• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Laijin

Smash Hero
My only problem with the list is that DK is too high, in my opinion.
Well I mean when you have a match up against DK vs Young Link thats like 70-30(in YL's favor of course), I can see where you are coming from.
But he does alright against Falcon and stuff I guess. idk.

If anyone disagrees with the above statement I will take this time to challenge anyone's DK to a money match. DK vs Young Link. Who is down?

Laijin

Smash Hero
On a serious note though. Ganon should be higher than at least Falcon. His forward air which I call THE PUNCH(personal reference. its a cool name IMO) does like 17%, goes through projectiles, and kills people at early percents. Its pretty quick and can covered if missed just by a jab(think Shine's). His Roll goes like half screen and he can also chain grab. Can Falcon Chain grab? NOPE.
Ganondorf's recovery is pretty good too.

I don't see a reason why he is so low on the tier list except people don't use him very much.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Listen to Laijin, he is a master of Ganon. He's been playing for years and he has watched many videos of the tournament masters.
Dude I'm not saying that Ganon should be above Fox or anything or that Ganon is a better character than he really is. All I'm saying is this...
Ganon has many strengths to take down characters. I am full master ganondorf and I believe Ganon can do a lot better than hes doing now. Especially with his Air Foward(which I call THE PUNCH).

Laijin

Smash Hero
sooo what you really mean by that...Kage sucks?
Maybe hes not using all of Ganon's strengths? Since I've been using Ganondorf since I started playing this game, its safe to say that I am indeed a full master of Ganondorf. Here I'll go into a lot detail about what I mean. Once you see my points im sure you will agree.. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery. I mean the dude is a freakin' huge and powerful. I'm sure Sakurai intended to make him stronger than he really is. Kage has to unlock his full potential first. Maybe he will do it at Pound 5 and quit losing to Links and ****. Anyways. Onto my points...

The Punch. It has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

Next, check his roll. It goes like half screen. It makes him rather fast, nearly eliminating his speed problem on the ground, and a great character when it comes to the defensive game. It pretty much eliminates the need for his wavedash, which, with Ganondorf, who needs to do most of his attacking from hops, is pretty much useless already unless you are looking to smash attack. Wavesmashing, however, in my opinion, is also a bad idea, because, in the time and damage it takes you to actually land a smash, you could have just used The Punch and killed you opponent by then.

Even though he has to fight mostly in the air, 3 of his 4 air attacks are pretty fast, and are quite massive. A major advantage he has is that nearly all his attacks move the opponent considerably, and can topple him from 0%, so his opponent gets little to no counterattack opportunity.

Like I said before, the only explanation I can find for why he is low on the tiers is that no one has used him seriously. I think he really keeps up, if not tops, the top tier characters.

tl;dr Ganon is better than people think he is

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think Kage is pretty good.
Did you not see my points? Obviously he has room for improvement

Here:
Laijin said:
Maybe hes not using all of Ganon's strengths? Since I've been using Ganondorf since I started playing this game, its safe to say that I am indeed a full master of Ganondorf. Here I'll go into a lot detail about what I mean. Once you see my points im sure you will agree.. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery. I mean the dude is a freakin' huge and powerful. I'm sure Sakurai intended to make him stronger than he really is. Kage has to unlock his full potential first. Maybe he will do it at Pound 5 and quit losing to Links and ****. Anyways. Onto my points...

The Punch. It has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

Next, check his roll. It goes like half screen. It makes him rather fast, nearly eliminating his speed problem on the ground, and a great character when it comes to the defensive game. It pretty much eliminates the need for his wavedash, which, with Ganondorf, who needs to do most of his attacking from hops, is pretty much useless already unless you are looking to smash attack. Wavesmashing, however, in my opinion, is also a bad idea, because, in the time and damage it takes you to actually land a smash, you could have just used The Punch and killed you opponent by then.

Even though he has to fight mostly in the air, 3 of his 4 air attacks are pretty fast, and are quite massive. A major advantage he has is that nearly all his attacks move the opponent considerably, and can topple him from 0%, so his opponent gets little to no counterattack opportunity.

Like I said before, the only explanation I can find for why he is low on the tiers is that no one has used him seriously. I think he really keeps up, if not tops, the top tier characters.

tl;dr Ganon is better than people think he is

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Your opinion of my opinion doesnt really matter troll.

The fact that no matter how good you get with ganon, he can still be camped by fox and falco and DD camped by falcon, and eaten by sheik. So, hes just aight.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I think it's fair to say that all characters still have room for improvement.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Jiggz is clearly broken.

edit: I just read the last few posts. Facepalm! u got me lol.

for the record It only worked cuz Liajin thinks his YL will actually defeat any m2 anywhere.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I only have one problem with this and its sheik being in S tier. she belongs at the top of A tier

rhan

Smash Hero
Marth and Shiek should be above Jiggs.

cuz...

You guys hype Jiggs up too much. She isn't as good or godlike as you guys think. Marth is definitely much more of a broken character then Jiggs. And Sheik is just simple to learn and she has amazing priority/kill potential.

It's 2011 now. Stop thinking Jiggs is that good.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think sheik is better than jiggs,

she has better matchups vs fox, marth, falcon, ganon. Jiggs either loses to, or wins by a smaller margin in those matchups.
jiggs might be better vs falco. and peach i dont really know

and sheik obviously beats the hell out of mid-bottom tier.

i dont really know if marth is better than jiggs tho. i could see it argued either way

Top Bottom