• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cropcircles

Smash Rookie
luigi is too imba to be low tier.
satisfied with samus' placement, she's just where she always deserved to be. close to high, not in high, and over most mids aka top of mid.
samus is the love of my life

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
luigi is too imba to be low tier.
satisfied with samus' placement, she's just where she always deserved to be. close to high, not in high, and over most mids aka top of mid.
samus is the love of my life
then why do you main jiggs

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
MMM...Dammit Luigi! Go back to being broken in low tier tourneys! Mario: You should be higher than your current position, but the back room knows best! I guess..

JRokOO

Smash Cadet
I know this is a lot of pages back, but I just saw this topic yesterday.
Concerning this :

lol sheik is definitely 1, the back room based too much off tourney results, and only counted the US results over mostly the past year which had a lot of me and PC fighting

in Europe, Sheik is the best by FAR, while in Japan, Sheik/Fox dominate (and bomb soldier although it was a while ago)
Why not make different use of the number system and make ''two'' tier lists in one, let me explain :

This is the tier list that you guys made, which is really good by the way.

This is the final tier list for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Completed October 2008. Approved by M3D. All values are conclusive and finalized.

Better Than Top
Captain Falcon's Sexy Manliness 11.0

Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Sheik 9.7
Falco 9.2

High
Peach 8.4
Captain Falcon 8.0
Jigglypuff 8.0
Ice Climbers 7.9

Middle
Samus 6.8
Dr. Mario 6.2
Ganondorf 6.0
Luigi 5.8
Donkey Kong 5.4
Mario 5.3

Low
Link 4.7
Pikachu 4.3
Young Link 4.2
Roy 3.6
Zelda 3.0
Game and Watch 3.0

Bottom
Ness 2.5
Yoshi 2.5
Bowser 2.2
Mewtwo 1.8
Kirby 1.5
Pichu 1.2
So, I'll use the M2K example to make my point clear.
The numbers would represent what they represent now and the character position would be the character potential / matchup chart.

The tier list would look like this (correct me if I'm wrong) :

Sheik 9.7
Fox 9.9
Marth 9.9
Falco 9.2

This is of course just an idea I had, being a long time lurker I decided to throw it out here. Thanks for your time and please comment.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Im glad the list got updated and that marth and captain falcon's sexy manliness are more acurate.

and theres actually a secret 12.0 rank of marths sword.
because marth holds it back from its true potential.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I agree with Silhouette lol

Falcon's knee and Marth's Sword are the 2 most deadliest things in the game lol

This is M2k's Tier list

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=45227470

Sheik is crazy good in Europe because they all play PALS XD or at least most of them do. Marth has no true spike, Fox's Usmash has a lot less knockback, and Falco doesn't have a true spike in the sex kick of his Dair (how Falco's Dair is in SSBB). Sheik was the only one who wasn't nerfed as badly as the others.

Fletch

Smash Master
Sheik is crazy good in Europe because they all play PALS XD or at least most of them do. Marth has no true spike, Fox's Usmash has a lot less knockback, and Falco doesn't have a true spike in the sex kick of his Dair (how Falco's Dair is in SSBB). Sheik was the only one who wasn't nerfed as badly as the others.
She was still hit pretty hard with the change in DI in her d-throw and her u-air being weakened though. Just thought I'd mention that.

Fletch

Smash Master
Didn't know about the rest lol and I've never played PALS so I just went off what others said XD
Well the u-air change isn't horrible (kind of makes it a worse matchup against chars like Peach), but the change to allow other characters to DI her downthrow changes her matchups quite a bit I'm guessing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nhsfNrDkc

You can see the difference around 0:32. Sorry I couldn't find a better video.

Fletch

Smash Master
uair combos into another uair or fair
Yes, which is why it isn't as big of a deal, but at typical kill percents it no longer serves that function. This hurts the matchup with Peach, where Sheik normally kills her vertically.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Thank you for that, I wanted to say that myself. =P

Wait... really?
Ive been out of the loop from the smash community for awhile. But I seem to remember weeks of **** talk between Kage and some US players.
It eventually lead to a MM between Chaddd and Kage. Chaddd was acting all chill and confident. Kage and the Kage supporters still talken a whole lotta crap.

Chaddd whopped Kage in the MM... like bad.
What was it? 3stock or four? It might have been only a decisive two stock, it was over a year agao I think.
Anyways, as I remember Kage continued to get his *** whopped in friendlies.
However, it was reported that, in person, Kage was really a great guy. A fun person to play around.
But on the interweb, aparently he feels like his ego is always on the line when people dong give Canada proper rep.

Some of the details may be hazy, but the point is, when you talk a whole lotta ****, but all your talk on one match, and then are humbled, dont come back as if the whole thing never happened.
True, you can claim the john of being in bad form that day. But not this time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wait... really?
Ive been out of the loop from the smash community for awhile. But I seem to remember weeks of **** talk between Kage and some US players.
It eventually lead to a MM between Chaddd and Kage. Chaddd was acting all chill and confident. Kage and the Kage supporters still talken a whole lotta crap.

Chaddd whopped Kage in the MM... like bad.
What was it? 3stock or four? It might have been only a decisive two stock, it was over a year agao I think.
Anyways, as I remember Kage continued to get his *** whopped in friendlies.
However, it was reported that, in person, Kage was really a great guy. A fun person to play around.
But on the interweb, aparently he feels like his ego is always on the line when people dong give Canada proper rep.

Some of the details may be hazy, but the point is, when you talk a whole lotta ****, but all your talk on one match, and then are humbled, dont come back as if the whole thing never happened.
True, you can claim the john of being in bad form that day. But not this time.
All this is quite wrong actually... if you weren't there and saw the matches yourself then don't claim that you know what happened in the matches. I can honestly say at Pound 3 yes I got 4 stocked by Chaddd. But we did some friendlies at GA and it was even... enough said. And we never MMed.

Rat

Smash Lord
The only change that should be made is to rename the tiers.

Middle (used to be High)
Low (used to be middle)

The rest of the characters should be thrown into the Not Tournament Worthy (i.e. garbage) Tier. (Or two tiers, Bad and Terrible)

I think the separation between tiers is much more than their names suggest. The Middle Tier might have average strength in terms of all characters, but they are barely viable for tournament play.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
No, we're still working on Episode 2... almost done with it though. Promise. So fucking late, I know.
Is SDM still doing anything with it?
The only change that should be made is to rename the tiers.

Middle (used to be High)
Low (used to be middle)

The rest of the characters should be thrown into the Not Tournament Worthy (i.e. garbage) Tier. (Or two tiers, Bad and Terrible)

I think the separation between tiers is much more than their names suggest. The Middle Tier might have average strength in terms of all characters, but they are barely viable for tournament play.
Are you serious? That would lead to more hatred of the tier list by newbs. It's better for them to learn on their own (IF they learned on their own) why some characters struggle in tournies rather then being told that some characters are trash.

God. I wish their was a Melee hack project for balancing Bottom-lower mid-tier characters (and other stuff like making ALL downward-angle sending attacks Spikes and Meteors and making Sheik's down-throw like PAL).

Fletch

Smash Master
Is SDM still doing anything with it?

Are you serious? That would lead to more hatred of the tier list by newbs. It's better for them to learn on their own (IF they learned on their own) why some characters struggle in tournies rather then being told that some characters are trash.

God. I wish their was a Melee hack project for balancing Bottom-lower mid-tier characters (and other stuff like making ALL downward-angle sending attacks Spikes and Meteors and making Sheik's down-throw like PAL).
What? How can you make them both spikes and meteors? You mean change all true spikes to Meteors?

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I think Link should definitely be raised in the tier list, although it is final and set. That UP-B is way too good.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well the u-air change isn't horrible (kind of makes it a worse matchup against chars like Peach), but the change to allow other characters to DI her downthrow changes her matchups quite a bit I'm guessing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nhsfNrDkc

You can see the difference around 0:32. Sorry I couldn't find a better video.
That's a pretty big change, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom