• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Bare in mind this can ONLY be done on another King Dedede.
Maybe it can be done on those he already can standing infinite, but there would be no point to that since you can just do the infinite anywhere.
Hmm then I've never seen another DeDeDe getting Ledge Infinite Chaingrabbed. :(

CO18

Smash Hero
No, that's just Co abusing the moving platform on Smashville.
The Ledge infinite is only done on another Dededee at the edge of the stage.
I actually do the ledge infinite at 2:23 XD.

The platform infinite is just a few seconds later lol

DZLE

Smash Master
Hmm then I've never seen another DeDeDe getting Ledge Infinite Chaingrabbed. :(
In that.... video... you just .... linked to us.... and told us where it happens.... that was... another DDD ledge infiniting another DDD...

lol wut?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
In that.... video... you just .... linked to us.... and told us where it happens.... that was... another DDD ledge infiniting another DDD...

lol wut?
You didn't saw through my sarcasm didn't you..... :(

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Alright, so i was playing the other day VS a pro and he pwned my *** afcourse and he said i need to variate my moves more. I hardly use Inhale for some reason and i hardly use the Yet Hammer aswell. And i'm SO, SO SO predictable X_X Any tips?

At the ledge, i'm so predictable but it's hard to get back with DDD, at least i feel that it's hard. What can i do the best on the ledge?

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
Question...I know the DK matchup is like 8:2 in our favor, but what if we take away the infinite? I do not infinite and I always lose to good DKs. I just lost to a DK on FD after 2 below 50% stage spikes... Im a disgrace to DDD players everywhere. -__-

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you take away the infinite in the DK matchup, it's still like 60:40 in our favor. As big as his range is, ours is bigger. Also, we still have the normal chaingrab.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Question...I know the DK matchup is like 8:2 in our favor, but what if we take away the infinite? I do not infinite and I always lose to good DKs. I just lost to a DK on FD after 2 below 50% stage spikes... Im a disgrace to DDD players everywhere. -__-
Its not just because of the Infinite that DeDeDe ***** DK, DeDeDe can chaingrab DK in other ways than just the infinite.
We can chaingrab him normally and also the small step chaingrab on him (just like when you "infinite" Bowser) so lets just say if you get a grab its game over for DK.

Grab -> Move a bit -> Re-grab -> Repeat till he is at a pretty high percentage and just D-tilt him out of the small step CG and hes dead.

Louisdebou

Smash Cadet
Hi, i'm new to the D3's boards (maybe my secondary), i've some questions :

1) How do you the Infinite standing grab against Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK and Bowser ? Maybe Shield Cancel Grab ? Or juste mash the grab button ?

2) D3 is a good character choice against Snake, Marth, Peach and Lucario (i've some difficulties with my main against this characters) ?

3) How do you didn't miss the Dtilt at the end of CG near the edge ? I mash my A button (and down stick of course) but i miss this move often againste some character like ROB or Snake (Although the "Royal guide" says we can for Snake and ROB , i've a problem).

4) A friend who plays D3 as secondary use the C stick to do tilt (config options) instead of the A button. That's a good idea ? I think that's more effective for use the F tilt except this move i think a normal config is better.

Thanks !

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
1) How do you the Infinite standing grab against Mario, Luigi, Samus, DK and Bowser ? Maybe Shield Cancel Grab ? Or juste mash the grab button ?
You can't do the Infinite smashing the grab button, It needs timing you easily do it if you change the "X" button to grab.

2) D3 is a good character choice against Snake, Marth, Peach and Lucario (i've some difficulties with my main against this characters) ?
DeDeDe does well against all those characters especially Snake.

3) How do you didn't miss the Dtilt at the end of CG near the edge ? I mash my A button (and down stick of course) but i miss this move often againste some character like ROB or Snake (Although the "Royal guide" says we can for Snake and ROB , i've a problem).
Maybe you can't D-tilt Snake & R.O.B when you're CG'ing them off the edge.

4) A friend who plays D3 as secondary use the C stick to do tilt (config options) instead of the A button. That's a good idea ? I think that's more effective for use the F tilt except this move i think a normal config is better.
Leave the C-stick set to smashes, C-stick = Fast aerials.

Louisdebou

Smash Cadet
Thanks sMexy-blu for your quick answer !

So, when i want to do a infinite standing CG i just mash my X button (on my config, i set X to grab and no tap jump) ? I miss always against Bowser and DK for example, i do a walking small CG.

And for the C-stick, i use it always to do my aerial moves (except the Nair of course, i use A for this move).

Thanks

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
A question about Bair, should i use it constantly to space just like the Wolfs do with their Bair, or should i use it frequently and Shield more? I'm also having trouble getting back on the floor, they keep getting me in the air which is quite annoying. Any tips?

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Chileno: Watch my Dedede, and how I use back air. I use it to space most of the time, I guess, but I can't really tell you. Just watch a few.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215908

Getting back to the ground? It's still a matter of spacing, I think, and appropriately placed fast-fall'd air dodges. Again, I don't know. I do that instictively.
Someone else can give you a better response, probably.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Thanks sMexy-blu for your quick answer !

So, when i want to do a infinite standing CG i just mash my X button (on my config, i set X to grab and no tap jump) ?
No, No , NAW!! You don't smash it, if you do you'll end up shielding and screwing up your Infinite. Just try getting the timing for the Infinite its hard but its worthy.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Just a question, would a ''Critique my DDD'' thread be handy? I mean, alot of people want their DDD to be rated, so they can do it in that thread instead of making a new 1 for like vid. Good idea or not?

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
I can't test right now, but i wanted to know if we can only hit snake with Dtilt when we Dthrow on the stage, because i remember him moving too far off the stage to land a Dtilt. But I've seen people say he can be Dtilt from Chaingrab.

and if anyone could help me with the hitbox of the Utilt i'm having some problems landing it, I would like to figure out the best situations for it, thank you guys! ^^

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
Noobish question: :(

What's Dedede best kill moves? >__<

I'm kinda having trouble with killing. Everyone I play is expecting me too kill with Bair.

Please help a noobish Dedede. :chuckle:

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
Utilt kills most of the cast at around 110 snake bowser and Dedede around 120ish it's his best kill move knockback/speed wise. His Fsmash is good for mindgames but DON'T SPAM IT!! His Bair is really good for gimping over the edge after a chaingrab. His Dsmash is really good for people that roll around you, and your Dtilt has good knockback and comes out quick too, so you can edgeguard them. The best way to kill people as Dedede though, is gimping their recovery with Bair or Fair :D

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I want to know if we can hit snake with Dtilt when we Dthrow on the stage, because i remember him moving too far off the stage to land a Dtilt. But I've seen people say he can be Dtilt from Chaingrab.
No, We can't hit Snake with a D-tilt after a D-throw, he slides too far and we also can't hit him with D-tilt when were CG'ing him offstage.

Anyone could help me with the hitbox of the Utilt i'm having some problems landing it, I would like to figure out the best situations for it, thank you guys! ^^
Well most of the time I use U-tilt is when an opponent attacks me with a laggy attack, I spot dodge it and U-tilt after when hes on the ending lag frames or when an opponent is approaching from the air. You just have to wait for an opening to get the U-tilt kill.

What's Dedede best kill move? >__<
U-tilt, Fair & Bair.

A fresh U-tilt will probably kill all the cast at like 100% and 120% on the heavies.
CG'ing your opponent all the way to the edge of the stage and hitting them with a Fair when they fall through the stage will almost always connect.

And Bair its self explanatory.

DZLE

Smash Master
No, We can't hit Snake with a D-tilt after a D-throw, he slides too far and we also can't hit him with D-tilt when were CG'ing him offstage.

Well most of the time I use U-tilt is when an opponent attacks me with a laggy attack, I spot dodge it and U-tilt after when hes on the ending lag frames or when an opponent is approaching from the air. You just have to wait for an opening to get the U-tilt kill.

U-tilt, Fair & Bair.

A fresh U-tilt will probably kill all the cast at like 100% and 120% on the heavies.
CG'ing your opponent all the way to the edge of the stage and hitting them with a Fair when they fall through the stage will almost always connect.

And Bair its self explanatory.

Another little thing about the Utilt is there really isnt something we can just tell you and you can just get it everytime,
like the Nair it take a bit of practice and getting used to, like a new pair of tight pants.

DZLE

Smash Master
here is a good question,
what is the most embarrassing way to die with D3?
I think hitting your head in FD when trying to recover
or canceling up b to soon and missing the ledge because of it
I think the first time you UP B thinking that without cancelling it you will grab on, thats pretty hilarious.

Hitting your head for sure.

Getting PAWNCHED for the third stock by falcon. (its happened.)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
The most embarrassing way to die as DeDeDe is getting a Gordo reflected back at you ... it happened to me more than 3 times...

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Many a Super Dedede Jump had been cut short by a sudden arrest of vertical momentum in the form of a stage lip, much to my shame, in my early days. Not so much now.
Agreed on reflected Gordos. Being reversed Gordowned is humbling.
Also particularly embarrassing: Countered FSmash or J Hammah.

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
I have a question, what is ledge infinite, and ledge grabs? I can't find a video that is short enough for me to watch through a proxy >< if someone could just explain it, i'm sure i can figure it out. Just been confused because i can't see it on a video, and noone explains it.

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Three part question.
What is the best way for Dedede to deal with meta knight's tornado?
1a) Before it hits while on the ground?
1b) Before it hits while in the air?
2) While it hits?

TheGungnir

Smash Cadet
when it's coming towards you on the ground, you can eitiher do a well timed Utilt and hit him out of it, or if your shield isn't too low, you can hold it through the whole thing, by pushing your shield up and towards the metaknight.

when it's coming in the air fast fall + airdodge to the ground and hold your shield up, and just shielding the rest of it.

If you get hit by it, your best bet is to spam Bair i think, i don't think Dedede can D.I. out of it because he's heavy and large, but you might get a Bair off and kick him out of it :p

T3h Albino

Smash Master
So if my shield is already low then I'm basically helpless against meta knight's tornado?

Is there a way to counter someone who spams the tornado?
nope :/ sadly ive come to the conclusion that if your opponent spams tornado in a smart way there is not a **** thing you can do about it. I no longer play skilled mk's with d3 the matchup is just too hard
but if you can land a bair at the top of the tornado it will knock mk out a well spaced dair at the top will also do the trick.
GL with your metaknight spammer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom