• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

john!

Smash Hero
Is the new list still going to have splits based on character Mean deviation from one another? Because I just mean that's really silly to base splits on. All Mean difference shows is that some characters are closer to being agreed upon than others in their order, and not a reflection of where character viability makes a jump. Especially seems counterintuitive when an onlooker is trying to interpret the tier list and sees that Falcon is a "Whole tier" better than Ice Climbers.
high variance isn't related to mean, and it doesn't indicate that a character should be lower, it just means that it's a controversial character.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Not standard deviation man, but my word choice isn't the best either.

character Mean difference from the closest character* is what I meant, so put that in place of Mean deviation if you want, even though it's a mouthful.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I think Armada was kinda met on the wrong footing, he had some things I think were wrong. Might be mistaken here, since I was kinda drunk about the time GFs started :D

You can DI out of side b to stuff, right?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I think Armada was kinda met on the wrong footing, he had some things I think were wrong. Might be mistaken here, since I was kinda drunk about the time GFs started

You can DI out of side b to stuff, right?
No, you can't DI out of side-b > stuff

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Oh I didn't see crews, fair enough then

I was going to make the point that he's drawing too much from a single match, but yeah

ShroudedOne: Goodness that was quite a while ago. Didn't Amsah take games off Armada back then?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Genesis 1 was, but Apex 2010 was maybe 8 months after Pound 4 (where Amsah beat him). Still, you're correct, it did happen.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Unshield - letting go of the trigger
Shield drop - dropping through the platform from a standing shield
Shai drop - dropping through the platform from a dash into shield

Forget Marth-Peach. I'm more interested in seeing how many people still think Falco-Peach is even, or, god forbid, in Falco's favor. I liked the end of one match where PP was at 100%+ and Armada was at 0%. There was literally nothing PP could have done to win that game imo. It is a 100-0 situation, and it's a situation that frequently comes up in matches. Games are won and loss by how well people are able to tack on damage after getting kills, and if you're unable to do anything to a freshly spawned Peach, I think that's a massive disadvantage.

outofphase

Smash Apprentice
i agree with bones. imo she is easily the best vs falco. she combos him to death, he combos her for 35%. her grab game>falcos grab game. she edge-guards him well, while he lucky to get significant amounts of damage from her being offstage. obviously she lives forever on some stages. dl64/fd/fod arent good for falco, ys/bf are pretty even, ps is in his favor. her float camp is solid against laser camp, and her OOS/CC game makes approaching a big risk every time. her ability to trade makes the hit and run style an uphill battle. she legitimately counters him well

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Here come people saying Marth beats Peach because Armada almost lost to one (a secondary at that).

What if Armada just isn't good at the Marth MU? The first set of GFs, Armada clearly didnt know how to deal with the constant pressure of the sword, especially the side bs that PP was using to get free utilts and what not. It showed in the second set, though, that Marth simply cannot deal with turnips and that he has a lot of trouble KOing Peach

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Marth does beat Peach haha. The IQ on smashboards has just been pretty low lately and for some reason people thought that like peach won the match-up or was higher on the tier list or something. Idk.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Smashboards: Where things are already decided and there is absolutely no way that MUs or player strengths could change

This thread is dumb we've already decided the MUs so the tier list is perfect /thread no more discussion

Why do I still come here...

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Things can change, and everyone has an opinion. But everyone's opinion isn't equal.

Also, new tier list is complete, just waiting for a few things before I post the new thread

Stevo

Smash Champion
Things can change, and everyone has an opinion. But everyone's opinion isn't equal.

Also, new tier list is complete, just waiting for a few things before I post the new thread
awesome.

I like how Apex 2013 top 8 involved basically all the top 8 characters in the game according to the 2010 tier list (minus IC's and plus doc).

Although it won't be much different, I'm looking forward to seeing the next tier list.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

Especially if it uses boneslogic or its cousin inuilogic.

"The best character is whichever one wins the tournament."

"The matchup is in favour of whichever wins it in GF. "

"The best player is whichever one wins the tournament. "

"If the best player loses, they become not the best player any more."

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Especially if it uses boneslogic or its cousin inuilogic.

The best character is whichever one wins the tournament.

The matchup is in favour of whichever wins it in GF.

The best player is whichever one wins the tournament.

If the best player loses, they become not the best player any more.
lololol this is it right here. this is smashboards

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
The best player is whichever one wins the tournament.

If the best player loses, they become not the best player any more.
If the best player isn't the one who wins, please explain to me how you decide who the best player is. Counting the number of fanboys?

Also, marth > peach.

D

Deleted member

Nah, just Bones. Most people have the audacity to actually think about how those could possibly be flawed conclusions lol
it's not as bad as everyone telling pp how to play marth after last night.

but probably pretty close

needs more fsmash LOL

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Don't you attempt to tell top players how to play all the time? Mad hypocrisy (though I agree with you).

Top Bottom