• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Two questions:

1) What moves break MK's tornado?

2) Are there any improvements to DDD's "meta game" since September '08 or is all you do is grab grab grab as usual?

Jupz

Smash Master
I had a thread on moves, I should bump it :p

Umm

1. Utilt
Dmash
Dtilt
Pivot Grab
Inhale
Falling Bair
Fsmash
Usmash

Theres a few stuff. Check out smexys metagame thread. Or the new thread were were talking about the retreating pivot grab.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
In the unlikely chance that it becomes legal in most tourneys...How do you guys feel about DDD on Port Town?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
What stages are good for King Dedede?

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
So whenever I try to shield chain grab, rather than dash chain grab, the delay from shielding out of the dash gives my opponent time to roll away. Am I doing it wrong? I've been going for buffered dash ~> grab instead, since that seems to work more reliably.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
It's just a matter of practicing pressing shield and grab almost simultaneously...it'll be easy when you got the hang of it.

And good stages for King Dedede are these...
1.) Delfino Plaza
2.) Pokemon Stadium 1
3.) Rainbow Cruise
4.) Final Destination

The first three are King Dedede's best counterpicks (anybody can add any other necesary counterpicks). Always counterpick Rainbow Cruise against everyone except Meta Knight. So replace Rainbow Cruise as a counterpick for Pokemon Stadium 1 when you play against Meta Knight, because he's also good on Delfino Plaza.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
As C Beef said, it's practice. You gotta get used to Shield/A at the same time rather than Shield THEN A.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I think purple/blue/red (aka normal) is used the most, and retro the least.

*I think*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I think purple/blue/red (aka normal) is used the most, and retro the least.

*I think*
Pink is use quite a bit too.

But yeah, almost nobody uses Green Dedede or Black & White Dedede

rustyboy

Smash Rookie
I was just playing a level 9 computer charzard on Fd, and I used DDD's side B, but a bumper came out instead of a waddle dee. How does that work? There were no items on.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Grab releases are not guaranteed on Snake, only dtilt is. Still, it's better to edgeguard with bair than the other options.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I have a question about the Dtilt at the edge combo. I know it works on Snake but I dont get how to do it. I tried going straight to the edge and Dthrow followed by Dtilt immediately after but I always miss. Where do you have to be in relation to the edge for the Dtilt to hit? Also, if its a really specific spot, how is it that the pro DDD players are able to pull this off several times in a match? Are they just getting lucky in that the CG usually puts them in the correct position or is there a way to adjust the CG lengths?

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about the Dtilt at the edge combo. I know it works on Snake but I dont get how to do it. I tried going straight to the edge and Dthrow followed by Dtilt immediately after but I always miss. Where do you have to be in relation to the edge for the Dtilt to hit? Also, if its a really specific spot, how is it that the pro DDD players are able to pull this off several times in a match? Are they just getting lucky in that the CG usually puts them in the correct position or is there a way to adjust the CG lengths?
I believe the Down Throw>Down Tilt combo is NOT an issue of spacing or positioning, but one of timing. There's a certain point in the animation of the Down Throw when you can buffer a Down Tilt, which makes it come out faster than it normally would. I can't help you with the exact timing, though.
Hope that helps!

DZLE

Smash Master
Qwerty is right. Its a matter of buffering it at the right time, just try the dtilt a little earlier than you think, and it will come out and hit snake.

Vltava

Smash Rookie
Inhale works v. Snake to trigger his motion sensor mines (down smash) from a safe distance. However, if Inhale is held down, the mine explosion animation begins to loop and remains like so until 1. you stop Inhale or 2. Snake steps into the hitbox.

If this glitch/whatnot has been brought to attention before, could you be so kind as to link me? I doubt that any serious potential lies in this glitch since Snake takes the shaft anyways but King Dedede needs all the help he can get right now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like doing the mine glitch for the lulz. It sometimes surprises people who don't know about it. It's definitely not practical though.

Vltava

Smash Rookie
It rocks the entire screen lol

and no, inhale does not stop 'nades.

DZLE

Smash Master
**facepalm**

He is asking if the explosion from the mine, which is caused by the inhale, will stop grenades.
Such a complicated thing as this has to be tested by our most professional D3 players!

****, I am stuck at work til 9.

Promise to work on this, Fellas. gimme time.
If anyone gets more info on this before then, post it up!
This is starting to sound OP worthy *eyes shine*

Vltava

Smash Rookie
oops my misunderstanding.

Anyhow I assume the 'nade will trigger the mine, but I'm unsure of whether Inhale outranges the hit box of the 'nade (will test given time).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nair goes through Snake's mortars.

And yeah, generally it's a good aerial to use if your opponent is in front of you in the air (ie. out of bair range) and fair won't come out in time. To be honest, it's not really that useful of a move except for fastfalling it and randomly getting damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom