• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NYC Challenge Topic

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Well put X. I agree I don;t even care about winning I just like all you guys and like chillin with you. Playing smash is like a bonus lol. I DARN SOMEONE TO CHALLENGE ME TO ....ummm.... invisble or lightning melee lol. Just for ****s n giggles.

'Oh no pikachu... please don't sue!'

Kengoshinakuma

Smash Journeyman
Suicide Fox: I'll take you up on that lightning melee challenge if you ever make it down to MD :chuckle:

DA peeps that are going to TG. Check out my TG Smash Fest thread. We were hoping you might be able to make it. Its before BIN too, good practice.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by the_suicide_fox
Well put X. I agree I don;t even care about winning I just like all you guys and like chillin with you. Playing smash is like a bonus lol. I DARN SOMEONE TO CHALLENGE ME TO ....ummm.... invisble or lightning melee lol. Just for ****s n giggles.

'Oh no pikachu... please don't sue!'

yea.i don't know how everyone else feels, but this is just my input.to win is also a bonus 2.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
well guys I will probably not be attending BIN now cause of personal issues that just happened yesterday. My chances now of going are pretty low, dont ask me if u can have my spot either cause im not giving it up unless im 100% sure that im not attending. So sad that it has to be like this, call me if anything.

Dave

youngd

Smash Apprentice
sup all sorry to intrude but i would like to know who and how many people from NY is going to TG5 i hear yall are real good and it would be nice to see some of yall there :chuckle:

X Japan

Smash Lord
anyway :rolleyes:. its 1 week until BIN and a whole lot of smashfests are going to be happening this weekend and through out the whole week next week so if anyine wants to get up on this **** or going to be holding one ur self TELL SOMEBODY QUICK!!!!!!!!

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
4 days and counting I hope all NYC Smashers take the top spots for BIN. WE CANT LET ANOTHER STATE TAKE A TOP SPOT UNLESS ITS MASS ;) But Of course NYC needs to be on top.

Dave

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
YO WHO WON THE TOURNEY!!! I HOPE AN NYCer TOOK IT. Reply asap or hit me up on aim, I cant stop thinking about bin and who won.

Dave, **** I WISH I WAS FREAKING THERE!!!! :o well ill go to the next florida tourney *sigh*:o

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
where are the female smashers at

Phillybilly and I were discussing this at the BIN tourney. We notice how there isnt a single female at the BIN. There were girls there but they were just guest of the guys that were playing.

C'mon guys, wouldnt you want to know if some girls are good in this game in our huge smash communit

This is not really a challenge post or anything.....i just wanna know if there is any girls that play this game in nyc....i dont care ...u dont have to be really skilled or anything.......just post here if u play the game well at all.

thank you

heinybabee

Smash Apprentice
Female Smashers

I am training my baby sister in the ways of smash. She will be the next smash champ 2010!

Angel of Enders

Smash Cadet
lol @ Hein.

Hey Mike, philly or someone, whenever you want me to come down let me know. I really need to do something about the way I'm placing in these tournies. I mean I do my thing in Free-For-Alls and teams (Me & Raul = best team) but come 1 on 1 I end up lookin stupid. I wanna train so badly because all I seem to do is look like a bad player when I know **** well that I'm not. I don't really play much anymore because I'm tired of whooping cpu ***.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Hey A.o.E. you aren't that bad lol. You have a better than average Link and you are good on teams.
Anywho I want in on any smasfests coming up. This tourney has rejuvinated my love for the game and I want action! Although I do work a lot, I'm mostly free on weekends.
Hey Mike next time you and I are in the same room we MUST play. Even though I know you will whoop my *** b/c you use Peach and I use Fox, but that's ok. We need at least one match!
I'm working on my fox character for a logo and lots of other stuff. It's gonna be something like Kamaal's Luigi-wear but better lol. J/k Kamaal, you got a cool getup.
BIN5 ROXORED!!! I really wish Dave was there :( But don't worry Dave I have been working on my Falco skillz and I'm getting really good. I'll wear the Red jacket from now on to represent! Or I can do it in loving memory, you choose which sounds better.

Peace

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Well guys going to the florida tourney tomorrow to represent. I hope ill win it for you guys. And as for that Loving memory stuff suicide DONT GET TOO HAPPY DAVYBABY MIGHT BE RETURNING!!!!!! I spoke to my father for about 4 hours on the phone and we came to an agreement that i am willing to accept. Me + School + Job = living back in NYC. I think I can manage that but not too sure. I said ill think about it but im sure ill say yes by tomorrow so ill be in the city by next week :D.

FALCO IS COMING BACK! WOOT WOOT!!! SPREAD THE WORD OR JUST TELL CHRIS HE WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO. lol.

PS thanks guys for supporting me in the Florida topics its appreciated.

Dave

KrazyJones

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by IK_GOST
Well guys going to the florida tourney tomorrow to represent. I hope ill win it for you guys. And as for that Loving memory stuff suicide DONT GET TOO HAPPY DAVYBABY MIGHT BE RETURNING!!!!!! I spoke to my father for about 4 hours on the phone and we came to an agreement that i am willing to accept. Me + School + Job = living back in NYC. I think I can manage that but not too sure. I said ill think about it but im sure ill say yes by tomorrow so ill be in the city by next week :D.

FALCO IS COMING BACK! WOOT WOOT!!! SPREAD THE WORD OR JUST TELL CHRIS HE WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO. lol.

PS thanks guys for supporting me in the Florida topics its appreciated.

Dave

Good now u won't miss the national. Plus i need a good falcox to beat up on so bring it son muaha* bowswer ownz*

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
My last post was pointless. It turns out my dad was just pulling my finger. I wont be returning to NYC :( but its all good ill just **** the smashers down here for my fellow New Yorkers.

Just cause im not in the city doesnt mean Imma let this topic die fellas. WERE THE SMASHFESTS AT? Hold 1 b4 the Nykers go to TG so they can get as much practice as they can. SMASHFEST July 31st, JULY 31st SMASHFEST!!! Someone now just needs to say were its gonna be held. Who will host this outstanding smashfest? Thats the question. bum bum bum!!!

*waits for philly to post something*

Dave

X Japan

Smash Lord
don't worry dave i'll try to keep this topic alive evern if i have to go to my friend's house everyday(my PC is curreatly out of order).hope u place 1st at the Fl.tourney.

EDIT: AOE well i'll try to hold something at my house this friday or the weekend.u don't suck on 1v1 u able to get me down too a stock or 2.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Yo whos going to the SNL from NYC ?? just curious now that they date has been changed from the 15-17 to the 16th -17th 2 day event now. Nicer place more TV's.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
Yo whos going to the SNL from NYC ?? just curious now that they date has been changed from the 15-17 to the 16th -17th 2 day event now. Nicer place more TV's.
No need to worry, on the 15th we will be setting up and stuff after we done we can play some smash for the rest of the day or do our grude match for those who already arive and help out. But to get this place mean i got to pay more $$$ but everything is already there and they got a big as screen projector with cams and stuff. All u people need to do is registar and let the fun begin...

This time im reping Bowser for sho u guys out there better watch out especially peach players :chuckle: itll be like oldschool bowser always beat peach and put her in the casle. Anyway im practicing my *** off so i can be place in the final 8 brackets.

This tourny gona rock especially when im getting that place.:crazy:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
DCSS #2

Just wanted to challenge you NYC smashers to come down for DCSS #2 in September. Last time we had 43 players and not only would I like to get it up over 60 for the next one, I'd like to up the competition as well.

Now, I know most of you are scared of H2YL, but I assure you there are a ton of other smashers down here who also could whup your butts if you give them a chance.

Smash-talking aside, the last one was a huge success and I think the addition of the NYC and NJ peeps would add an extra level of sweet to the mix. There will be cool prizes and I'm working on getting Chik-Fil-A and GameStop to help sponsor so this one will be bigger and better than the original.

More details will be posted as they're available in the DCSS #2 Thread.

HAPPY SMASHING!

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
I dout any DA members will attend cause we will be traveling pretty far for some crappy prize (PS2 and a gameboy) So unless u change the rules and make it that there is money involved in the prize I dout any NYC people will attend. We are attending the Live or Die tourney hosted by Jtanic so if anything see u there.

Dave

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Evil Peach... tournament is going to be in Clinton, MD. That's just outside Washington DC, to the south. There will be more details posted in the "DC Super Smash #2" thread. Check there from time to time for updates.

As for the prizes, they are going to be bigger and better this time around, but we're not going with cash prizes. Sorry if that means the DA guys won't make it but that's how it's gonna be.

The prizes will be even better though, so check the thread and see what I post up there. I might make it worth your while to come down.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
why no cash prizes? Im just curious. With cash i can buy a PS2 or watever and have money left for a new pair of sneakers. I dont understand were the money goes.

dave

heinybabee

Smash Apprentice
WUZAHH!!

the greatest D.A. roadtrip will be taking place next week. we need as much practice will cali rules and stuff.

strawberrylover

Smash Cadet
hey, this is ryan, a link user, was at BIN, and i met wes, kamaal, and mike g at the last jersey tourney. just wanted to wish you guys good luck at tg, the tri-state area is counting on you
:D

kinda surprised that kamaal's not going, was hoping to see a crazy wavedashing luigi in the next tg dvd. anyways, i know u guys got mad skill, as i was able to play both wes and mike g, so im sure you guys will do well
btw, cello, know its kinda late, but thanks for hosting the tourney, it was great

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
why no cash prizes? Im just curious. With cash i can buy a PS2 or watever and have money left for a new pair of sneakers. I dont understand were the money goes.

dave
Just as MMMD has said time and time again, he can't, exactly. It's at a church, so it's not going to be big on giving away cash as a prize. They hosted his last one for free and helped supply the resources, so that's pretty generous. As for where the money goes, it was mostly for prizes, and also a donation to the church's youth fund. Check the old DCSS thread for more on those subjects.

-Kamaal has a pretty bad burn injury and can't play, so he's not going to TG5, or playing, at least. He might make it to H2YL's tourney, or SNL depending on his health.

Floater

Smash Rookie
hey dave

i finished the wallpaper and have sent it to you! Plus I want to challenge Black Samus! I beat the NJ team a couple days ago and their samus is wack! I can only get better if I face you!

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
By NJ team I hope you mean non-Code Red people lol. Cuz you know we would own you floater!! Hmmm.. MD tourny. kinda late to sign up and I have plans but it would be interesting to go. And Dave it's not all about the benjamins :p. Plus if you want cash just sell the PS2 on ebay with an extra controller(you can buy one for 20) and you'll make like 200-300 dollars! So in a way its a check, but you have to know where to cash it ;).

X Japan

Smash Lord
well right now i'm hoping for something to happen soon tourney wise in NY maybe sometime in late Aug. my Link skills are lacking.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Yo Bluchu I heard you started to train with a new character. I won't say his name, but I told kamaal I was training with the same one! Dude we should train together. And I also wanna do some Fox vs Ness Matches ;).

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
hey impacmaque or whatever your name is (no offense meant i'm just being lazy right now)

i accept your challenge...

get in contact with me on AIM
my screen name is No1000xs

Eagleeyes

Smash Rookie
Could I get some info on this anime thing at the end of august that has a smash tourney as part of the event. It was mentioned in the SNL thread by mike g and cello, but no specifics were given. Can someone provide the where and when?

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
Heh....I guess some people gotta' learn the hard way.......;)

Anyways, I heard you were the best Marth Player at BIN. Man, I wish I could've gone and whoop all the other Marth's @$$es....Well, I'll contact you through AIM, I actually saw you on my buddy list earlier and didn't know who you were. Do you have any friends? I'll beat your entire crew if I have too. :)

Eagleeyes

Smash Rookie
Thanks for that link cello. It sounds like they're just gonna have a spot for playing smash, but no tournament.

Top Bottom