• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Yeah, but I think that ppl should use other characters than Fox. I mean probably like half the pros use Fox and the low tiers are constantly ignored. I guess for a start ppl should use Y. Link against Puff like what Armada did against Hungrybox.
Character viability is linked to how much usage they receive. Good players will want to win, and will maximize these chances by playing top and high tiers. As you move down the list, matchup spreads become more and more disadvantaged, making it excessively harder to win.

Play to win. This is the mentality a large chunk of the competitive Melee community has.

I would disagree, Y. Link does much better with his good camp game against her and doesn't get up thrown>Rested like Fox does, nor does Y. Link get gimped as easily as Fox does.
Armada is an outlier, an exceptional player. Fox does a lot better than Young Link, to think otherwise because of one example is silly.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Character viability is linked to how much usage they receive. Good players will want to win, and will maximize these chances by playing top and high tiers. As you move down the list, matchup spreads become more and more disadvantaged, making it excessively harder to win.

Play to win. This is the mentality a large chunk of the competitive Melee community has.

Armada is an outlier, an exceptional player. Fox does a lot better than Young Link, to think otherwise because of one example is silly.
I feel like a portion of it had to do with it being an unfamiliar match up as well. I've pulled that stuff on people before. I'll play someone low tier who is rarely played and the other player doesn't know how the match up works right away. And by the time they find out, it's too late. Not saying that is the main reason Armada one that, it was clearly him outplaying Hbox, but that can sometimes be a factor.

Sorry that it wasn't really a relevant response to your post. I just was pointing it out to who ever was saying that Y link is a better match up choice against Jiggs.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have yet to play wobbles too. some day i'd like to gauge who's better between wobbles and fly... but they're both godlike

i'm catchin up i think though. just gotta prove myself in tournament

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I have the videos on my computer. I downloaded them in 2006 from omnigamer off the hub. Its a set from 2005.

i used to be a huge dire vulcan fan!

SDC

Smash Lord
His fair and his nair are really good, dont get me start about his fsmash, fully charged it can kill anyone. If somebody spams projectiles you can absorb them and use them against him, you have a potential automatic ko move that hits alot more than it doesnt, a really high upb, a powerful upsmash, a fast wavedashing, a shield that not so bad when you get used to it, great tilts, his downtilt is so useful i can use it to edgeguard como or even devesnive when i need to. It's really good, and you need to try him out more

EDIt also his edgeuagding is really good, parachute and fair are great edgegaurders, they stop fox and falco in their tracks in the air when theyre illusioing or firefoxing, also ganon and cf cant recover against him, ever thanks to ftilt and dtilt

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
a really high upb, a powerful upsmash, a fast wavedashing, a shield that not so bad when you get used to it, great tilts, his downtilt is so useful i can use it to edgeguard como or even devesnive when i need to. It's really good, and you need to try him out more
You're talking about fox here right?

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
G&W is bad.

He dies way too early, gets combo'd really easily, has no sheild, his moves have a lot of ending lag.

But he does have a really good edgeguarding game, combos, and throws.

Still, he's pretty bad. If he wasn't so easy to kill he'd probably move up some spots.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Peach is not light, she's a middleweight character.

You're also forgetting that Jiggs is an amazing character and her worst weakness is her awful combination of being light and being floaty. GaW being light is just another weakness that adds to his already existent list of flaws.

SDC

Smash Lord
Peach is not light, she's a middleweight character.

You're also forgetting that Jiggs is an amazing character and her worst weakness is her awful combination of being light and being floaty. GaW being light is just another weakness that adds to his already existent list of flaws.
oh yeah, then why is she so easy to kill off the top? peach is a lightwieht, thats obvious

jiggs is good, but if gnw's 9 judgment hit more oftn then hesd be almost as good

Top Bottom