• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
To actually get a new tier list, I think we should do something like the Brawl Backroom weekly character discussions. We can have everyone discuss a different character each week and take stuff like matchups and options into account, then maybe utilize some point system and rank the characters based on that.

Battlecow

Play to Win
well

my only problem with leffen

is he treats the community like dog **** because they're too lazy to get better at the game

but then u watch his matches and u wonder where the **** he gets all this clout from lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg-IOCXTYzM
'zackly

It's like

"Leffen's sooooooooooooo good but he's rude!"

and then leffen masturbates to Armada's posts about him and pants to himself about how he's the best player in the world, respected by all but with no time to suffer fools

but he ain't even good

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so ice climbers..they're pretty good...better than i thought...now that i've been playing them seriously for a month or so I am starting to question whether fox really has a better matchup on ICs than falco....

1. splitting vertical is in general safer than splitting horizontal.
2. lasers keep ICs facing toward you..which they don't really want.

falco still doesn't have any trouble finishing nana off stage rapidly (*shine dair or whatever)

so it seems like the only place that fox has an advantage is in splitting them on non platform stages...starting to think that other than FD falco generally has it better in the matchup than fox...

i know that was random and probably not related to tier list discussion that much..but it's what is running through my head after 8 hrs of smash of which about half the time was playing ICs

Bones0

Smash Legend
I actually just today watched M2K vs. Chu and PP vs. Chu from Zenith. I think both matchups have their benefits and drawbacks. Fox is so fast he can dictate the pace much more easily, and shine spikes can lead to huge comebacks. Falco seems more limited because of his speed, but lasers are good at keeping ICs' approach in check, and his punishes seem more consistent. He dies significantly sooner than Fox, though.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
This is kinda a late response, so sorry for that.

lolthisthread

I like how Yoshi's Parrying is argued as some godlike ability, in a metagame where most people can't even powershield consistently.

Though, I still think Yoshi has the most potential of all characters if a player were to perfect it, but I don't think anyone will ever do it. Yoshi might become a mid-tier if high consistency with Parrying becomes a common part of the metagame. Right now, that doesn't happen.

Also Sheik. :awesome:
Here is a set of Angel's Yoshi parrying both attacks and projectiles very consistently against Samus (especially the first match). Also, despite Sheik's chain grabbing on Yoshi, which breaks around 50-60%, Yoshi does pretty well against her. Most of his attacks kill her pretty early and he can combo her well.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I played Vectorman and threw everything I thought of at him (early aerial, late aerial, tomahawk grab, etc.) and he pretty much parried all of it. :|

It's definitely not a gimmick.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Plenty Of my posts are taken seriously. But people usually just assume that new POSTERS not smashers are automatically poor posters

Kal

Smash Champion
It's not terribly hard to critique the content of a post instead of the poster. If a poster makes baseless assumptions, they don't suddenly become justified because the poster is Armada. This whole issue of ignoring new posters is being blown out of proportion because of Leffen. On the whole, I don't see this as a big problem on Smashboards. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

leffen

Smash Champion
lmaaaaaaaao people take this **** way too seriously
this thread has never been better

@construct. Jesus you just don't get it do you?

@Umbreon: lmao you've been hating on me soooooooooo hard after I **** all over you in this thread before. You haven't given a single REASON to why I'm so undeserving or ****ty or whatever, just the fact that I am. I'm not even disagreeing that I am, infact I'd probably hate reading myself as a poster (if I didn't see the humor in it I suppose) but still,

Its so ****ing typical of you to NEVER give any form of debateable reasoning. Weak.

@Bones0: real talk I have a lot more respect for you than you'd imagine. I never really found the "bones0" logic thing that funny, I mostly just tagged along with it because armada/beat spammed it all day erryday. We actually think alike in a pretty decent amount of things...

also house *****. ;o

@lovage: I've never ever seen someone who wishes that they were black more than you my brotha.

@Kal. Its not about NEW or OLD, if anything it has to do about GOOD or BAD. When I judge if reading someones mindless blank statements is worth it or not I don't look at the join date, I youtube them or look at their post history

@Impulse: I was soooooo disappointed in the level of play :( so many stupid SDs, missed JC's out of shine, etc. Very sloppy play tbh, hopefully next tournament will be better.

@Hbox: Falco beating falco doesn't really prove much, and PP beating you, and Mango beating M2K, is nothing new. also, falco didn't look too good in LF, lmao.

@M2K's Planking puff. Finally, can people now realize how horrible it is? Once Hbox figured it out M2K got nothing from it, and at BEST he will get a fkn 8% fair.
Giving up all stagecontrol isn't worth it at ALL.

@Carpenter insult: It was a half rip of the notion that some think that Jesus was a carpenter. Construct thought he deserved respect, even though he was wrong, just like oh so many stupid christians. Don't even ask where I got it from LOL

Mahone

Smash Champion
yes, i was getting to the end of your post and i was getting worried you wouldnt mention christians

btw, im hardcore christian and nothing you can say will ever convince me god doesn't exist... enjoy ur eternity in hell

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Does Leffen have something against christians or something? Personally, I don't really care about other peoples' religion. I just don't like the people who impose their religion on others.

Anyway, on the subject of Leffen, here's my opinion:

If you're getting insulted by his posts, you're taking them too seriously.
If you aren't getting insulted by his posts, you aren't taking them seriously enough.

Once you work that out, the humor in them can be pretty entertaining.

Doser

Smash Ace
That's the most ******** thing I have heard in a long time. It's one thing to say you hate religions (I do as well) but it's another thing to say that you hate Christians.

Zoler

Smash Ace
That's the most ******** thing I have heard in a long time. It's one thing to say you hate religions (I do as well) but it's another thing to say that you hate Christians.
Hate is a bit strong... but feel pity for, or have no respect for?

Any logical being would see all the flaws with being christian and believing in a book which makes up impossible events and contradicts itself on every other page.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
As a bisexual, I find it hard to respect people whose belief system specifically targets people like me and says that we deserve an eternity of pain and suffering.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Bisexuals don't deserve an eternity pain and suffering.

Australians, on the other hand, totally do.

This isn't offensive, because I was raised in New Zealand, and am half Australian.

john!

Smash Hero
if this turns into a ****ty version of the debate hall (which i didn't think was even possible) then i'm leaving lol

how about you guys keep your religious/anti-religious beliefs to yourselves and talk about the tier list, mmk?

i know you all have something to say about religion, but this isn't really the place to do so.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Every time I see Mango get stuck in shine, it feels like a bait. Or, better yet, something he's doing on purpose to mindgame you. :\

But yeah, Impulse play was kind of sloppy. Finals were still pretty hype, though.

Still waiting on those Yoshi weaknesses, leffen. Unless you don't care enough, lol.

I have no words for the rest of this thread.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yoshi has trouble doing a decent amount of things compared to the top tiers

Bones0

Smash Legend
if this turns into a ****ty version of the debate hall (which i didn't think was even possible) then i'm leaving lol

how about you guys keep your religious/anti-religious beliefs to yourselves and talk about the tier list, mmk?

i know you all have something to say about religion, but this isn't really the place to do so.
Religious discussion on Smash Boards: moderately civil

Peach > Marth: savage warfare

john!

Smash Hero
Religious discussion on Smash Boards: moderately civil

Peach > Marth: savage warfare
you don't understand though. peach vs. marth is an important issue! we're not talking about the origins of the universe or the meaning of life or any of that dumb stuff.

if you disagree with my opinion about peach vs. marth, then you are obviously a terrible human being.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
I've had an epiphany of sorts. Leffen has no interest in actual intelligent conversation, debate, or progress. He just wants people to agree with him.

I'm not egotistical enough to think I deserve respect, I'm a ****ty random from Ohio. However, I do feel that I deserve something more than to just have some kid with a napoleon complex shouting "no u stupid flopmerican ur rong dont u get it" when he claims he wants a thought-out conversation.

Kal

Smash Champion
If he wanted intelligent discussion, he wouldn't act so belligerent. You should just follow Umbreon's example and add the guy to your ignore list.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I ignored him for like a month one time, didn't work because I was out of the loop on every discussion and I always wanted to see what leffen had said that had pissed everyone off so much

it only works if everyone does it I guess

ALSO ZOLER'S A 9GAGGER LOL THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Initiating approaches is Yoshi's primary weakness, Yoshi's at his strongest when he can observe and implement his retardo counter-offensive game. Otherwise, he has to work with some relatively clumsy options to catch a hit. This can sometimes be mitigated by forcing the approach via egg planking, but that probably won't be implemented due to the stigma.

Kal

Smash Champion
He doesn't mean the country. He means its inhabitants.

If that makes you feel any better.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think there should be a Leffen discussion topic. He appears to be a more polarizing issue than the tier list itself. We could just move all discussion about him to that topic.

Top Bottom