• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
why?
I logged in just to ask that lol, i just never understood it
edit: im only asking mango, dont quote this spamming that you heard some random crap about m2k doing something rude or something else that most likely isnt true that i dont care about
i dunno i like to keep that little

hate there

to make when we play more epic and stuff

i respect him and all

but i still hate him

=D

Matux

Smash Apprentice
good list :)

captain falcon is good ranked and woah marth as many before me said, he raised greatly. did sheik fall?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Converted into power levles

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fox 9999
Marth 9900
Sheik 9789
Falco 9200

High
Peach 8456
Captain Falcon 8123
Jigglypuff 8000
Ice Climbers 7900

Middle
Samus 6800
Dr. Mario 6200
Ganondorf 6000
Luigi 5800
Donkey Kong 5400
Mario 5300

Low
Link 4700
Pikachu 4300
Young Link 4200
Roy 3600
Zelda 3045
Game and Watch 3000

Bottom
Ness 2535
Yoshi 2500
Bowser 2200
Mewtwo 1800
Kirby 1500
Pichu 1200

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

Fox 9999
Marth 9900
Sheik 9789
Falco 9200

High
Peach 8456
Captain Falcon 8123
Jigglypuff 8000
Ice Climbers 7900

Middle
Samus 6800
Dr. Mario 6200
Ganondorf 6000
Luigi 5800
Donkey Kong 5400
Mario 5300

Low
Link 4700
Pikachu 4300
Young Link 4200
Roy 3600
Zelda 3045
Game and Watch 3000

Bottom
Ness 2535
Yoshi 2500
Bowser 2200
Mewtwo 1800
Kirby 1500
Pichu 1200
lmao wow

if u put it into perspective

pichu is the power of one of the saiba men summoned by vegeta and nappa

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok thats cool and all but this is Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube we're talking about here.

Not Dragon Ball Z for the Television.

s'all good common mistake though.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice

Fox 9999
Marth 9900
Sheik 9789
Falco 9200

High
Peach 8456
Captain Falcon 8123
Jigglypuff 8000
Ice Climbers 7900

Middle
Samus 6800
Dr. Mario 6200
Ganondorf 6000
Luigi 5800
Donkey Kong 5400
Mario 5300

Low
Link 4700
Pikachu 4300
Young Link 4200
Roy 3600
Zelda 3045
Game and Watch 3000

Bottom
Ness 2535
Yoshi 2500
Bowser 2200
Mewtwo 1800
Kirby 1500
Pichu 1200
now thats lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
this tier list is great, except... why is donkey king mid tier? i agree with all of it except for that lol. and i think mewtwo's better than bowser

Laijin

Smash Hero
this tier list is great, except... why is donkey king mid tier? i agree with all of it except for that lol. and i think mewtwo's better than bowser
DK is not all that amazing. Young Link even absolutely destroys him. He gets rocked by literally everyone above him as well except maybe CF. Mewtwo is pretty horrid. He should be below Kirby and Pichu in my opinion.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jiggs loses to Young Link(like, 8-2), who is low tier. Jiggs should not be higher than the characters who don't lose to YL(Except Falco. That guy kinda has trouble with YL too. Its like a 4.5-5.5 in Falco's favor).
So? Jigglypuff loses to Pikachu also. But Jigglypuff can beat the better characters in the game like Fox and Falco.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Jiggs loses to Young Link(like, 8-2), who is low tier. Jiggs should not be higher than the characters who don't lose to YL(Except Falco. That guy kinda has trouble with YL too. Its like a 4.5-5.5 in Falco's favor).
Baaaaad logic D=

That is just a character-specific counter, you can't place tiers based on one matchup. Swords > Jigglypuff no matter what (unless it's Roy)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Jigglypuff does not lose to Pikachu or Young Link, they are just better matchups than what one would naïvely think just looking at the tier list difference between them. The more experience I have against Pikachu especially do I really believe this is an exaggerated matchup.

D20

Smash Lord
Young Link does well against Jigglypuff. However, since Jigglypuff has solid matchups against high/top tier, I think Jigglypuff is fine where she is. I also think the Pikachu/Jigglypuff match-up is exaggerated... but whatever. The problem with these 'low tier vs. high tier' match-ups is the lack of data. It is also extremely rare for both players in these match-ups to be considered among the best. Sure, there are a couple examples... but many are outdated - Specifically, Caveman's Young Link against Krazy Jones' Peach. These matches lead some of the community to believe that Young Link absolutely destroys Peach. However, one has to remember that these matches are ancient (relative to smash's history) and Krazy Jones had no experience with the match-up. The metagame has progressed very far since GS2. While the match-up still might be a bit difficult for Peach, I highly doubt that any Young Link player in the world could beat a Peach like Vidjo's in a set.

At anyrate, it would be fun to see more of these 'low tier vs. high tier' match-ups between top players in tournament situations.

D

Deleted member

KJ was fine vs young link, he just lost.

I watched chu beat vidjo YL vs peach on the weekend of anime USA a few weeks ago.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
jigglypuff also loses to mewtwo. did you guys know that?

i watched taj vs king live 8)
I played Taj's Mewtwo...after the first few rounds I got destroyed. :(

I am fairly certain that YL has at least a slight advantage in the matchup. I'm not convinced that Pika does.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
jiggs does not lose to mewtwo, you are crazy. Jiggs just has to camp bairs, which king doesn't do enough.

wow @ mango, jiggs is clearly top of high tier. She is infinitely more useful for winning major tourneys than any character in mid tier, not even close. Never make that comparison again or I am going to hack melee and next time we fight I am just going to make fox's up smash take up the entire screen and do 116 damage and break your shield if you try to block it.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
KJ was fine vs young link, he just lost.

I watched chu beat vidjo YL vs peach on the weekend of anime USA a few weeks ago.
Chu dats young link is fucccckking crazy, he should start maining youlink instead of those mountain guys.

jiggs does not lose to mewtwo, you are crazy. Jiggs just has to camp bairs, which king doesn't do enough.

wow @ mango, jiggs is clearly top of high tier. She is infinitely more useful for winning major tourneys than any character in mid tier, not even close. Never make that comparison again or I am going to hack melee and next time we fight I am just going to make fox's up smash take up the entire screen and do 116 damage and break your shield if you try to block it.
you don't need to hack, your fox basically fourstocked mango on corneria that one match.....
just do that everytime

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i dont get who this is the final tier list for melee.

is melee over or something?

falcon mainers are gonna get sexier and sexier and

**** everyone. mango was right

falcon should have a 11.0 just for pure sexy manliness

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't like the fact that this is the final melee tier list either. We try hard to keep Melee alive, and calling this list the "Final Melee Tier List" makes it harder for us. It gives the impression that people are already calling it quits with Melee, especially since it's the "SBR Official" Tier list. Melee is still really popular, especially here in Canada. If the SBRoom wants to move on to brawl, then at least allow the Melee Discussion room or something build their own tier list in the future. Melee is a deep game, and the charaters will continue to rise and fall. Sure, not as drastic as it once did, but it'll change none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom