• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
He will fsmash sheik's ledgehop fair with bowser... twice in one match.... when the sheik is m2k...

Dashdancedan too good :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@Laijinn-Yea Chips a marth player now lol. He mains brawl and doesnt do too much YL. I think its been 3 1/2 months since Ive played with him. But his YL is tight tho.

@Jpobs-yea I feel it on the tier list thing. I think it just comes down to M2 is hated.

D

Deleted member

How can you prove YL and Roy are better than Mewtwo, if they don't show it in tournament?
pick those characters and press buttons at them, and you'll notice that the ugly one is unplayable.

zelda is amazing. don't be a hater.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
falco's recovery is hella underated.
more precisely, the ability for falco to be gimped is incredibly overrated.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
and what makes you say that?
mostly because really good falcos don't get gimped often, even by really good non-falcos.

like how many times did PP get gimped by m2k/Kirbykaze in their sets at rom?

falco has enough recovery mixups that it makes it really really hard to gimp consistently. especially to make statements like "lol throw him offstage and he dies" thats so ********.

its mostly really bad falcos getting gimp'd and giving him a bad rep.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure if you do throw Falco off the stage you're gonna kill him lol.
unless you suck.

Even Young Link has no problems with that. He just has to throw a boomerang out there, jump out there and stick out a n-air. Goes through all Falco's options.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
mostly because really good falcos don't get gimped often, even by really good non-falcos.

like how many times did PP get gimped by m2k/Kirbykaze in their sets at rom?

falco has enough recovery mixups that it makes it really really hard to gimp consistently. especially to make statements like "lol throw him offstage and he dies" thats so ********.

its mostly really bad falcos getting gimp'd and giving him a bad rep.
did you not watch the rom1 set between m2k and shiz?

do you just not watch falcos play in general?

every falco player gets gimped at some points. his recovery isn't like ness tier but it's still not good

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
shiz? you mean that guy who runs over to the edge all the time, and that one time on his last stock ****ing dsmashes?

yeah just go ahead and reference that, it's not like you're trying to be credible or anything....

and dont gimme that "he was talkin about good falcos shiz is good blah blah blah"... shiz is the most reckless high level falco in existence, if he played safer (which i doubt he ever will) he would be EVEN MORE ****....

Merkuri

Smash Lord
What does recklessness have to do with being gimped? The point was that once Falco is off stage he dies, the fact that Shiz put himself in position's to be knocked off stage more than other falco's is irrelevant.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Falco is gimpable, but that doesn't mean absolutely useless...
He's like 4 best in the WHOLE GAME.

You can be absolutely useless (like Bowser/Ness/etc) off stage and still be that good. lol

Have you seen YLs recovery? GOD TIER!!!
Best character in the world. We just don't know it yet!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
did you not watch the rom1 set between m2k and shiz?

do you just not watch falcos play in general?

every falco player gets gimped at some points. his recovery isn't like ness tier but it's still not good
I was going to mention shiz vs m2k in my post as a prefix to this predicatable response "lol but what about when shiz got ***** at rom by that gimp" but neglected to for the sake of brevity. But snce you asked, I'll address the entire set, specifically under the pretence that falco's recovery is so bad that "once he gets thrown off stage he dies" at gimp percentages/situations (regular edgeguards don't matter for this discussion). I neglected matches 2-3 where he played fox

Match 1:
2:25- gets backthrow'd by sheik at 33%. recovers, does not get gimped.
2:56- gets hit offstage by a downsmash at 0%. does not get gimped
4:44- gets backthrowd at 7%. gets gimped.

Match 4:
0:39- gets fsmashed offstage at 21%. does not get gimped.
1:34- gets fthrow->dtilted offstage at 28%. does not get gimped
2:55- gets downthrow'd offstage at 0%- does not get gimped.
3:16- the famous gimp.

I don't know why you reference this set, there are only 2 gimps in it, and 5 non gimps. It's not some exhbition on "how to gimp falco" or anything. And yea the last gimp recieved a lot of hype (as it should given the circumstances) but other than that, theres no evidence in this set that entitles you to mke statements as if it was a s**tshow =/

anyway, yea, falco's get gimped at some points. EVERY character gets gimped at some points. But the fact remains that the ability to gimp falco is hella overrated based purely on bad falco's getting gimped consistently (cuz they're bad) or good falcos getting gimped in exceedingly rare famous situations.

but neither of those 2 scenarios change the fact that good falcos rarely get gimped overall, and people overrate his gimpability, especially with statements like "throw him offstage and he dies unless u suck" gimme a break.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Bamsey, i used to think you knew everything, but i am dissapoint. Falco 4th best? Son, i am dissapoint.

Edit
LOL JPOBS IS TALKING ABOUT EDGEGUARDING GUYS.

(<3<3<3<3)

Top Bottom