• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I don't want to start anything with the SWF staff, but why the hell would you even START a thread like this? Why would you encourage a horde of people to complain about a game they haven't played for one single second? Why allow baseless and misguided negativity? This makes absolutely no sense at all.
Flooding matter to you? He made this so we wouldn't need a bunch of threads to complain. If you don't want to see any complaints just simply avoid this thread, if you want to complain, come here and not post a million other threads.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I don't want to start anything with the SWF staff, but why the hell would you even START a thread like this? Why would you encourage a horde of people to complain about a game they haven't played for one single second? Why allow baseless and misguided negativity? This makes absolutely no sense at all.
A couple of people (including myself) have played it. They started it cause the staff was tired of closing thread after thread of this same topic yet they still wanted people to talk about it. Makes sense, right?

Like I was saying lack of true shield stun makes this game shallow in my eyes.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
SamuraiPanda said:
Do you know the number of PMs I, and several other mods, have received of people begging us to just "ban" complaints altogether?
Wow thats sad. :laugh:

LOL @ all the emotional kiddos here who get worked up about valid criticism.

Please stop harassing the mods with your emo behavior.

Can you not comprehend how people can be disapointed about some aspect of the game?

If so, get over the fact that some people can.

Some "negativitiy" is baseless, however some is valid and constructive criticism.

Lets not generalize here, in order to stifle opinions that differ from our own?

SynikaL

Smash Lord
The second is IF slipping is truly random, then that would have to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a single game developer.
In my mind, the slipping feature epitomizes the development philosophy behind this game. If you don't feel this game was meant to be competitive, you don't need more eveidence than this. Sakurai stated in his update last week that slipping is, indeed random with his Luigi Final Smash update. People will look past this because they want to take this game seriously, but all evidence amounts to this game being developed purely for light-hearted fare.

If people think Melee had a rough time being taken seriously in the greater Fighting Game Community, I believe Brawl will truly be the butt of all jokes. Only time will tell, I suppose.

-Kimosabae

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Nice post Syn.

I'll add from experience from playing the game. There is nothing worse than forcing your opponent into a mistake and just when you have the upper hand, your character trips and you eat a smash.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I have plenty to complain about with the game's content.

1) Falco remained in over a more original moveset (Krystal w/ staff) and over a deleted original moveset (Mewtwo). Not cool. I save judgement on Wolf because he actually seems to move and act a lot different. The landmaster is a joke, though.

2) The SSE. It seems almost a shame so much time and effort was invested in this Kirby-knockoff beat-em-up. Poor enemy/boss selection (Mother and Metroid bosses, but only Mario regular enemies besides original ones?) It might be slightly fun, but it will not endure. After everyone has 100%ed it, it will be over and done with, and abandoned, while the multiplayer lives on. Miyamoto was perhaps right when he advised Sakurai not to focus on Single Player.

3) Masterpieces. This almost infuriates me. Whatever space was wasted putting in demos of ancient Nintendo games (conveniently buyable on the shop channel!) would have served better as anything, even a single trophy or sticker. I thought Nintendo was above this sort of thing.

4) Tripping. Almost enough said there. Why should you be randomly punished just from moving around? The point of the game is to see how well you can control your character. Yet in this game, control will be randomly wrestled from you for no reason at all.

5) Lack of online options. You know, in a lot of games, you can CHOOSE whether to rate or unrate games. Or you could choose whether to see anonymous names or not. What's the use of parental controls? What's the use of the RATING (teen, not for easily corruptible kids!)? Nintendo has shoehorned us into yet another watered down online experience. Not to say I won't enjoy it, though.

6) Target Test was dumbed down. Not only do the generic levels not uniquely test your characters ability, but three of the five involve manipulation of items, which is even FURTHER removed from your character's ability.

I think that's about it at the moment. In no way is Brawl perfect. Mid to high nine at the most, but not a 10/10.

SD3

Smash Rookie
Game Complaints

1) Ridley or Krystal as playable characters would have nice inclusions (but I'm over them not being in, now).

2) Tripping seems a little silly. Maybe we'll find some way to overcome it; in any case, I doubt it will affect more casual players like me very much.

Board Complaints

1) Complaining using illogical arguments.

2) Please, PLEASE stop making tier lists, people! Most anyone who does is biased (at least a little), and nobody has played the game long enough anyway. Not to mention, tier lists are based on tournament results. NOT how good YOU are as a character.

...That said, Brawl will still be the best Wii game for a long time and/or forever. Only 20 days left!

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
After playing the game, I don't really mind tripping anymore.

But something I do have to complain about is King DeDeDe vs Fox. What a lame match!

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
i'm glad to see a more specific place to complain.

Problems about gameplay never bothered me that much, besides i don't even have the game yet. but i wish sakurai would have gave more control over the random factors such as items and tripping.

Stage builder feel like its lacking a few things for me. where the charater spawn at the start of a match should been there.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm not sure I've ever complained about Brawl. I can't even think of anything gamewise..

FFS NoE, give us an EFFIN release date!

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I've already vented too many times to formulate my thoughts now.
Simply:

No Animal Crosser because he's not "fighting" material. But they put in a robot nobody wanted.
The clones are not fixed. With double the true development time of Melee, that's ridiculous. Fix them.
Toon Link lacks original moveset.
Ganon lacks sword moveset.
Krystal is not in.
Three Starfox reps. One F-Zero and Metroid rep.
Tails was not a character that tagged along Sonic (like the Ice Climbers with Popo and Nana)
Tetra didn't get in. Original pirate ftw.
No King K. Rool?
Why did they leave out characters like Plusle and Minun and Dixie Kong who were ready?
Lack of With Anyone online features.

Complaint threads are pointless, its just moaning and crying about a game they will spend their money on regardless... they all need to sthu imo.
Yeah, but maybe if you let people complain once in a while, they could vent it all out and get over it. Sheesh, sometimes people just need to whine to fulfill themselves emotionally, and a large amount of us don't have any friends we can moan to about Smash Bros. without thinking we're weird.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I don't like it that bonus is gone, getting the diskun trophy was awesome

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My only and one dissapoint ment is no Lip picture in the game..... PERIOD. :(

If she can't be a PC than at least have her picture of her or a Trophy.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I just don't understand the reasoning for the lack of a Zelda SSE boss.

Bosses are such a significant part of Zelda and there are so many to choose from.
Considering there was no new Zelda character I was expecting something more than a Tingle AT to represent the franchise.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Oh finally, a thread for complaints. All of my complaints are ranked.

1)Ganondorf- Many people were outraged to see Ganondorf a clone in Melee. Then Brawl comes out and again he is a clone. Why was he a clone in the first place? He was not given his own moveset because of time contraints in completing Melee. Most people understood that time but it was no excuse for when it happened in Brawl. Sakurai and his team had about 4 years to fix up Ganondorf but no they barely even considered it. I mean come on, Ganondorf & Captain Falcon are not even from the same franchise & Sakurai makes him a clone again. We have sat here on SWF predicting Ganondorf would be decloned and given his sword from Twilight Princess but no, Sakurai decides to kick us in the stomach. and make him a clone for the fun of it. So what if his movements differ from Captain Falcon's, that dosent make him luigified. This is the biggest complaint I have.

2)Alternate Costumes- Like you SamuraiPanda, I am also dissapointed in the absence of Alternate costumes. I dont understand why they would only give a alternate costume to Wario. I mean if Wario gets a alternate costume, why not give everyone else one. What about Link, he has several alternate costumes you can choose from but no.

3) Lies about clones- One thread here mentioned Sakurai saying he would try to avoid clones but we get almost the same amount of clones we got in Melee.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is extremely dumb and pointless.
Online is lacking.
Uhh, the game isn't free... ya

EDIT: I saw the post above mine and realized that Ganondorf didn't get his kick-*** sword.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Tipping is indeed very dumb and very pointless.
I'd also like to complain about how people don't use the search function.

Now I feel better.

lol.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
For those who actually, either:

A) OWN Brawl
B) Played it enough to make solid and valid claims as to what it is like

should be the ones "complaining". But instead, we got people (who have NEVER played the game) complaining about such trivial and minute aspects of the game. Only until you have tested or played the game, can you make an accurate and fair judgment.

Sure, we all think tripping is lame as hell. But for those of us who haven't played the game (which is the VAST majority) we should hold back on our "complaint cards" until we have the game in our hands. Video's on youtube and some guys impression after three hours of play can only reveal so much. YOU have to play it yourself in order to really understand the game.

I just don't want to see any unwarranted or misguided hatred for a game that only a few of us actually possess. I am tired of seeing ignorant, baseless posts, completely devoid of substantive, concrete support. We need more accuracy and substance and less bull**** and *****ing over nitty gritty things we've seen in low rez. videos on the internet. A thread like this only encourages the ignorant and blind masses to post such vacuous and down right stupid nonsense.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, I have one real complaint. Ganondorfs Forward Smash should have been a sword slash instead of the old elbow attack. On top of that, the elbow is the ONLY move that wasnt changed about Ganondorf's moveset. (At least animation wise.)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Krystal not being in. Falco adds nothing that brawl didn't have previously. Fox Wolf and Krystal would have been alot more interesting.

Ganandorf still a clone, since when does the weilder of the triforce of power falcon punch? What a wasted oppurtunity. Ganandorf deserved an origional moveset, it just seems like lazy game design to me.

Limited stage editor. Lack of backgrounds and themes, simple colour changes would have made ALL the difference.

And no bowsers castle stage. Bowser still hasn't had a stage! Dedede should have had his boxing ring to.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai stated in his update last week that slipping is, indeed random with his Luigi Final Smash update.
No, he did not. He said that opponents within the Negative Zone had an "increased likelihood of slipping," which is in no way the same thing as saying "slipping is random."

That's like all the people who kept claiming that Ness had been "confirmed by Sakurai" as not being in the game when Sakurai posted the infamous "up until now" quote. But guess what? It was misinterpereted, and meant no such thing, and Ness is in fact playable. Unless Sakurai actually says SPECIFICALLY that slipping is a random occurance, there's no way to "confirm" such a claim.

Sakurai and his team had about 4 years to fix up Ganondorf but no they barely even considered it.
Where did you pull that number from? Brawl was in development for barely more than TWO years, let alone four. Development didn't start until October of 2005, making the total amount of time between the start of development and the Japanese release two years and three months - and that's not even accounting for the time between the end of development and the actual release during which production was taking place.

Frankly, I think the decision to keep him similar to how he was in Melee was a good one - as a Ganondorf player myself, it's good to know that I won't be having to completely re-learn everything about my favorite playable character for the new game. And he's still awesome. Why whine?

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
I was going to complain about "With anyone" online mode, but I realised the Friend Finder fixes this lack.
:)

My only complain then, would be the absence of Fountain of Dreams. At least we have the music.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
1) Gannondorf is still a clone. That's just laziness.

2)Tripping. I suppose the next game will have your character sometimes refuse to do the attacks you input (And yes, I know tripping is only a minor nuisance. I'm just worried that this is a sign of things to come.)

3) Why not have both ranked and un-ranked games for Wi-fi?

Honestly, there are a lot of little things that I'm slightly irked by, but they're just that, LITTLE THINGS. Why can't people focus on the good things that more than outweigh the bad things?

the gatherer

Smash Rookie
i complain about mewtwo being taken out. I mean cmon clone gannondorf can return but not mewtwo!!!?

Cheezball

Smash Ace
After reading all of the posts about the complaining of not being competitive, I finally understand, and I hope you understand too. If there is a mode without tripping within it, then disregard this. It is not really competitive because of tripping. If tripping is entirely random, then that means a newbie could beat an experienced player (NO! Not a pro...) if the experienced player trips in a terrible situation or the tripping causes a terrible situation in which makes him/her lose.

I FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!!! Tripping... :mad:

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
When I was watching videos of Gimpy playing in Brawl, I never saw them trip... at least I don't remember them tripping.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Tripping (how will this affect tourneys)
Lucario replacing Mewtwo
No SSB64 stages
Lack of alternate costumes
Shadow the AT over Tails or Knuckles (Knuckles would have been awsome as an AT, not as a backround distraction :()

nothing else

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I came here hoping to find the remains of what was the RMB...
Our clan (and many others) was shattered after the final roster, despite our acclaimed resolve...
I hope to reform our clan...so if you were in RMB...please say something...
Oh yeah...
complaints...
Ive got em...
1. No Mega Man...
2. No other 3rd party chars...
3. No Ridley...
4. Too many Fox clones...
5. Ness/Lucas...
5. Jigglypuff stayed...
6. Only Wario got an alt costume...
7. Shadow as an AT (heck, even Blaze would be better in my opinion)...
8. Too few Metroid chars...
9. Too many clones...
10. No Mega Man...
Oh...and a note for the RMB...
NEW ANIME...
Mega Man ZX...
So rejoice...all is not lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom