• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL NJ-Central SUNDAY BI-WEEKLIES - Central NJ, 4/20

PRiDE

Smash Lord
brandon - must say no to mk! ugh SHaME

yehs! - yay you did what I brought you to do! lol to bad my plan also backfired. eff wolf yoshi isnt retiring! he's just gonna get some rest during some tourn matches..

culo - eff mk . . . gg's

keitaro - link yoshi team is broken so is Rock - and btw i thought that that rock paper scissor MM was best out of 3! rock is soo top teir

CuLo

Smash Cadet
The tourn host took from the pot, without noting before we got there.

He said he took 20 percent, but when I did the math, it seemed to be much more. Tried to justify it with food, and drinks, but myself, nor anyone I asked was offered said outright. I don't mind, at all, if people take from the pot, so long as it's advertised.

This makes me mad, considering I helped run the tourn in the beginning, and velocity wound up running it after round 2 since the host messed up royally by leaving 3 people out.

2/5.

It went quickly, and thanks to me/velocity, the tourn continued at a regular pace. The host was a nice person, albeit one girl that was at the house was mocking the players. Needless to explain to those there why rebuttal was NOT necessary.

gg to all I played.

yehs- you're getting too good at reading. You don't need fancy tricks to kill people, you just read and punish. Solid as Snake has ever been.
Velocity- ahh, ****ing cornaria. ub kills?
m2k- noooo johns! XD
Culo- ggs. You have to practice the ditto.
PRiDE- It's funny how you were beating yehs' snake all morn, then he takes 3rd with it. Pick up meta, shame or not.
Keitaro- You do not have to be in every conversation! /POSES!

sorry if I didn't mention you, it's late.
Hold on a second bucko. 20% of 180 is 36 dollars. I bought 10 bottles of soda each priced at 2 bucks and some change. Your shot at me "trying" to justify the cut disappoints me, as I've generally ignored half of the houses claims of you being disliked for your "arrogant" nature. I chose to see the solid guy in you instead. I admit my failure to note the house cut, but it was in no way attempt to profit.

You helped me by teaching me how to use the software of ur recommendation. I apreciate that, but I'm alarmed with your statement of me screwing up "royally" as u so eloquently put it, considering that you're the one who failed to mention that a special bracket had to b selected. all u told me was: "just add everyone and click generate bracket"

I also must take away unwarranted credit you've given yourself. the tourney didn't continue smoothly after that error thanks to you. when I asked u what should b done, all you did was shrug and b indifferent. It was thanks to Velocity and that one other guy who took the initiative to rewrite the bracket and include the other three and finish it by hand. you just sat there. the credit goes to them, not you.

I'll pardon these blatant signs of arrogance in my belief that ur still a solid guy. as for everyone else, I couldnt have asked for better people to host my first tourney for. you all were great sports. see u all in two weeks.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wish I stayed, wish I entered. Next time I will :D

Btw, good stuff at hosting the tourney Culo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hold on a second bucko. 20% of 180 is 36 dollars. I bought 10 bottles of soda each priced at 2 bucks and some change. Your shot at me "trying" to justify the cut disappoints me, as I've generally ignored half of the houses claims of you being disliked for your "arrogant" nature. I chose to see the solid guy in you instead. I admit my failure to note the house cut, but it was in no way attempt to profit.

You helped me by teaching me how to use the software of ur recommendation. I apreciate that, but I'm alarmed with your statement of me screwing up "royally" as u so eloquently put it, considering that you're the one who failed to mention that a special bracket had to b selected. all u told me was: "just add everyone and click generate bracket"

I also must take away unwarranted credit you've given yourself. the tourney didn't continue smoothly after that error thanks to you. when I asked u what should b done, all you did was shrug and b indifferent. It was thanks to Velocity and that one other guy who took the initiative to rewrite the bracket and include the other three and finish it by hand. you just sat there. the credit goes to them, not you.

I'll pardon these blatant signs of arrogance in my belief that ur still a solid guy. as for everyone else, I couldnt have asked for better people to host my first tourney for. you all were great sports. see u all in two weeks.
its typical of diem... and dont listen to him about how to run a tourney lol. he doesn't even know the real advantages of using tio (the tourney program u were using). me or velocity will hook u up like we saved everything from the mess up lol.

good stuff for ur first tourney though by all means, especially for one at a house. normally tourneys at houses don't run that nice.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Lol I forgot to mention in my post that I thought the host did a good job and the house was very comfortable and breezy, I didn't sweat once. Nice couches. Yeah there were errors, but it happens it ran pretty well after words. DM shame shame on being so negative!!! someones getting a Yoshi egg on his bed!

CuLo

Smash Cadet
oh, forgot to say... MewTwoKing, it was my console that you saved the replay on. AIM: CuuLo

this tourney had a turnout of 19 people. Not bad for a first event in the Central area.
apologies for lack of doubles, there will be doubles in the next one.

the next bi-weekly will be held at an actual venue. its a small internet lounge that is owned by a good friend of mine. they sell inexpensive beverages, and a pizza parlor is literally right next door. its even easier to get to than my house, as its only one turn off route 1.

I will advertise the hell out of this one, and if the turnout proves greater, will make it the official venue for NJCentral Bi-Weeklies.

there are three couches and more than enough seats, as well as computers to go online with while u wait for ur next match.

BUM163

Smash Lord
remember this wednesday and thursday, if u hate playin brawl online cuz of the delay and if u have bad connection the lag, web2zone will be having an afterwork/school special for brawl. i start work at 6. if u go around 3pm post it and i can go to work early and train wit whoever. just post if u able to go this week.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
oh, forgot to say... MewTwoKing, it was my console that you saved the replay on. AIM: CuuLo

this tourney had a turnout of 19 people. Not bad for a first event in the Central area.
apologies for lack of doubles, there will be doubles in the next one.

the next bi-weekly will be held at an actual venue. its a small internet lounge that is owned by a good friend of mine. they sell inexpensive beverages, and a pizza parlor is literally right next door. its even easier to get to than my house, as its only one turn off route 1.

I will advertise the hell out of this one, and if the turnout proves greater, will make it the official venue for NJCentral Bi-Weeklies.

there are three couches and more than enough seats, as well as computers to go online with while u wait for ur next match.
That's cool dude but don't forget rutgers has weeklies every friday so you should come to those too :)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Hold on a second bucko. 20% of 180 is 36 dollars.
this tourney had a turnout of 19 people.
19 people, 180 dollars. :X

That's what I came up with.

Even then, I'm not saying you shouldn't get anything, but you need to tell people. You can't just take, you know? I'll trust your word on saying you weren't trying to profit, becuase reall,y what's 20 bucks gonna do? the thing that bugged me, was even if it was 180 - 36, that's still 144. Yehs only got 10. I don't think he cares all that much, but it irked me.

I bought 10 bottles of soda each priced at 2 bucks and some change. Your shot at me "trying" to justify the cut disappoints me. I admit my failure to note the house cut, but it was in no way attempt to profit.
I didn't see it anywhere, and nor did anyone I asked. I'm not attacking, I'm confused. If you did provide it, that's awesome of you.

I also called matches out, made sure the tourn was moving along, had the nuetrals set on the TVs, help two people set up names (they didn't know how...) after you told them repeatedly "later later." missing three people in a bracket is a huge mistake. Albeit I'll give them some of the blame, since they didn't speak up until second round.

Sorry I didn't walk you through the entire process. But I did show you the program, and get you off of one that would have ****ed you hard, man. I also showed you have to seed by crew, and get the sation manager running.

I was tired, and didn't explain myself. I meant the tourn, overall. It WAS thanks to me and velocity the tourn went smoothly. Everyone hits bumps, dude, and it's your first tourn. You should have seen the feedback on my first smash tourn. Christ.

But yeah, don't forget, I also helped with the stage rules, and whatnot. I wasn't going to say anything, but I also PM'd some people in this thread, telling them to chill. I've been trying to help sice I've seen this thread.

I think you're a cool guy, but all in all, I don't care if you feel the same about me. I don't care if I'm arrogant. In fact, I admit it regularly. Although, I doubt, highly that I'm the only arrogant one. Everyone who goes to a tourn with people they've never seen is going to expect to win. I just don't care about other people knowing it. Why should I have to be something I'm not? To impress some other people with how nice I am? That's not that competitions are for. If you wanna see how nice and cool I am, let's go have a picnic. I'm a pretty good chef, and I'll make some Creme Brulee! :D

its typical of diem... and dont listen to him about how to run a tourney lol. he doesn't even know the real advantages of using tio (the tourney program u were using). me or velocity will hook u up like we saved everything from the mess up lol.
Don't talk like I'm not here, asshat. But seriously, I think you're the first person to act like a tio elitist. It's close to funny. And it's funny, after you tried to show that I'm a ****, you threw your name in there real quick.

Everytime we meet, you always have something negative to say before I can even open my mouth. It's blatantly clear you think you are better than me. When we finally meet in tourn, I hope you are. I'm going to enjoy tearing that mediocre ROB of yours right to pieces. ^_^

As a final note: I'm not trying to scare anyone away, in fact, I want MORE people to come. I'm not attacking anyone one here (Cept chibo) I'm just harshly trying to fix the few (yet, kinda serious lol) problems. The tourn host was a grateful, charismatic person, and I do look forward to his more seniored tournaments. Next time, why not do a 1 dollar house fee? Make everyone payy 11 dollars, and keep one for the house per person.

It generally works better.

Anyone who brings a setup, that gets used, would be waved, though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i never said im better than u, however i cant help but not ignore everything u post on the forums. and also, iv been running tournies a while longer than u have, and you don't even know how to seed by pools as proved by your 2nd tourney i attended, however thankfully inui was able to fix everything.

i also dont appreciate how greatly you underestimate myself and my friends, id like to see u 3 stock mexi. and everything in life cant just be settled with a money match. im not one to say iv been around for that long as im still fairly new, but seriously, youve only been active in the community for all of like 3 months. dont act like you run the show.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait so, did i actually get screwed like dm said or did you just buy 20 extra bottles of soda

i don't think that should be taken out of the pot, but rather, the entrance free for every person (maybe 1 dollar extra to enter), cuz that means that the winner of the tourney (or winners of it) is going to be the only ones to lose that money. Think about it, that's really not fair at all.

Also Cuulo get on aim and send me the match I saved.

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Heheh. There were drinks provided for the event on the kitchen sink area. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever saw you back there.

Mew2king had some, as did a lot of others help themselves to the plastic cups I laid out before it.

Sorry about the confusion, as the cut only came as a last minute ditch effort to have something since one of the 24 confirmed were bringing two white castle crave cases and sodas, they ended up not going.

The next event will have a smaller percentage going to the new venue.

And DM, I would love to try your creme brulee! :lick:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
wait a sec... I want some creme brulee... and a picnic..

Cia

das kwl
19 people, 180 dollars. :X

That's what I came up with.

Even then, I'm not saying you shouldn't get anything, but you need to tell people. You can't just take, you know? I'll trust your word on saying you weren't trying to profit, becuase reall,y what's 20 bucks gonna do? the thing that bugged me, was even if it was 180 - 36, that's still 144. Yehs only got 10. I don't think he cares all that much, but it irked me.

I didn't see it anywhere, and nor did anyone I asked. I'm not attacking, I'm confused. If you did provide it, that's awesome of you.

I also called matches out, made sure the tourn was moving along, had the nuetrals set on the TVs, help two people set up names (they didn't know how...) after you told them repeatedly "later later." missing three people in a bracket is a huge mistake. Albeit I'll give them some of the blame, since they didn't speak up until second round.

Sorry I didn't walk you through the entire process. But I did show you the program, and get you off of one that would have ****ed you hard, man. I also showed you have to seed by crew, and get the sation manager running.

I was tired, and didn't explain myself. I meant the tourn, overall. It WAS thanks to me and velocity the tourn went smoothly. Everyone hits bumps, dude, and it's your first tourn. You should have seen the feedback on my first smash tourn. Christ.

But yeah, don't forget, I also helped with the stage rules, and whatnot. I wasn't going to say anything, but I also PM'd some people in this thread, telling them to chill. I've been trying to help sice I've seen this thread.

I think you're a cool guy, but all in all, I don't care if you feel the same about me. I don't care if I'm arrogant. In fact, I admit it regularly. Although, I doubt, highly that I'm the only arrogant one. Everyone who goes to a tourn with people they've never seen is going to expect to win. I just don't care about other people knowing it. Why should I have to be something I'm not? To impress some other people with how nice I am? That's not that competitions are for. If you wanna see how nice and cool I am, let's go have a picnic. I'm a pretty good chef, and I'll make some Creme Brulee! :D

Don't talk like I'm not here, asshat. But seriously, I think you're the first person to act like a tio elitist. It's close to funny. And it's funny, after you tried to show that I'm a ****, you threw your name in there real quick.

Everytime we meet, you always have something negative to say before I can even open my mouth. It's blatantly clear you think you are better than me. When we finally meet in tourn, I hope you are. I'm going to enjoy tearing that mediocre ROB of yours right to pieces. ^_^

As a final note: I'm not trying to scare anyone away, in fact, I want MORE people to come. I'm not attacking anyone one here (Cept chibo) I'm just harshly trying to fix the few (yet, kinda serious lol) problems. The tourn host was a grateful, charismatic person, and I do look forward to his more seniored tournaments. Next time, why not do a 1 dollar house fee? Make everyone payy 11 dollars, and keep one for the house per person.

It generally works better.

Anyone who brings a setup, that gets used, would be waved, though.
LOL.. a picnic

i'm good at melee

i'm good at brawl

do i sound arrogant..

perhaps..

do i care??

YES!!

everyone is attacking me w/ their thoughts and i'm so self conscious as it is T_T

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i never said im better than u, however i cant help but not ignore everything u post on the forums. and also, iv been running tournies a while longer than u have, and you don't even know how to seed by pools as proved by your 2nd tourney i attended, however thankfully inui was able to fix everything.

i also dont appreciate how greatly you underestimate myself and my friends, id like to see u 3 stock mexi. and everything in life cant just be settled with a money match. im not one to say iv been around for that long as im still fairly new, but seriously, youve only been active in the community for all of like 3 months. dont act like you run the show.
Brandon was one of the better players in NJ in Melee at one point, so he's actually been around for a while. He's also putting forth a lot of effort to host tournies, attend tournies, and become a top player. He's much higher in Brawl than you were in Melee and are currently in Brawl.

Just thought I'd let you know, Chibo. Brandon's not a newbie. He only wins because he plays MetaKnight.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Bad news, chief. I've been hosting and running tourns since I was 11. I have more in competitive games that I barely play, the games you dedicate your life to.

If I drop your name somewhere in the country, people with think I'm speaking another language, and walk away.

And I know very well how to seed, you dope. I was telling you to go away, because I was stressing time. We lost 3 setups, we had to think of something, and you were just in the way. If you noticed, the seeding was PERFECT. It was a textbook singles tourn, somethin I doubt you can claim. Just stop talking, man.

you mean doesnt win. dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
That's cold, bro. v_v;

It's 2-2. Next match is for most of the marbles.

Keitaro

Screw Velocity ;P I'm 1-1 with his *** cause he had no clue how to fight Falco, lol!!

@DM: You know I had to get into this conversation!......

Culo said:
Mew2king had some, as did a lot of others help themselves to the plastic cups I laid out before it.
But that can't be used for the argument cause M2K would have taken the soda without it being offered ;)

@Culo: Once again I'm sorry half the smash community can be arrogant when trying to help but you really need to show how much you take away from the pot on the first page. People on the boards will feel like they are getting their money stolen when in actuality they are stealing the money from Culo's innocent friends who just entered the tourney scene!! That's why I didn't enter :bee: YOU BASTAAADDSS *Runs away crying*

CuLo

Smash Cadet
thanks keitaro. and yes, I realized the importance of noting the cut halfway through the event when people started asking why the pot was smaller than it should have been.

hope you all forgive me for that. will make up for it in the next event with a very pleasant surprise. *cough (dm's creme brûlée) cough*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry it took a while, but here's the bracket and results:

It was IMPOSSIBLE to get this thing back in Tia. There's absolute no way it can be done, but this is good enough for now. I got the whole winners bracket workin in Tia, but the losers bracket got messed up or vice versa bla I dunno!

1. Mew2King
2. Velocity
3. Yes
4. DmBrAnDoN
5. ChiboSempai
5. Culo

I don't feel like calculating it past that lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Drama's so awesome! Let's see how I can get in on this....DAMMIT KEITARO!

new beef created get at me son! xD

Keitaro

Chibo that is awesome but it sucks ballz that I can't get it on allisbrawl.com.

YES! is too good and does something special in brackets for every tourney he goes too :D

PRiDE

Smash Lord
spish. yesh aint nothing special.... hahah jk YEHS is awesome ! and yeh he alway seems to get himself to the end the of the brackets. weird..

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
you should've come inui...too many noob pits pushing B not knowing what else to do...so annoying...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
roflmao

I cry every time I see a Pit that isn't mine because I've never seen another good one. Too bad I try to avoid using Pit in singles now.

Top Bottom