• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I like SADX more than SA2B,(Yes, I only played the enhanced versions) even though SA2B was supposingly better. Despite its horrible loading times, horrible controls, horrible physics, and horribly wrong story,(Sonic making love to a human?! WTF!?) I still liked it better than any other Sonic game excluding SADX and SA2B. Maybe I was just so happy about the adventure fields that I overrated the game?

SiD

Smash Master
Lol, Sonic didn't make love to a human, why is everyone so stuck on that? I actually really enjoyed the story in Sonic 06.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Deja vu...

Man Sakurai, we haven't been shown any SSE footage for weeks! If it involves Sonic, double or... infinite bonus. In fact, I would love ANY update concerning Sonic... except his Final Smash (you KNOW he'll do it soon), and, of course, an announcement where they decided to take Sonic out... yikes.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Omg my mom almost just walked in on my girlfriend and I, right in the middle of everything we here the front door close.
Holy...Anyway.

SONIC For Brawl!
That Girl in Sonic 06, i didnt like her.

But I could really go for a Sonic SE update.
I really wanna see some CGI Sonic videos.

Garuda

Smash Ace
I can see it now... I'm using the Wii Internet Channel, at the highest magnification on the Dojo, as I wait for the images to load, I look at the date, refreshing until it changes, I wait, I don't look at the symbols or colors, and as soon as I see that the pictures have loaded, I scroll to the left carefully and slowly, and there's a Sonic symbol... then I see that it's a red mark and the update is Sonic's Final Smash... I really wouldn't expect anything for the next couple of weeks (no **** Sherlock).

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion

SiegK

Smash Champion
Now Sega with all the money your going to make on this mediocre title, your better take the Sonic franchise back on track which is actually already happening.
True That, brother.
SEGA better get their foot out of their @$$ and make a Sonic Adventure 3. But with Tails without the T2 all the time. FLY **** YOU! It was cool to play as tails flying again in Sonic 06 but they made him so gay.
"I got a Ring gun and i can shoot stuff"
bring back the Sonic Adventure Tails with the good Flying and the Tail Spin! AND GIVE HIM BACK HIS SPIN BALL!!!!!!! Sonic Isnt The Only One Who Can Do It!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He's right, it was just a kiss. Sonic did not plow Elsie.

. . .Onscreen. . .
SEGA promotes the wierdest things, I swear. Eoww...women and hedgehogs doing it...what WOULD THEIR CHIDLREN LOOK LIKE!?!?!? (a picture would be funny...yet creepy. :chuckle:)

*gets image out of his head*

Garuda

Smash Ace
NAW SALLY X SONIC

...jk

I actually think Amy should make at least a very brief cameo in Brawl.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Id like to see Sonic Adventure Tails 1st. WITHOUT Use of "gadgets". Just Tails.
My god, im ok with tails being the inventer and the brains but when they gave him gadgets to use while playing him, thats whats killing his character./
I dunno about that. Gadgets can be (and have been) cheesy and annoying at times, but I'd still like to see Tails using his unique skills as a mechanical engineer. In my opinion, it's a more interesting and deep character trait than his natural flight is. (If that's a term that applies to a two-tailed fox. . .). The T2 in Sonic Adventure 2 was fun for me, more so than the Tails levels in SA1. But I wouldn't like to see it return, not without Tails doing something physical as well.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Well Tails is the inventor guy, so it would be cool if he used gadgets, but nothing too over the top. No projectile weapons or big mech's to ride in, and I think it'd be okay. He'd still have the good old Tails physics from SA1, but with PIMPED-OUT METAL TAILS.

He can use said pimped-tails to destroy tougher robots which his original tails cannot.

:):):):)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Every Amigo character was ****ty in Sonic Next-Gen except Blaze and Omega.
Tails may have been crap in that game but at least he was still fast in flight mode, however Knuckles sucked terribly.
His punches never connected, his glide sucked balls because it didn't even harm any enemy and his dive attack garanted you a free pass to a bottomless pit.
Amy was even worst, she was slower then Silver and her stupid hammer had a the worst range ever did I mention her invisible ability was freaking useless?
Sega ****ed up badly, I hope they learned their lesson with Sonic Next-Gen it wasn't pure crap but it was still bad.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Every Amigo character was ****ty in Sonic Next-Gen except Blaze and Omega.
Tails may have been crap in that game but at least he was still fast in flight mode, however Knuckles sucked terribly.
His punches never connected, his glide sucked balls because it didn't even harm any enemy and his dive attack garanted you a free pass to a bottomless pit.
Amy was even worst, she was slower then Silver and her stupid hammer had a the worst range ever did I mention her invisible ability was freaking useless?
Sega ****ed up badly, I hope they learned their lesson with Sonic Next-Gen it wasn't pure crap but it was still bad.
(And you forgot that Sonic's homing attack wasnt free range, it had to go somewhere and his Spin Ball was all messed up, too mechanical. Along with the x3 Runninga parts opf the levels, if you jump you cant turn in the air, that was horrible.

Basicly.... to sum this all up.

The controls sucked and the game was unfinished.
If they had taken a little bit longer to finish it and fix it (Like Sakurai is making sure of for Brawl *yay*) than it would have been a really cool game.

If they made a remake and it was FIXED. I would buy it again.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Yeah but when HolyNightmare brought it up again i had to restate myself. Cause its true.

Im making SiegK art. Lol. Not really a comic, but its a new picture of my old Character SiegK as a Kirby and my new one as a human. their on my Deviantart page but im still working on the new pic.

Sonic For Brawl!

We need.... SSB64 to come out for the VC, Kirby SuperStar for the VC, Sonic3&Knuckles on the VC, a Sonic Stage update and... Sonic Adventure 3.

SonicMario

Smash Master
He used to have a Super Tails as well.

Hate to get off topic, but would any of you be interesting in seeing my Final Smash thread? It is the Offical one in the sticky. And all you have to do is click Super Sonic in my sig.

HolyNightmaren

Smash Rookie
Tails? Tails is gay with his gadgets. Those are whats killing him, just use your anthro-body Tails! Hes got a Spin Ball, Ball jump like sonic, Tail Spin (although i do hate that show). I hate using Tails when he has gadgets.
I don't know I think his energy cannon from Sonic Battle is an awesome gadget and those mines he can also throw in the same game are fine too.
Because if Tails doesn't use any gadgets he kinda lose originality, I'll go for a a mix of gadgets and close combat.
Sonic Adventure 2 was really stupid, the fact Tails had to rely on his Cyclone mech during the whole game was annoying but they needed a good clone of Dr.Robotnik in that game so I guess I'll forgive them....at least they didn't shove Tails in a mech in Sonic Next-Gen.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Tails? Tails is gay with his gadgets. Those are whats killing him, just use your anthro-body Tails! Hes got a Spin Ball, Ball jump like sonic, Tail Spin (although i do hate that show). I hate using Tails when he has gadgets.
If he did that, how would he be different from Sonic? Aside from flight, that is. Characters like Sonic, Shadow, and Espio would outdo his in every category. Without the flight and his brains, he's basically just Sonic. . .without the speed.

. . .Nothing is more depressing than Sonic without speed.

But I must admit, a moveset based entirely on machines, like some furry Stephen Hawkins, would suck like a hole in the tub. He does have some physical ability, it's just very hard to see since he'd usually compared to Sonic.

Edit: Except for SA2B. It was cool the one time, but I don;t think I'd like to see him in the Tornado full-time again.

The cannon is one of the best move in the game, I don't remember what I equiped my Emerl with but I believe he had all the Ultimate set installed on him.
You must have used gameshark, right? Getting all the ultimate skills in Sonic Battle is a physical impossibility, like perpetual motion and the 2007 Yugo.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
You must have used gameshark, right? Getting all the ultimate skills in Sonic Battle is a physical impossibility, like perpetual motion and the 2007 Yugo.
Wasn't it possible to get the full set of Ultimate skills via Tails lab. Virtual Training? I remember clearly thats the only way to get those Ultimate skills card but it was freaking hard I don't think I ever managed to get them all.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Yo guys, I think SOnic is a starting character. Im guessing that all characters shown on Basic Brawl screen are characters you start with. Eh??

Just got to New York...like an hour ago. was dark. Lol. Sunrise, i went on the Red Eye flight...Lol. Havnt slept sense Wed. night. hahahazz...

Checked update 1st this when i got to hotel and its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom