• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sprite Critique Topic

M.K

Level 55
The one without the mouth seems fair. Machamp's mouth on Hypno's head seems awkward.

"Manatom"
CnC?
I think this is the best sprite out of all the forms you have tried. The spike is alright, and the coloring/fusion is fairly good!

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna use the original one I made, except with his whole body surrounded by blue and minus the spike at the end of Manaphy's cords.

Btw, thanks Meta ")

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I like the first one.

Shidew, Luxselia, and Luxerade!

Since the request was finished in the CPS, I figured I would post this. I've already posted the last one, but I'll just add it because it finishes the evolution line. CnC is much appreciated.

M.K

Level 55
I like the first one.

Since the request was finished in the CPS, I figured I would post this. I've already posted the last one, but I'll just add it because it finishes the evolution line. CnC is much appreciated.
Wow! Holy crap, Dedede, these are amazing! You did such a great job! It's such a good alternative to my line since I used the Budew line as the base!
Amazing!

Mewter

Smash Master
I like the first one.

That's pretty good, DeDeDe. As Meta-Kirby said, it is a VERY good alternative to his.:p
Both of you guys' are great.

SpelignFial

Smash Apprentice
Where spelling doesn't count for anything.
Not really if it was your first and you get better with practice. i started out with something almost like that but i deleted it because it was so bad.

This is like my third ever sprite

oh and if that is in .jpg don't ever use .jpg for sprites

M.K

Level 55
I tried my hand at a sprite. Wow I'm bad.

It's not too bad. Never use JPG.

Remember:

PwNaGe

In other words, use .PNG to save photos. The color doesn't distort at all.

The colors you chose were fairly good, however, the "mask" of Infernape is sort of oddly colored.

But always remember PwNaGe.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I finally made my first completely scratched Pokemon!

Monstorm
Water/Electric

Guardsicle
Ice

They're a bit simple, and Monstorm's hands are a little off, but otherwise I like 'em.

Mewter

Smash Master
But always remember PwNaGe.
Lol. That's an awesome way to remember.
They're a bit simple, and Monstorm's hands are a little off, but otherwise I like 'em.
I like them a lot. One thing I would change, though, would be the outline on the Guardsicle. It looks too mashed in, like it is trying to fit in a box or something. And for monstorm, maybe you could change the shading and the outline color. Also, add some more details to it, because right now, it kind of looks like a flat piece of blank cloud-shaped paper with minimal shading.
I tried my hand at a sprite. Wow I'm bad.

Cool, except for what Firus and SpelignFial pointed out.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I finally made my first completely scratched Pokemon!

Monstorm
Water/Electric

Guardsicle
Ice

kool. I don't even want to try doing that until I get splicing down.

speaking of splicing, haven't done that in forever (unless you count playing Bioshock as splicing).

This did not take long to make.

introducing: Castrill

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
sorry, excuse my double post, but we need more people critiquing. besides, this is the Poke Center.

here's a new one: Azurisu

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
sorry, excuse my double post, but we need more people critiquing. besides, this is the Poke Center.

here's a new one: Azurisu
Awww, this one is adorable! The only thing I'd suggest to change is the ear color- it looks a bit weird being blue, while the rest of his body is white. It's a great fusion, though.

Anyways I haven't done any sprites in a while, so I decided to take up the challenge of a Dunsparce/Charizard fusion.

I also made one with fangs and the Dunsparce back-stripe pattern on his belly.

Any critique?

Mewter

Smash Master
They look great, Zook. Just one thing: the outline near the belly. It's mismatched and needs to be changed from that brown/red to a slightly deeper blue than the stomach.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Bumped and...

another sprite I made.
I think you should have kept the spiral the way it was. The positioning of the roses needs help too. I like the top of him, but the legs should be a bit darker imo.

My first attempt in making a scratch sprite. I'll also post this in the "Let's Make Pokemon!" thread with an entire moveset, stat chart, etc. I think he'll be a Water/Flying type. (;

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Haha, that's awesome. It looks good, but maybe you could try changing the colour a little to see if you can get something more interesting. Not that you have to, because I personally think it looks fine. It's so cute. :p

Compare that to my first scratch sprite.

v

I of course changed it once I realized how awful it looked, but I have to say that yours is great for a first time scratch sprite. Go ahead and critique it if you like.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that's awesome. It looks good, but maybe you could try changing the colour a little to see if you can get something more interesting. Not that you have to, because I personally think it looks fine. It's so cute. :p

Compare that to my first scratch sprite.

v

I of course changed it once I realized how awful it looked, but I have to say that yours is great for a first time scratch sprite. Go ahead and critique it if you like.
Haha thanks, after looking at it for awhile, it does look kinda bland. The only thing wrong with your sprite is that the edges are a bit to straight, and it's missing some shading. Oh well, it's cute! =D

EDIT: Here's my more-saturated version.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I think you should have kept the spiral the way it was. The positioning of the roses needs help too. I like the top of him, but the legs should be a bit darker imo.
I changed the spiral color to make it match Roselia's mouth color. The red rose was the awkward part so I had to scratch it onto the arm. And I made the legs a light color to match Roselia's legs.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Joe, very well done! All I see that bothers me is a couple pixels on the tip of the tail, and some of the lines on the "stomach" don't match very well :ohwell:
Very well made overall, I applaud you for it:)

JOE!

Smash Hero
just out of curiosity, what pixels on the tail? the extra tip length or the Arceus spikey thing?

Top Bottom