• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NYC Challenge Topic

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
SMASHFEST!!!

Im guessing when he went with the light bill reference im sure Blaine meant no video games(yes, they use electricity) whatsoever and not the lights alone. If you leave all the lights in the house on all the time for the whole month it wont get to 1000 so its probably multiple TV's and game consoles being on at the same time + the computer.

I think I can have a smashfest in my house. Since.... I stacked both of my beds on top of eachother theres alot of room since the last time bulb came. Im pretty sure I can hold 3-6 people comfortably. Bad thing is only one tv and its a 13'. If you guys dont mind doing a round robin...

Invites(in ABC order)...
Dark Bulb<--->Seen you, your ok
DireVulcan<--->Seen you, your ok
Strata RaZoR><><Haven't seen you, don't make a bad impression
X Japan<--->Seen you, your ok

Im not gonna say the date as of now but I just want everyone to read this so maybe you can agree on a day rather than me telling you the day. Tuesday the 24th or Saturday the 28th <---the only days where Im not workings. More details as soon as I see more posts. And I can support one extra tv and gamecube/smashbros copy if anyone is willing to bring them.

Jagger02

Smash Apprentice
anyone live in lower manhattan and wanna have a fight maybe play often and get better at the game. I live in NJ right across the GWB and I only got one friend that I smash with. He now acts like a f*cker and plays ****ty on purpose. And with a partner like that, it's impossible to get any better.
So if anyone live in Lower manh, or even in NJ leave me a message. Oh and my Aim sn is: jagwarrior01

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Heh...

It seems the better the N.Y. smasher you are, the less in connection you are with the rest of them.

Looks like some people just stick to thier own little circle of preferrable players.

Like some of the top N.Y. players -_-

What has happened to N.Y.C. smashing....

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Originally posted by SilvenswordsmanX
Forget it. No1 will be coming anywayz
Oh yeah Silven, here's why.

"Invites(in ABC order)...
Dark Bulb<--->Seen you, your ok
DireVulcan<--->Seen you, your ok
Strata RaZoR><><Haven't seen you, don't make a bad impression
X Japan<--->Seen you, your ok"

*whispers* Ya came on a bit too strong.

;)

Chaos Knight

Smash Rookie
I live in Brooklyn I go to Manhattan almost everyday, the only problem is that my GC is ****ed up so I can't play Smash at all unless I go to friends who have it. On the other hand I haven't gotten any worse in the game at all & the last time I played was 2 months ago. I can still give a good asswhipping to many people around who dare challenge me so let me know if there's an available place we can play nearby & I'll be there.

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Well, its not hard to hold a "smashfest" at my house. I can easily schedule it again actually but seeing as tomorrow is friday and some people dont check smashboards everyday I can make it sometime next week as long as people "say something" this time and tell me ahead of time if your gonna be coming.

Jagger02

Smash Apprentice
I actually live right across the GWB but to the NJ side. I'm from jersey. And I was mostly aiming my proposal to NY smashers because it's easier to find directions and stuff in nyc and every place is almost linked by a train in NY. NJ on the other hand, I tell by personal experience is very hard to get around unless u know the area well enuff.

And silver, where exactly do u live ?and if it's a date that wont interfere with my work days than i could probly go to ur smashfest.

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
hey I want to play some new faces outside of the DA "circle"...

i'm only available on mondays and tuesdays right now due to work..

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
:( Well...a full fledged smashfest isn't an option because I know nobody will show up, so screw that. Good luck in college...you know who you are.

Philly, I would fight you on a tuesday or w\e but you blocked me on AIM. So ya know, if you could unblock me...

OrcOfDoom

Smash Rookie
My sister, her roommates and I get together often to play SSBM at her place. Her roommate has a 30" TV with s-video. 4 player matches are great. We've never been in any competitions but we love to play ...

We're in lower Manhattan right now, but I'm moving back to queens soon, just a hop away though.

If anyone wants to play, let me know ... PM/Email or aim me at Shaaaaaaawn ... that's 7 a's

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest

Yo a smashfest sounds good to me... I can attend one or have at my apartment on sunday. The good news is I live alone so we there are no parents making u guys leave early or **** like that... bad news is im kinda poor... so i only have 2 TVs, one which the color is ****ed up and its only green and purple, the other one burns out every 30 minutes and needs tot ake a 5 minute break, lol.... so if u guys want to start a fest at my house ur gonna need to bring TVs.... I can a few of T.I. to come... Someone Sees is D.A. is intrested.... My house can hold about 30 peoples... so if u guys want to do it, post back and we can set something up. I live in Yonkers btw, u can train it from NYC, or 45 minute drive from NJ probably.

Chaos Knight

Smash Rookie
Well I can make it to any place around NY, sorry about not being able to answer sooner I've been going through some Ex-g/f issues but now I'm good to go, let me know asap ok dudes? my aim name is LilDarknight

X Japan

Smash Lord
Re: Smashfest

Originally posted by Tetra
Yo a smashfest sounds good to me... I can attend one or have at my apartment on sunday. The good news is I live alone so we there are no parents making u guys leave early or **** like that... bad news is im kinda poor... so i only have 2 TVs, one which the color is ****ed up and its only green and purple, the other one burns out every 30 minutes and needs tot ake a 5 minute break, lol.... so if u guys want to start a fest at my house ur gonna need to bring TVs.... I can a few of T.I. to come... Someone Sees is D.A. is intrested.... My house can hold about 30 peoples... so if u guys want to do it, post back and we can set something up. I live in Yonkers btw, u can train it from NYC, or 45 minute drive from NJ probably.
I may go, but it depends on if there's going to be some DDR and/or 3rd Strike. If not I'm not sure of coming.

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Okay than... Sunday it is, my place 13 Burhans Ave... Yonkers New York, 10701, go to map Quest for Directions... people should start comming around 12ish. Bring any TVs, Gamebubes, and Copies of Melee that u can. If we have enough peeps, we can run a lil tourney. any Questions IM me on Aim Finalfantasyvii or Email me. Thanks alot kiddies.

X Japan

Smash Lord
u didn't answer my question. is there going to be some DDR or/and Street Fighter 3rd Stirke?

i really really need to know.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
get busy...

Yo, since most of you look like you need challenges, you guys should start getting together and practice for the upcoming MLG event at Boston. I'm not close to any DA members, and they've been MIA since TG, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna go to this event, especially with the promise of at least 2K if even half the number of people that showed up to TG6 comes. I mean, I'm a casual gamer, and definitely support NYC smashing all the way, so we really need some good representation from NYC at this MLG tourney. We gotta show them what the best city in the world can contribute to the smash community, to those that don't already know. I've had it WC and VA people winning major tourneys left and right (even though I give them all crazy props for being the best at their sport at those given days), and I need to see somebody from NYC take home a big prize. I know that DA members have repped NYC in the various EC V-Games regionals, and I'm rooting for them on the finals, but we need more people. I'm trying to make an appearance at Team Ben's event (hopefully to see some NYC or DA players), and if all works out well, I'll be at the MLG Boston thing, doing what I can for NYC. I mean, I'm far from the best out there, but I'm practicing whenever I get the chance, the same way that I know most of you are doing. So practice hard, NYC, and hopefully I'll get to see some of you at the various EC tourneys coming up...: )

PS. Hey Blaine, did you see the video of Daigo's ridiculous comeback against Justin's turtling Chun Li in EVO2004? That Ken was beastly. I'd like to see something like that happen in smash, where somebody comes back from a 3-stock deficit in a 4-stock match and take the match. It was ridiculous...

X Japan

Smash Lord
If u want to bring those games, we can play, lol i don't care.
i don't got them. i just ask do YOU have them. cuz i don'tfeel like playing smash all day.

Strata RaZoR - ya i've been seen that vid. i've been speading that vid like cancer all over the smash hub since it came out. it was pertty funney.

DA is not going to MLG Boston. since life and school happen. so sorry to bust ur bubble. this is a free win to anyone unless Krazyjones, Kriby-San, and the rest of there fam comes and H2YL.

Young Ic3

Smash Journeyman
To the DA members

Personally, I find Scav to be a dashing individual. Well if ya need sponsoring, i can get empire arcadia to sponsor ya if anything....And also, me and cloud aare taking care of rafi while he's down here. So were not making hese kid smashers use him for matches.

-1-

Young Ic3 4 Prez:o

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Re: To the DA members

Originally posted by Young Ic3
Personally, I find Scav to be a dashing individual. Well if ya need sponsoring, i can get empire arcadia to sponsor ya if anything....And also, me and cloud aare taking care of rafi while he's down here. So were not making hese kid smashers use him for matches.

-1-

...You ****ing idiot.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol...we planned something but it was S4C2...but its been cancelled now...so ..sorry guy >_>

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Re: To the DA members

Originally posted by Young Ic3
Thank you Scav!!! Well if ya need sponsoring, i can get empire arcadia to sponsor ya if anything....And also, me and cloud aare taking care of rafi while he's down here. So were not making hese kid smashers use him for matches.

-1-

HAHAHAHAHAH LOFL OMGWTF!!! STUPID!! What are you talking about?!?! It was kinda...a loong time ago and cancelled (chinese ppl)

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Okay than... Sunday it is, my place 13 Burhans Ave... Yonkers New York, 10701, go to map Quest for Directions... people should start comming around 12ish. Bring any TVs, Gamebubes, and Copies of Melee that u can. If we have enough peeps, we can run a lil tourney. any Questions IM me on Aim Finalfantasyvii or Email me. Thanks alot kiddies.
Exactly how do I get there by train. Im getting a student metrocard friday and I can pretty much go anywhere, for free so....If you don't mind answering...

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Silven: I actually don't know.... I live right near the station though, like yuo can walk from there... You could probably find outn online... but its gonna be the stop in yonkers At lockwood or tuckahoe road... If you still can't find it, I'll help you out.

GanondorftheXXVI

Smash Journeyman
NYC. This is &quot;THE PLACE,&quot; so why are the
Arghh... wish I could go... but I start school Monday. And I'll be out Saturday and come back home Sunday... dunno what time though. MAAAYBEEE 1/1000 chance I could come. I really want to, though... cause I knid of suck... need some serious schooling, and there are no tournies happening in NYC.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
We are talking about the MTA trains right, or else youre gonna have to explain some more. I heard DDR. If there is, some tips would be appreiciated ^_^. All smash can get repetative and like, you know, rollercoastery... yea

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Word, im from queens NY and ive never been or heard of any smashfests or tourneys. Ive never fought somebody better than me, ive only faced people that talked trash at school so i challenged them and beat them. I want to fight the best NYC has to offer to see how i stand up.

SilvenswordsmanX

Smash Ace
Dammit, Bulb has a point. You said yonkers...which obviously isn't a stop on the MTA. I think you better postpone this a while because it's like...I have no idea how to get there. Sunday sucks by the way....no free fare :(

(Your place sounds cool though, no parents.)

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys sorry, There is a familey problem at my house now... and I can't hold the smashfest. :( I'm really upset, but it can't be done now. I appologise to everyone who was planning on comming... and I'm sorry that it was such short notcie. Again Sorry.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I would've had a ton of homework to finish anyway. A convinience for me anyway at that. But if you ever plan again, at least some good instructions to get there would be good. I just have no clue where the **** yonkers is.

X Japan

Smash Lord
Well things in NY now a days seem not to good with smash and the bill thing over and done with i may hold little smashfest at my house on Thrusday from 3:00 - 5:45(i got college classes at 6:10) or it could be done on Sat from 12PM - 9PM(but i have to talk it out with my mom and i would have it for a little longer but i think my brothers would want their room back.). So its up to the ppl.

Top Bottom