow knowledge on other Mario/Luigi mains...I use to have a reason to play this game and strive to be the best, but that reason is gone now..Somewhere along 2010, my purpose for playing kinda drifted away...

Then I had a good talk to Omari, which somewhat convinced me to start playing/practicing again...I get discouraged to play when I ONLY get to actually play Brawl at tournies...

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
-Still having faith on Boss? time sure changes everything, he was a good image for many Marios for sure, but today, we have to break our own limits in order to improve and keep going ahead of time, believe in yourselves first, dudz.

For those who keep training and such, keep doing it, it will pay off someday, and if you´ve reached a limit as a player-person, just think and realize that u can be a better version of yourself and move on...at least, that´s what i think and how i feel.

What do u guyz think?

Time flows and Mario is just an image of what we want him to be for us and for others...-
Agreed, totally

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I am sad that I can't practice/train. Hopefully I can get a wii next year and then I'll be wifi-ing it up. At least I won't be rusty.

Also my pimp hand has gone weak. I used to try and do hard reads and cape Shuttle Loop. Now I had a free gimp and ****ed it up. When I play my fraternity brothers, I'm aiming to gimp all of their stocks.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
*Pound* V was fun overall, chill smashers (people) to be around & brawl with.

Loved seeing with several of you Mario Bros. mains (2fast, Boss, Famous, Inferno just name a few) give me support (I heard some of you guys but later tuned you guys out in order to zone in) during my sets in pools.

No excuses, I had fun (except getting sick...that was bad because I rarely get sick) during the tourney & did much better than if I was to focus on irrelevant matters (winning, losing, what the smash community think of you as a smasher &/or person (unless it's beneficial towards you) & not letting the hype crowd get to you).

Regarding Mario positions (titles): Personally, I'd prefer if smashers don't label &/or compare me. The only one & thing I'm competing with is
myself & time
(regarding smash). Thanks.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Unfortunately I didn't get to play you, Omari. Had a few things I wanted to show you.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Were you there because several smashers informed me that you couldn't make it & I was sleeping in the lobby Saturday (sick). I was looking for you the first day because the crew was running late & come to NY (whenever you get the chance)!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Were you there because several smashers informed me that you couldn't make it & I was sleeping in the lobby Saturday (sick). I was looking for you the first day because the crew was running late & come to NY (whenever you get the chance)!
I shook your hand right after you finished pools. I watched/cheered for you during all your matches, lmao.

Didn't know that was me? Was wearing a black jacket with white stripes and a black skullcap.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, now I really wish I hadn't gotten sick...the face I believe is familiar but I'm drawing a serious blank (due to name tag) ATM.

Edit: Forgot to ask for your cell # & 2fast's...next time bro, until next time.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Meh, it's whatever. I had a funeral to go to so I couldn't to stay for more than 5 hours at a time...which was NOT enough.

Only Mario I played was 2Fast, who's incredible.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Going to a monthly on saturday, I went last month but got dead last... **** those armor pieces...
My Mario hasn't improved one bit.

SKidd

Smash Master
Going to a monthly on saturday, I went last month but got dead last... **** those armor pieces...
My Mario hasn't improved one bit.
Bad mindset... Go in there looking to win it; and if not try again next month.

Also who is in your avatar now?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Akemi Homura from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Description might make it sound lame as hell, but the anime itself is pretty amazing.

Everyone there is on the PR, (or close) cept for me. >_>

SKidd

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12553015#post12553015

:D ! First round, I lost to a chap named Kodokan, who uses Marth. I really feel I have the potential to beat him. Any help on the Marth MU?

Loser's, I get (the only) bye (:troll:), and proceed to 2-0 a fellow who goes by the name 'Cheeszeman'. He uses ZSS. We often play in tourney. Almost always. This is the first time I beat him. I was, and still am, so happy.

And then I get 1-2'd by Bundtcake, the best player in my province right now. First match he went Samus which was pretty simple, Then he beat me with Fox, then Fox again. He's one of those "I use everyone!" people(Though he really mains ROB and Kirby <_<).

Was a really fun tourney. I hope to do even better next time :D !

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Good stuff SKidd,
I'm not really good at the Marth MU, but I like to try to get in really close to him. It's almost a suicide dive, but I rather get in really close to him so he can't WTFSURPRISE fsmash tipper me. I'm pretty sure there are ways to fight against his dancing blade while you're getting hit, if he's doing it too slow, maybe you can mash up'b out of it, or DI down and shield. I also tend to try to recover fast if I'm recovering from a low angle, that disjointed d-air spike goes through our UP'B like nothing.

OH YES, and I find that FLUDD is VERY helpful in this MU, even when it's not fully charged. It screws up spacing, and at worst, it just resets.

Calebyte needs to come back to us and update :(

Also, I added the tourney link to my post.

SKidd

Smash Master
Arigatou gozaimasu, Juxt!

Any help I can get is great.

Also, I have a match vs the ZSS I 2-0'd(Refer to my last post). It should be recorded sometime within the next 2 days.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Same with me Famous, I'm going to MikeHaze's tourney next weekend, to attend, and build some hype for the tournament I'm hosting next month.

steep

Smash Lord
Same with me Famous, I'm going to MikeHaze's tourney next weekend, to attend, and build some hype for the tournament I'm hosting next month.
Where is your tourney going to be man? I'll try to come if it's not too far away!

Top Bottom