• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Rhode Island SSBB Thread

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
i would be really interested in doing some RI tourneys i am here for the summer as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
ill be getting back in providence this upcoming weekend, so I'm down for all future events

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
ive pmd a few people and have gotten no response. dunno what to do. anyone able to play?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm up for this weekend. I play some Brawl, but I prefer Melee by far. I am also in need of decent competition so I don't get rusty.

I've been to two SNF tourneys, the second one was held in a ballroom and some cranky guy tried to shut it down by accusing us of "gambling". Then I went off to Illinois for college this past year and played weekly with very good people, most notably AOB and marth1.

My mains for Melee are Fox and Sheik, secondaries include Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon. For Brawl I main Snake, and dabble in other characters.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Lincoln, RI.

I find your sig hilarious because I got my *** handed to me by Jiano at a tourney in Illinois. Lucky me, I was put in a pool of 5 with AOB and Jiano. It goes without saying I didn't make it out of that pool.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Jiano is my hero.

Add me on AIM and we'll discuss plans to play sometime.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm hoping some of us RI people can get together this Saturday.

Edit: Please? I think I'll go mad if I go another week without Melee.

Okesoke

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to get a smashfest thing again @ my house, but i need a date. So PM me w/ dates ppl, lets get it crack'n! oh and i will have melee! O.o/

shanus

Smash Hero
i get off work like 4 every weekday if not earlier....

more of you need to move to providence so i dont need to drive my lazy *** to you all :p and so we can have weekday smashfests

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Working Saturday.

I could get together on Friday if anybody's down.

Shears

Smash Master
wicked bump...

anyway, i might be having a tournament either this saturday or sunday. it will be in warren, RI so any eastbay smashers should definately look into it.

Shears

Smash Master
yah i know but for anyone who may not want to drive that far were trying to get one going on the east bay. my friends also arent very competitive and dont care to drive that far to play smash so they decided we would hold our own. like last week we had one with about 20 kids.

Shears

Smash Master
all brawl. i hate melee and all my friends suck at it. although this one kid is good at it, i dont think theres any melee going down. however we have copies of melee so we could set up something for melee friendlies if its in demand but were all brawlers.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
anyone around the cranston area want to play sunday during the day? I play in New York but Im home for the holidays. I play Brawl as Samus with the power suit on. I'm an ok player.

Shears

Smash Master
not sure if our things actually going down because of the 4th of july with all the family down. definately not saturday but maybe still sunday. if it does happen ill post might be a late notice and probably wont be a tourney, just a bunch of us doing some friendlies.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
i cant make saturday but i would like to go for some friendlies on sunday, ill check this board to see if its going on later

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
hey shears you still talking about getting together to smash with me this weekend or is that something else?

sunday i would still be down for holding a tourney at my gameroom again.

but if you're holding something I wouldn't mind going to that either.

PM me i'll give you my phone number

Shears

Smash Master
hey shears you still talking about getting together to smash with me this weekend or is that something else?

sunday i would still be down for holding a tourney at my gameroom again.

but if you're holding something I wouldn't mind going to that either.

PM me i'll give you my phone number
yah me and ben were thinking of holding something like you guys did last week but trying to get some more people in on it. try to get you more into the competitive scene because the guys here are pretty good. we could do something at your gameroom if you want.

Shears

Smash Master
heres the deal:

sunday july 6 (tomorrow) brawl tourney *PM for address & #*
starts at 12 noon
$5
bring everybody
it would be useful to bring a tv or a wii and game to have more setups

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners/losers finals best of 5, gand finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 2 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Ill bring my SD card to the NEXT Warwick-Okesoke smashfest so that all participating Wiis will get a copy of Smash 64 for Free.

Thats right, the haxxed version thats not out on VC yet!

P.S.

Please make sure your Wii has at least 580 - 600 blocks of free space left.

Smash 64 is only 290 blocks.

The reason for you needing up to 600 blocks free:

* Sin and Punishment needs to be put on your Wii (If Sin and Punishment is on your Wii, I will remove it, but it will get reinstalled automatically

* Smash 64 will get injected into Sin and Punishment, and a new channel will be made.

After its done installing, which takes less than 5 minutes, feel free to remove Sin and Punishment or enjoy the great "arcade shooter" game.

Hopefully there will be a Wii sequel to Sin and Punishment!

Nava

Smash Journeyman
D@mn Dave, you all into tourneys now? :laugh:
Can't wait to play again in a little less than 2 months.

Sorry for intruding, Rhode Islanders.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem like there will be any Melee at Shears' event.

Don't know if want...

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
ATTENTION: Those who want Smash64 on their Wiis and have LOZ: Twilight Princess save data and wish to keep it, please back it up via SD Card. SD Cards are cheap, you can get a 2 GB SD Card for $10 at some places. I tried to see if I could just copy and paste the Homebrew Channel but it doesnt work, so I am going to have to use the Twilight Hack.

Top Bottom