• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You know what would be cool? Is when they releashed the new list and next to everyone it gave a few statements on their placingment nothing fancy like puff they could say bair, bair, bair, rest and marf only good against noobs, people without projectile, no sheild, and really slow.

Some could be funny and others could give somewhat detailed reasons like for gannon they would surely talk about his fair jab set-u and how his combos do like 60% for like 3ish hits. But lasers win the match-up.

Just an idea to reduce the noobs asking hey how come roy isn't God tier? he has so much range, a great WD, amazing grabs, and great edge gaurd. For roy insert move then CC to **** roy, you are also punsuhed for good spacing as roy most of the time, and has the shortyest recovery in the game is light and a FFer to max out his S***y recovery.

Let It Riot

Smash Cadet
You know what would be cool? Is when they releashed the new list and next to everyone it gave a few statements on their placingment nothing fancy like puff they could say bair, bair, bair, rest and marf only good against noobs, people without projectile, no sheild, and really slow.

Some could be funny and others could give somewhat detailed reasons like for gannon they would surely talk about his fair jab set-u and how his combos do like 60% for like 3ish hits. But lasers win the match-up.

Just an idea to reduce the noobs asking hey how come roy isn't God tier? he has so much range, a great WD, amazing grabs, and great edge gaurd. For roy insert move then CC to **** roy, you are also punsuhed for good spacing as roy most of the time, and has the shortyest recovery in the game is light and a FFer to max out his S***y recovery.
I agree, giving reasons really helps give validity to the tier list. It's best to make it not look like it was magically divined from the heavens.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Link and YLink and basically just as good as another. I think regardless of how the tierlist changes, they should always be near each other. One is better at killing and heavier but the other has better spam, speed, and doesn't get combo *****. Also when you look at their matchups, overall, they get about the same amount of advantages and disadvantages overall.

Idk, something that Skler brought up awhile ago.

rhan

Smash Hero
Link's better represented in tourney. Especially when those Link players place high. How many of the great Young Link players that still play place high? Jash is about the only Young Link to do so.

I think Link is better anyway. He hits like a truck while we hit like girls. :/

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
True, but the fact that one of those high placing link players was the one to bring it up intrigued me. We really need more players since out of the YLink players that still play.... I can't even find their placings to begin with haha.

Skler

Smash Master
Y Link just deals with a lot of MUs better. Anyone Link has an advantage against due to projectiles Young Link does better against. Link gets ***** by anybody his projectiles aren't very useful against anyways (see Fox, Falco, Falcon, Sheik).

How does YL stack up against the Ice Climbers, Samus and Puff? Those are Link's better matchups in the top/high tier.

Fletch

Smash Master
Y Link just deals with a lot of MUs better. Anyone Link has an advantage against due to projectiles Young Link does better against. Link gets ***** by anybody his projectiles aren't very useful against anyways (see Fox, Falco, Falcon, Sheik).
Didn't you say before that YL>Link overall? Or am I remembering incorrectly. Not saying it's true, just wondering.

rhan

Smash Hero

How does YL stack up against the Ice Climbers, Samus and Puff? Those are Link's better matchups in the top/high tier.
YLink can handle them pretty well. But we get brutally wrecked by the spacies and Sheik. Falcon is a little easier as YLink then Link.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^ as of now I guess there's 3. Skler, HDL, and Germ.

But throughout the history of smash, Link has had the highest amount of players and best placings when compared to any other low tier.

Trevyn, Skler, Germ, Azen, Aniki, HDL, Mr. C, Teh Spammer (lol), Deva, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some more.

Not a lot but I doubt any other low tier character has had as much representation.

... Not sure why I'm saying this. I'm pretty bored and I can't wait till Apex xD

rhan

Smash Hero
aren't there 2 Link "pros" total?
GERM, Skler, HDL, Blazing (He's legit as fuuuuuck)

But that's obviously better then the Young Link players that don't even play Young Link anymore lol.

Laijin (Moved on to Sheik), TRC (Plays Falco), Me (Mains Samus now). At least the Link mains have a strong enough character that does decent in tourney play.

rhan

Smash Hero
What place did GERM get at Genesis again? I pretty sure that's a feat. Also HDL at Pound 4. What other low tier mains did that?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
HDL didn't break pools at Pound 4.

GERM's thing at Genesis I'll grant you I guess.

edit: I don't think Link is low tier anyway.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Psh, that's how it is now. Link players used to have it "easy" back when I started playing :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
theres such a distinction to Link compared to the rest of the low tiers. Pikachu as well tbh.

rhan

Smash Hero
HDL didn't break pools at Pound 4.

GERM's thing at Genesis I'll grant you I guess.

edit: I don't think Link is low tier anyway.
Oh I feel dumb now.. That match v Armada seemed like a Bracket match with all the hype surrounded by it in the building.. Eh my bad.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Which is why he paired himself against a Sheik in the first round... :psycho:

Winners' bracket
Lost to Aniolas

Losers' bracket
Defeated NGRD
Defeated Hyuga2
Defeated DOH
Defeated dark mike
Lost to darc

Overall placing: 25/126

Mariofan12

Smash Cadet
I think Ness should be higher than bottom tier, maybe in the middle of low tier. His match-up average is 50:50, and that average for all matchups is way better than the other bottom tiers. Yoshi has a 40:60, Bowser has a 25:75, Mewtwo and Pichu have 30:70, and Kirby has a 35:65.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think Ness should be higher than bottom tier, maybe in the middle of low tier. His match-up average is 50:50, and that average for all matchups is way better than the other bottom tiers. Yoshi has a 40:60, Bowser has a 25:75, Mewtwo and Pichu have 30:70, and Kirby has a 35:65.
Yea dude. Ur hella right.

Fletch

Smash Master
Ness is pretty much the worst character in the game lol. It's a tough call between him, Pichu, and Kirby.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I love when people who have no knowledge of how a character can be played make statements about how good they are.

rhan

Smash Hero
Don't be mean to the 2010 joinee.

But Ness is garbs. He CAN be good in the right hands but overall he's crap.

Fletch

Smash Master
I love when people who have no knowledge of how a character can be played make statements about how good they are.
Mew2King and several other pros have stated those are the worst 3 characters in the game. Mew2King said that he thinks Ness is the worst character in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom