• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
A Ness played well is extremely impressive.

I've watched AngryLobster (Probably the best Ness) play in person and I can tell you that he is above of the rest in bottom tier.

Atleast IMO

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus/Agate is a good friend of me and imamthemicrowave. I met him through hearing him talk about Shined Blind in a dining court during his Purdue freshman semester xD. After he got introduced to the smash community here, Microwave got to know him.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Yes unfortunately maus transferred to GIT after I got to purdue, but I got to know him pretty well from hearing people here talk about him and over facebook/aim lol. he talks about you and other GIT smashers mr xif, you guys sound legit.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
tiers are pointless lol

all that matters are matchups, its dumb to rank characters on a general scale of how "good" they could be
A tier list is really a summary of the matchup chart, taking into account character representation... it's not easy to derive it with a quick look at the matchup chart, so I think having a tier list definitely has value.

If you're going to argue that a tier list is unnecessary then you should probably also argue that a matchup chart is.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ahh its happening! the theoretical arguments are taking over my brain! must...resist...lack of evidence...its all subjective...noooooooooooooooo

i wont post in this topic lol, its all opinionated and too subjective to actually warrant discussion. thats why the arguing never ends, because theres no proof on either side!! that alone speaks volumes on how pointless this topic is.

also lol @ all the people who are trying to create arguments by example. you know what an example proves? not a gosh darned thing!(my roommates math prof always says this haha)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the main point of the list is because people want to know who is betteer than who. who is the best who is the worse and etc.

All I want to know is why kirby ever when up in the first place the last change to his metgame changed was when they figured out how to wavedash. Kirby should have never when any higher afterr like 2003 or so. Some may say the same for pichu but not really up-B stuff has changed and i've discovered random near useless stuff like peach/zedla can't grab a jabbing pichu he is way to low to grab. so he can pressure their sheilds.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
How about we stop caring about Pichu and Kirby? Completely. It doesn't matter how atrocious your grammar is ICG, no-one's ever going to care about Pichu. Because the character doesn't matter. Neither does Kirby.

Right, next. How come Falcon became suddenly universally agreed as worse then Peach? Armada? I mean, I always agreed with this, but is that why? Because before, it fluctuated a lot between who was better.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Sorry but I don't stop or quit because I could easily be in the mist of my goal when I quit and I inspire myself so much. I the next tier will have pichu at the bottom again for 1 of a few reasons
1.they really believe kirby is better
2.somehow kirby's metagame inproves(least likely)
3.they want to p*** me off and they give pichu a new level of bottom tier(most likly)

Even after that I will keep going. I program myself I don't stop without one heck of a reason. If kirby is better it's not by much and it will still be pretty hard to say who is better. It's not like compareing falcon to sheik or anything. But yeah sorry I won't ever stop. Because I care about people forget this topic onto the next one.

I don't know but yeah when you think about it falcon is higher repped than peach and i've heard of more falcons placeing high plus his combos and knee are pretty deadly.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Instead of butchering the English language debating over two characters that nobody really cares about, get out there and represent Pichu in tournaments, that's the only way to prove a point.

Otherwise, save your energy.

Pichu is better than Kirby, but he's still the second-worse in the entire game, and always will be.

Vegard

Smash Lord
lol this is stupid. Do I really need to quote Mango on this?

"The tier list should just show the crappy ones and say 'these chars suck' "

who ****ing care about bottom tiers??

strawhats

Smash Master
A Ness played well is extremely impressive.

I've watched AngryLobster (Probably the best Ness) play in person and I can tell you that he is above of the rest in bottom tier.

Atleast IMO
yeah...simna was a monster with Ness, Ness is good in the right hands.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If I'm good enough reletive to everyone else, I'm gonna win anyway, anybody is good "in the right hands".
Do both hands have to be able to snap(my I can only snap with one hand)? If not i might sig that.

Really the mind for top tier and also S*** tier if you understand.

But ness isn't best of bottom tier or even the best DJCer I just think the only ones have more tools, better recoverys, and more solid combos.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
she's got a projectile... better edgeguarding, better recovery, harder to combo, etc the list goes on
Nah, those are just inherent traits. They're a bit arbitrary in determining the overall quality of a character.

It's in the match-ups.

Peach gets ***** less hard in bad MU's than Falcon does.

Falcon vs Sheik for example compared to Peach's worse MU being like against Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom