• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I wish I was a better artist. or I wish I had flash player. I could have done a series with the smashers. I did do a fan fiction, but comics and stuff seem more advertising. maybe Have like Sonic turning up at Smash Mansion with a suitcase or something for the first comic.

shanus

Smash Hero
::prays for knuckles to be in the game::

If knuckles is in the game, he will be my main for sure.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
S*** I just noticed....

WTF!!! does the Sonic update might have any hinting that it might get released sooner?? or pushed back, I'm just hoping it gets sooner than pushed back

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
S*** I just noticed....

WTF!!! does the Sonic update might have any hinting that it might get released sooner?? or pushed back, I'm just hoping it gets sooner than pushed back
I'm beginning to wonder if the game won't be out until Spring 2008. It sure must be one HUGE game if it's taking THAT long to make.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
S*** I just noticed....

Why do you think they releashed Sonic...as a distraction so we wouldn't care so much about the date change

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather it be pushed back, it gives them more time to perfect the game. I don't know about you guys but I can wait a few more months for a game if it's going to be improved.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
im guessing pushed back.....becuase i would think japan would get it first i could wait more months but why would they push it back when there less than 2 months before release..... i think the most they would push it back is 2 weeks....although they could push it past christmas so that more people buy Sonic and mario at the olympics.......this whole idea is giving me a head ache

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
lol dont apologize....there are some people who stay up all night to see the update

i dont, but if you see all the threads about sonics uodate youll that it is new old news(lol oxymoron)

OmegaXXII

Why do you think they releashed Sonic...as a distraction so we wouldn't care so much about the date change
yeah I guess that was Sakurai's plan to distract us with Sonic rather than to upset alot of smashers about the release date

I'd rather it be pushed back, it gives them more time to perfect the game. I don't know about you guys but I can wait a few more months for a game if it's going to be improved.
in a way that would be good, after all the more time the better it is likely to be like less bugs and glitches plus more content

im guessing pushed back.....becuase i would think japan would get it first i could wait more months but why would they push it back when there less than 2 months before release..... i think the most they would push it back is 2 weeks....although they could push it past christmas so that more people buy Sonic and mario at the olympics.......this whole idea is giving me a head ache
perhaps if they released it on X-mas day it wouldn't be soo bad after all, that would be 3 weeks pushed back so I wouldn't mind if it got pushed back that much

2woShots

Smash Cadet
"There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident."

I don't think he changed the official release date, just put up TBD just incase things dont go smoothly, or they run into a rut.
I'm guessing they added Sonic recently due to fan reaction and they have to tweak him before release or something.

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
Wow, about time Sonic got released. I really expected him to be in it, but don't really care much since i don't like him alot. It just seems to me that he doesn't fit there...but then again, no other characters fits well either

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't mind it being pushed back as long as it doesn't take TOO long. Y'know?

The more time they spend on this, the better it will ultimately turn out. But I was so stoked they had a definite December 3rd release date, it's hard to let that go without having my stomache churn. I guess perfection takes time, and this game looks amazingly perfect.

EDIT:
I hope you're right 2woShots. I hope Sakurai's using this as a failsafe instead of a definite pushback.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Now that Sonic is revealed, what Assist Trophies do you think will be made for the Franchise? Surely Tails and Knuckles at least. I would like to see Amy with her hammer or Blayze with some sort of rush attack.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
@giga-- releasing it on x-mas day would not be a good idea...parents would have already gotten their children their gifts and most stores are not open on x-mas....

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
It really sucks cause I doubt Tails will make it in playable. Assist maybe. I can see Knuckles being an AT and when used, he'll be punching everyone, sorta like Marill in SSBM

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Marill didn't punch people. He ran into them.

But I could see Knuckles being a very powerful and deadly AT. He wouldn't be fast and wouldn't rack up that much damage, but he would kill relatively easy with some powerful punches (kinda like Knuckle Joe... Knuckles, Knuckle Joe, connection?) Maybe he could glide around for a bit, just kinda hitting people like a fan, and then he lands and unleashes a beat-down.

Also, it would be cool for Tails to be a "recovery AT". He follows you around, and if you get knocked off he will pick you up and fly you above the stage, saving you a jump and attack. Thus giving you an advantage against your opponent who was so sure he could edgeguard you.

the.best.member.ever

Smash Rookie
I'm really pumped that Sonic is in this game. I hope they make his fighting style like space animals except less broken. I do not however, want them to add Knuckles or Tails or anyone else from the franchise. Sonic is going to be an awesome character, but he doesn't need three clones. Let's keep those spots open for more unique, less obscure characters.

OmegaXXII

Marill didn't punch people. He ran into them.

But I could see Knuckles being a very powerful and deadly AT. He wouldn't be fast and wouldn't rack up that much damage, but he would kill relatively easy with some powerful punches (kinda like Knuckle Joe... Knuckles, Knuckle Joe, connection?) Maybe he could glide around for a bit, just kinda hitting people like a fan, and then he lands and unleashes a beat-down.

Also, it would be cool for Tails to be a "recovery AT". He follows you around, and if you get knocked off he will pick you up and fly you above the stage, saving you a jump and attack. Thus giving you an advantage against your opponent who was so sure he could edgeguard you.

I could definetly see both Knuckles and Tails as AT's maybe even Silver not shadow I can see him as an alternate costume for sonic, though who I would really like to see is Dr. Robotnik has an Subspace Emissary Boss with one of his robot creations

i wonder what would be a counter pick againts sonic
um...Mario of course

Dealiss

Smash Rookie
Having Sonic in brawl is quite cool yeah, but I bet before you'll get Sonic you must do a hard quest getting him (like completing Very Hard / Intense with a specific character and/or with single amounts of lifes.)

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
sonic is goin to be my main. Also i would like eggman to be a boss.And
Green hill zone looks like a suitable choice for his stage. Can't wait.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm really pumped that Sonic is in this game. I hope they make his fighting style like space animals except less broken. I do not however, want them to add Knuckles or Tails or anyone else from the franchise. Sonic is going to be an awesome character, but he doesn't need three clones. Let's keep those spots open for more unique, less obscure characters.
How would Knuckles or Tails be clones of Sonic? The only thing all three of them have in common is the spin-dash attack.

But I guess that doesn't matter, I don't think either one of them has any chance of making the cut.
(But that doesn't matter either because SONIC IS IN BRAWLZOMG!!!)

I cant wait to play against sonic users.
Alright then. Consider it on, Cancel. ;)

I could definetly see both Knuckles and Tails as AT's maybe even Silver not shadow I can see him as an alternate costume for sonic, though who I would really like to see is Dr. Robotnik has an Subspace Emissary Boss with one of his robot creations
I could see Sonic repping a lot of the other characters from the series with alternate costumes.
Red quills with Red/Green shoes = Knuckles (Red Team skin)
Black quills with White/Red shoes = Shadow
Silver quills with Black/Blue shoes = Silver
Green quills with Red/Black shoes = Jet (Green Team skin)
Pink quills with Purple/Black shoes = Espio

Dealiss

Smash Rookie
sonic is goin to be my main. Also i would like eggman to be a boss.And
Green hill zone looks like a suitable choice for his stage. Can't wait.
Totally agreed, at least the stage and having Eggman as the obstacle in the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom