• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Marth is actually better in PAL than in NTSC.
Since Fox can't shine combo him this MU is in Marth's favor (except for some cp stages).
He might be better comparatively to other characters but Id take NTSC marth vs pal marth in a ditto and **** him.

Pal marth sucks

Tero.

Smash Champion
He might be better comparatively to other characters but Id take NTSC marth vs pal marth in a ditto and **** him.

Pal marth sucks
Well that's for sure. But since we're not playing PAL *insert character*vs NTSC *insert character* it doesn't matter.

But Marth in PAL does still better against other PAL chars than Marth in NTSC against other NTSC Chars.

And don't tell me anything about harder MU's against Peach/Samus/Floaties.

Marth ***** Samus anyway.

And about Peach: You have a MU that's slightly worse than the MU in NTSC but therefore you do way better against Fox and Sheik the most used characters in tournament play. And you still **** Peach, so who the **** cares?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@HSPuppet I guess I must have missed the most elaborate post that says the cant be compared. Its easy to compare the same character to itself with specific differences, maybe a bit harder when comparing to the rest of the cast ie tier list placement but w/e.

Ppl seem to care about the pal version difference right now because Genesis is gonna **** and its speculation as to who the ooc mofos will perform.

Instead of suggesting a switch in topic, why dont u just provide a new topic since ppl are so easily distracted.

@.Tero, Marth is tied for the best with fox on the tier list. The few problems he does face in this game, can be solved with cping or with good spacing and smart play.

Im saying that with a meteor for a dair he loses all sorts of options that end in dair. Plus being lighter isnt good for surviving. They no longer are those sure kills that NTSC can rely on. I dont know if this is true but someone did say that marth was 4th on your tier list. Is this true?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
are the japanease coming to genesis?
Seeing how many of them quit and / or switched to Brawl, I wouldn't expect too many, but I still anticipate at least a few of them coming down (Masashi? CJ? Maybe BS if he recovered from all the **** he received last time he was down here lolol).

And on a side note, who is widely considered the best character in PAL Melee?

Tero.

Smash Champion
And on a side note, who is widely considered the best character in PAL Melee?

We don't hava a character which is considered as the best.
PAL Tier List says Sheik, but that's because of Amsahs victories in the past.

It's a tie between Fox, Sheik and Marth.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
are the japanease coming to genesis?
Last time I checked there was only a chinese entrant, but none from Japan. I dont think that many of the Japanese, or any for that matter will attend. I wasnt around during the time that the Japanese played but from what I saw [not judging off youtube lol] and heard, they werent very good at melee.
Its a very very outdated tier list btw, i wouldnt read much into it
Good call then. Ours just got updated not too long ago anyway so I can see why the pal one may be outdated.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Im happy marths so high
when melee first came out they would give me crap about playing with marth
saying roy was the cooler one of the two and marth was aweak and a girl
they all laughed at me
yall laughed at me!
look who's laughing now..
hehe..
anyway..

yup

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Im happy marths so high
when melee first came out they would give me crap about playing with marth
saying roy was the cooler one of the two and marth was aweak and a girl
they all laughed at me
yall laughed at me!
look who's laughing now..
hehe..
anyway..

yup
That's because they were too busy staring at his monstrous dong to notice that his sword is the equivalent of a paper sheet.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Fox is clearly the best character in the game in a overall view.
If every character had stats, Fox would be overall good at every stat.
Recovery. Speed. Damage per average combo. Best moves..etc etc.
He is good at everything.

Marth and Sheik are good at everything as well, but Fox is better at more things than them.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Fox is clearly the best character in the game in a overall view.
If every character had stats, Fox would be overall good at every stat.
Recovery. Speed. Damage per average combo. Best moves..etc etc.
He is good at everything.

Marth and Sheik are good at everything as well, but Fox is better at more things than them.
Um...recovery? I mean, Fox's recovery goes a significant distance, but it's one of the most predictable recoveries in the game. Even more so than Sheik's recovery and Marth's recovery.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Um...recovery? I mean, Fox's recovery goes a significant distance, but it's one of the most predictable recoveries in the game. Even more so than Sheik's recovery and Marth's recovery.
No way. Marth's recovery is far more predictable than Fox's. I did'nt say Fox's recovery was particularly better than Marth and Sheik(Although it is better than Marth's). It is better than majority of the game. Saying Fox does not have good recovery is like saying Kirby and Pichu are not the worst characters in the game.

Fox has the best, and I say they are the best because it is difficult to dispute otherwise:
Projectile.
Best single attack(Shine).

Fox is really really good at:
Recovering.
Comboing.
Killing.
Damaging.
Chain Throwing
Camping.
Pretty much whatever the **** you want to do with Fox, he is good at it.
That is my point.

Your not going to do a very good job by camping with say Marth. :|
Sheik is also well balanced all around. But she Fox is better than her at everything she is good at except in a couple of areas.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
IMO, Fox's recovery is "better", but is really easy to punish (I do edgeguard practice half-asleep vs. cpu foxes).

Marth's recovery is "bad", but is harder to punish (side-b protects itself to a degree, and up-b has good "range" and priority)

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
no marth is better than fox soley becuase marth beats fox on more MLG legal stages.

and match up wise shiek is definitely the best overall.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Fox's recovery is very bad. It goes far but he is extremely vulnerable while starting his up b.

soap

Smash Hero
false, samus recovery gets ***** pretty hard nowadays.

invincibility frames go through everyones upb btw.

nobody is safe

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I like what I saw the other day about the top 4 vs one another, it went like this.

Falco > fox
Fox > sheik
Sheik > marth
marth > falco.

falco = sheik and fox = marth.

Basically, each of the top 4 has 1 advantageous matchup and 1 disadvantageous matchup, and one pretty even matchup by each of the other 3.

This was stated a few pages back and didnt really recieve any feedback which i thought was strange so im restating, what do people think of this comparison?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
mewtwo should be ranked higher
We will go there later lol. I know hes better than ppl think but if more ppl dont play him in tourney and do well then might as well stop saying it. Only you! can raise m2 on the tier list.
Totaly agree about his up+B but a few characters have moves outside of the up+B. Fox is not that predicatable if played correctly and has all the options when coming back to the stage. Shines side b, 2nd jump, wall jump, shortened side b, instant cancel side b, and hella angles and wall hugging and wall techs/jumptechs.

Its a good recovery set and sheer distances its also good.

Parts of it can be predictable but thats usually when fox is at much higher percents and probably has done more damage to you. Everyone doesnt have tools to fully edgeguard foxs recovery set.

As far as fox being better, Id disagree. I think marth trades speed for range, psuedo chain throws and ability to completely control the stage.

He is less combo able, and I feel has a bigger arsenal for gimping vs fpx and the shine.

So I just think they are about even, and just are played differently.

Oracle

Smash Master
I wouldn't say that fox=marth. Marth gets huge stage advantage on 3/5 randoms, always has CG's, and ridiculously easy gimps

also, this thread has the invisible page glitch going

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont think that id say that marth is better than fox. but I wouldnt say fox is better than marth either.

I just think they are the best two character with a few differences and some strong strengths and a few shortcomings compared to eachother.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I like what I saw the other day about the top 4 vs one another, it went like this.

Falco > fox
Fox > sheik
Sheik > marth
marth > falco.

falco = sheik and fox = marth.

Basically, each of the top 4 has 1 advantageous matchup and 1 disadvantageous matchup, and one pretty even matchup by each of the other 3.

This was stated a few pages back and didnt really recieve any feedback which i thought was strange so im restating, what do people think of this comparison?
No that is not true because you are forgetting about the other characters as well. I'd say Ganon > Marth for example too.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
gannon doesnt beat marth.

idc if you are the best gannon in the absence of better gannons.

and the top 4 is like this:

Fox>Shiek(or even)
Shiek>Marth
Marth>Fox(or even)
Falco>Fox(or even)
Falco>Shiek(or even)
Marth>Falco

and all those match ups are no worse than 55/45 save for marth/falco(stage dependent) and shiek/marth.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Very constructive posting.. NOT. Ganon beats Marth end of story. =) In short, Marth can barely combo Ganon with proper DI. Ganon can outspace Marth. Ganon can easily edgeguard Marth, the other way around is somewhat true. Ganon has ridiculous combos out of throws on Marth 50% combos garanteed at low %.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Very constructive posting.. NOT. Ganon beats Marth end of story. =) In short, Marth can barely combo Ganon with proper DI. Ganon can outspace Marth. Ganon can easily edgeguard Marth, the other way around is somewhat true. Ganon has ridiculous combos out of throws on Marth 50% combos garanteed at low %.
haha Marth can combo the **** out of Ganon, regardless of DI properties, the whole entire match-up is entirely dependent on spacing, in which can Marth has an advantage, however, Ganon can easily gimp out Marth along with edge-guarding him easily. It's a 45-50 match-up in Marth's favor.

Not trying to go against you Kage. I love you man. <33333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom