• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Young Link is the cutest little kid ever.
GTFO rest of the game.
Dude come on. That ****s illegal and most places punish to the full extent of the law in these situations. Little boys just arent my thing.
pichu slow walk for top tier.
Agreed. Its incredibly cute. Unbeatable.
are you guys really talking about cute without mentioning Bowser.

For shame.
Im surprised gimpy hasnt come in and corrected the manner yet. hmmm. lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jiggs matchups don't warrant her being in top tier. Mango being good with her doesn't mean she's top tier.
but otg
the SBR tier list is determined by tournament placing, not matchups, which would make sense.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i didnt bother to read the thread...

IMO jiggz should be top tier, right under marth and fox
LOL. No. Jiggs doesn't even deserve being in top tier, she's high tier for sure but she's no lower than her current spot and no higher than the top of high tier.

His grab range sucks, he has no priority, and his recovery is terribad.

I still think he is better than Peach, although not by much.

Jiggs is not a bad character, she deserves 5th place, she is not Falco, Fox, Marth or Sheik, but she is very close to being on their level, she has consistent range, a great recovery, decent combos, and if the situation occurs instant death at almost any percent, from even some of the smallest mistakes.
You forgot to mention Falcon's terrible approach consisting of raptor boost and nair.

'Fro

Smash Lord
no way, samus is so much better than ganon and doc lol
That's true, but she's not as good as the characters above her. I think she's right where she needs to be. She's at a disadvantage to most of the characters above her, with Peach and ICs being the exceptions. She also doesn't dominate the lower end of the cast enought o merit high tier.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You forgot to mention Falcon's terrible approach consisting of raptor boost and nair.
Cuz he never dashdances, runs up and shields, jumps past and bairs, does passing dairs, uairs on the landing from the back side, GRABS.

Despite all that, he seems to have no problem being ranked high tier and comboing the **** out of just about every character.

hmmm go figure

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Cuz he never dashdances, runs up and shields, jumps past and bairs, does passing dairs, uairs on the landing from the back side, GRABS.

Despite all that, he seems to have no problem being ranked high tier and comboing the **** out of just about every character.

hmmm go figure
First of all...every character can dashdance and run up to shields. Most of the other stuff you mentioned are low priority approaches that really only work if your opponent isn't attacking you back. Running up to your opponent and jumping past them to do a bair? ROFL, that might work if they're suffering from the lag of a missed fsmash or something but otherwise, that's ********. Same thing with reverse uairs, that's absolutely stupid and you don't do that as an approach, especially when your opponent is ready to counter your approach. The only really viable one you listed was the passing dairs, but even that's risky seeing how it can be shieldgrabbed or mostly any other attack from your opponent will prevent you from passing through.

Second of all, when I said "nairs and raptor boost", I was obviously exaggerating, but the whole point of the message was that Falcon's approach is limited. You can keep arguing all you want but it's not going to change the fact that it's limited, especially when you're facing characters like Marth and Falco.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Every character can dashdance and shield but noone can dash as fast as falcon.

Also his nair is easy to space and that makes it hard to beat except with **** like marths anything or spacie utilt

Also I'd like to hear how you can shieldgrab a passing dair considering falcon jumps almost half the length of FD from a running jump.

Falcon doesn't even have to approach ffs the only characters in this game that should be approaching matchup details notwithstanding are fox and falco.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Every character can dashdance and shield but noone can dash as fast as falcon.

Also his nair is easy to space and that makes it hard to beat except with **** like marths anything or spacie utilt

Also I'd like to hear how you can shieldgrab a passing dair considering falcon jumps almost half the length of FD from a running jump.

Falcon doesn't even have to approach ffs the only characters in this game that should be approaching matchup details notwithstanding are fox and falco.
I already said his nair was good. But how does the height of Falcon's jump have anything to do with how well his dair is? Also, if you really think that Fox and Falco are the only characters Falcon needs to approach at all, then that's pathetic.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Uh I didn't say height.

Ok ready? Go to FD. Then dash. Then do a short hop. Notice how far he goes.

Also I meant in the game period not in terms of matchup. Fox and Falco are the only characters in the game period that should be approaching is what I said. Everyone else just camps and waits for mistakes and that's a fact except for **** like marth v sheik where sheik just camps marth and marth tries to do things to her.

But sheik camping marth like that and being able to **** when he does get up to her is why she wins. Melee isn't about approaching like 95% of the time.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Even if falcons primary approaches are raptor boost and nair that doesnt mean that the other ones dont have their place.

Everyone can dash dance, everyone cant DD like falcon.

Falcon has an amazing grab game as well. Dont you think im aware of the fact that every character posess the ability to shield.

Yes things like bair and falling uairs work best on a not attacking or chasing opponent but falcon doesnt have to be played straight up. There are lots of things you can do to keep your opponent guessing, especially with falcons speed.

As far as jiggz u dont have the versatility that you do with falcon. Jiggz has some positives but the whole matchup is spacing and you kinda approach the same way. slow and with aerials.

Jiggz is good but I think falcon has alot more to his character offensively as far as mix ups.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
maybe because this is Smahs World Forums, the Melee discussion room (for people not noobish enough to settle with Brawl), and guess what, this thread is the tier list (tiers are for queers, amirite?). The fact that tourney ***s are here shouldn't surprise you.

anyway, it seems you guys are forgetting that falcon can start out with fairs and JC grabs (which can lead to CGs and Uair juggles) and dairs. And raptor boosts have their flaws, but what's wrong with nairs? they're fast and long range and have good priority, and most important of all they always link to combos easily. plus, falcon does have to approach, but not as often as you may think.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
maybe because this is Smahs World Forums, the Melee discussion room (for people not noobish enough to settle with Brawl), and guess what, this thread is the tier list (tiers are for queers, amirite?). The fact that tourney ***s are here shouldn't surprise you.
High, my name is handsockpuppet, and I am easily trolled.

Nair's aren't as amazing as you think. They have to be spaced and FF'd very well if you expect to do anything with them, it's not a move you can just run in and throw out. The fact is Falcon doesn't have a move he can just start throwing out and expect to be save like the Spacies' Nair, Marth and Sheik's Fair, Sheik's Dash Attack, Sheiks Dsmash, Sheiks Nair, Sheiks Dtilt......what was I talking about again? Right Falcon. He's not as good ash sheik.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
not that im disagreeing with you about falcons overall disadvantages but... all the moves you listed are unsafe unless you space and/or FF'd them really well, just like falcon's nair

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
High, my name is handsockpuppet, and I am easily trolled.

Nair's aren't as amazing as you think. They have to be spaced and FF'd very well if you expect to do anything with them, it's not a move you can just run in and throw out. The fact is Falcon doesn't have a move he can just start throwing out and expect to be save like the Spacies' Nair, Marth and Sheik's Fair, Sheik's Dash Attack, Sheiks Dsmash, Sheiks Nair, Sheiks Dtilt......what was I talking about again? Right Falcon. He's not as good ash sheik.
It's hard to tell the difference between noobs and trolls these days...

but anyway, I wasn't saying the nair was the be all end all move, and falcon certainly isn't Sheik, or Fox or Marth or Falco for that matter. Besides the top, not many characters have a move you can just throw out there, but Falcon isn't the worst at approaches.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

anyway, it seems you guys are forgetting that falcon can start out with fairs and JC grabs (which can lead to CGs and Uair juggles) and dairs. And raptor boosts have their flaws, but what's wrong with nairs? they're fast and long range and have good priority, and most important of all they always link to combos easily. plus, falcon does have to approach, but not as often as you may think.
ummm I dont think anyone forgot. I think ur just a day late a dollar short. And didnt read the previous posts.

Most all of falcons approaches have been mentioned recently, even some of the backup mindgamey ones.

The knee is a terrible approach. But a great finisher.

Ever notice that its often the last hit in the combo no the first?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mid tier category is already green. Luigi is categorized under mid tier. Therefore, he is categories under the green category, which associates him with green.

So no.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Dam I know this couldnt be that complicated. but I still dont know WTf is goin on lol

Luigi is mid tier and colors dont matter. Except his outfit is green idk/idc if that means anything.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Format on detailed list is as follows:
# Character (character placements) - points - previous rank #
Lime means the character moved up in rank
Red means the character moved down in rank
Cyan means the character was previously unranked
Green means the character is Luigi

Tournament Reference List is here:
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/tournaments2.txt
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/tournaments-2009-1.txt
http://theviashino.com/ssbb/tournaments-2009-2.txt

S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario, Marth
B: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Falco, Kirby, Pit, Pikachu, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic
C: Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Zelda/Sheik, Fox, Wolf, Lucas
D: Yoshi, Ness
E: Ike, Jigglypuff, Link, Ganondorf, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon

DETAILS
S Rank «Uber» 38.00%
1 :metaknight: Meta Knight (73 top8, 48 top4, 38 top2,40 wins) - 1678.7
2 :snake: Snake (60 top8, 39 top4, 15 top2, 22 wins) - 803.3

A Rank «Overused» 23.96%
3 :dedede: King Dedede (24 top8, 17 top4, 13 top2, 10 wins) - 471.8
4 :diddy: Diddy Kong (37 top8, 20 top4, 8 top2, 9 wins) - 409.7
5 :wario: Wario (27 top8, 18 top4, 13 top2, 5 wins) - 378.5
6 :marth: Marth (31 top8, 14 top4, 7 top2, 9 wins) - 305.0

B Rank «Standard» 28.60%
7 :popo: Ice Climbers (16 top8, 8 top4, 7 top2, 5 wins) - 187.4 - 9
8 :gw: Mr. Game & Watch (27 top8, 14 top4, 5 top2, 2 wins) - 184.5 - 7
9 :rob: ROB (22 top8, 10 top4, 6 top2) - 178.8 - 8
10 :falco: Falco (32 top8, 19 top4, 4 top2, 3 wins) - 171.7
11 :kirby2: Kirby (16 top8, 9 top4, 3 top2, 5 wins) - 155.4
12 :pit: Pit (15 top8, 9 top4, 3 wins) - 155.2 - 21
13 :pikachu2: Pikachu (8 top8, 5 top4, 3 top2, 4 wins) -139.1
14 :zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus (13 top8, 4 top4, 3 top2, 3 wins) - 131.9 - 12
15 :lucario: Lucario (17 top8, 12 top4, 2 top2, 4 wins) - 129.4
16 :olimar: Olimar (19 top8, 9 top4, 4 top2, 2 wins) - 125.1 - 17
17 :dk2: Donkey Kong (12 top8, 6 top4, 3 top2, 3 wins) - 112.4 - 16
18 :pt: Pokémon Trainer (2 top8, 1 top4, 5 top2, 2 wins) - 99.4
19 :sonic: Sonic (11 top8, 4 top4, 4 top2, 3 wins) - 97.5

C Rank «Borderline» 7.35%
20 :luigi2: Luigi (12 top8, 5 top4, 1 top2, 4 wins) -89.8 - 14
21 :peach: Peach (11 top8, 8 top4, 3 top2, 2 wins) - 87.5 - 23
22 :toonlink: Toon Link (12 top8, 5 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 77.7
23 :zelda: Zelda/Sheik (10 top8, 4 top4, 1 win) - 67.7 - 25 :shiek:
24 :fox: Fox (16 top8, 4 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 61.0
25 :wolf: Wolf (18 top8, 6 top4, 5 top2, 1 win) - 49.7 - 26
26 :lucas: Lucas (7 top8, 2 top4, 3 top2, 1 win) - 46,8 - 20

D Rank «Underused» 1.31%
27 :yoshi2: Yoshi (6 top8, 6 top4, 1 win) - 37.7
28 :ness2: Ness (4 top8, 1 top2, 1 win) - 26.4

E Rank «Never Used» 0.21%
29 :ike: Ike (3 top8, 1 top4, 1 top2, 2 wins) - 18.6
30 :jigglypuff: Jigglypuff (2 top8, 1 top4, 1 win) - 16.3 - 31
31 :link2: Link (5 top8, 2 top4, 1 top2) - 13.3 - 32
32 :ganondorf: Ganondorf (1 top8, 2 top4) - 10.6 - 30
33 :mario2: Mario (6 top8, 1 top4) - 4.9
34 :bowser2: Bowser (4 top8) - 4.4
35 :samus2: Samus (3 top8) - 3.1
36 :falcon: Captain Falcon (4 top8) - 1.1
from the brawl character rankings.

he's just commenting that Luigi's name isn't in the green font in our tier list, which of course is stupid and a waste of time. no moar discussion of this pl0x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom