• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@sveet: I agree w/ 95% of your refutation of Zant, except that I think you are underestimating n-air. it has long range, and if they are spacing right with it, can't really be punished by people CCing. (hit and drift away on the second hit).

Also, glad to see people being corrected for improper usage of terminology ^_^

Mariofan12

Smash Cadet
I would put Link and Pikachu in middle, not low. Link has a lot of projectiles and a good defense because of his heavy weight. I would also put Pikachu higher because of his fast dash speed and his thunder may have a bit of lag, but it can be a good finisher if you use it at the right time (no platforms blocking it)

Doc King

Smash Lord
Your right, they should. I think the whole cast should basically be higher than they are now.

rhan

Smash Hero
Oh dear god.... And I though this thread would get any stupider... Smash is dead to me now... I'll just move on to Starcraft 2 and Halo Reach...

I quit this stupidity.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm losing more and more interest in melee. I'm too into SSF4 now and Brawl is starting to look more and more appealing.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
What kind of drugs are you on?
Less and less people are playing melee and Brawl has larger community. It also feels less restrictive cuz there are more accepted stages and it's not uncommon to see people maining lower tiered characters.

Edit: It's also cool how unlike in melee I don't have to practice tech skill, it doesn't take much practice to retain skill which is awesome when you don't own the game.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
^ Was that for me? I like smashboards, and I still like melee. I'm just not as into it anymore, and finding people to play against is difficult. Hell I'm hardly even watching videos anymore. I guess I'm just over this and moving on to other games lol.

Brawl is newer and more convenient.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I was about to read that post but I fell on my face tripped over a brawl.

no it's your choice but hey thing about how long people may play chess?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
not having people to play with sucks.

id play something like ssf4 but only if people wanted to do it competitively. im pretty much done playing with noobs just for fun, in any game except fps genres. there is something still funny about shouting people in the head lol.

id rather play melee alone than play ssf4 with non aspiring casuals.

I wish there was a scene for dragon ball z shin budokai2 for the psp. most competitive dbz game ever. easily the best. combo system is legit.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
So your very black indeed kaostar. I love fighting games overall but the tradional way to play is way to campy and the controls and movemnt feels wrong. What's up with the combo system? does it have SDI?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So your very black indeed kaostar. I love fighting games overall but the tradional way to play is way to campy and the controls and movemnt feels wrong. What's up with the combo system? does it have SDI?
sdi lol. no.

basically there are several types of cancels. you just cancel chains into chains to combo.

you can teleport out of any combo if you have 3/7 ki bars. you can play aggressive but its at a risk. defensive is probably to hard because you waste energy for no gain. its pretty balanced and everyone its usable. you have to have decent defense and offense.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
not having people to play with sucks.

id play something like ssf4 but only if people wanted to do it competitively. im pretty much done playing with noobs just for fun, in any game except fps genres. there is something still funny about shouting people in the head lol.

id rather play melee alone than play ssf4 with non aspiring casuals.

I wish there was a scene for dragon ball z shin budokai2 for the psp. most competitive dbz game ever. easily the best. combo system is legit.
Well the people who I have to play in SSF4 and Brawl are about as good as me(I'm a bit better in SSF4) so it's still a lot of fun.

I don't see much fun in playing any fighting game alone; what I really wish is that there was a larger scene for Capcom vs SNK 2 and Super Street Fighter Turbo 2. I wish people my age still appreciated the older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom