• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
I know what you mean Shock! If they put in Hyrule Temple we'll show you guys what we mean. Prepare for a meltdown!

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I just hope thathtere are enough new stages with some flat ground to run around on. I love platforms, but when the area below them isn't big enough, I find it a bit difficult to move around and avoid attacks. I don't want gigantic stages with broken areas that allow you to stay on the stage with 400% damage (hyrule temple) but I also don't want to see a lot of tiny stages where you can throw someone at 20% and kill them (Flat Zone). To be blunt, I want variety, and I want really impressive and beautiful backgrounds and effects.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I think a level from Super mario sunshine would be welcome.Bright tropical city background,and burst of geisers would pop up occasionnally,which you could walk on.Also,unlike any other level,you could only fall on 1 side of the stage.Otherwise,you would have to be blasted off the sides or top.Pretty cool,huh?

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
FireStar said:
I know what you mean Shock! If they put in Hyrule Temple we'll show you guys what we mean. Prepare for a meltdown!

yes Firestar. we have no choice but to bring our Millenium items in to this.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see more night stages like the one in Dreamland fountain. That look so beautiful. Or maybe a stage where daylight shifted to night depending how long you fight in the arena kinda like the moon comin toward the earth in Smash bros. Melee.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
dorkandproudofit said:
I believe that is something everyone can agree upon.

On the other hand, the stationary Ice Climbers mentioned earlier (with avalanches) would be pretty interesting, but why not make it even cooler (get it?) by adding in a vulture like the one in the original Ice Climbers NES game? It would occasionally swoop down and attempt to pick up a character on the stage, and carry them off-screen, KO'ing them. That would be AWESOME!

Reminds me Corneria's arwings with a vengence. XD

JmcShocker14

JLoc said:
I would like to see more night stages like the one in Dreamland fountain. That look so beautiful. Or maybe a stage where daylight shifted to night depending how long you fight in the arena kinda like the moon comin toward the earth in Smash bros. Melee.

we need good fighting distance!

Squatdog7

Smash Apprentice
I think they should make a level in a kids bedroom. Isn't the concept that they are toys, like in the opening video from the 64 version. The main battlefield would be the bed with shelves you can jump on, and maybe a ceiling fan that would push u down and make it hard to move and jump.

JmcShocker14

Squatdog7 said:
I think they should make a level in a kids bedroom. Isn't the concept that they are toys, like in the opening video from the 64 version. The main battlefield would be the bed with shelves you can jump on, and maybe a ceiling fan that would push u down and make it hard to move and jump.
i dont think thats a good idea. sorry

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Squatdog7 said:

That really reminds me of a stage in Gotcha Force which takes place in a character's bedroom.

In any case it's a cool idea, but it really wouldn't work in Smash Bros' 2D fighting plane.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Hyper-Link said:
That character bedroom sounds pretty cool, but at the same time very scary, and I think they wanted to get rid of the toy/doll image since in melee the opening movie is completely 3-D

Well there is that human hand that grabs the Mario trophy, throws it and then comes to life. Then again it's probably just Master Hand again.

dorkandproudofit

Smash Cadet
JmcShocker14 said:
yes Firestar. we have no choice but to bring our Millenium items in to this.
Dibs on the Millenium Puzzle! :laugh:

Back on topic, though, I have noticed that just about everyone (including me) has suggested stages with interactive backgrounds. Is this mere speculation, or will the game actually have that kind of backgroud interaction? It would make things a whole lot more interesting.

Also, I think there should be more stages as humongous as Hyrule Temple in Melee; those kinds of places make fights interesting.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well I do love a pretty background.

And I don't mind large stages as long as it's void of that underground part in Hyrule Temple. I mean it's fun for FFAs and I suppose friendlies, but when it's more serious the instinct becomes "HIGH DAMAGE FLEE TO THE UNDERGROUND!"

MetaNight

Smash Rookie
It'd be cool to have the final boss stage from MP1: the mile long chasm. Imagine fighting while falling. That'd be crazy cool

MetaNight

Smash Rookie
givequicheachance said:
They could have a Chibi-Robo stage in a child's bedroom.
NO WAYThat's funny. You could have that dinosaur character come across the screen throwing characters around. Or if you were fighting on the bed, you could have the girl person jumping on the bed makinng players fly around the stage

Luigi-Mario

Smash Cadet
Level: Advance Wars Battlefield

Notes: Your in the middle of an intense battle so expect Interference from Infantry, Vehicles, and Aircraft.
Also be on the lookout for Artillery and Rocket Fire.
Especially from Piperunners and the Black Cannon and 3 Mini-Cannons in the Background.

Level: Orange Star Fleet

Notes: The Carrier is the Middle Stage with two Submarines stationed to the sides.
Make sure you get back on the Carrier when the Submarines start to submege or you'll end up in the drink!
All Players will be at risk of a Black Hole Battleship firing on the ships
as well as the occasional Transport Copter dropping off Infantry in the middle of the fray.

------------------------------------------------------------

A GREAT Idea for SSBB Levels: Level Control Settings

Examples:

Level: Peach's Castle
-Bullet Bill Attacks: None/Low/Normal/High

Level: Kongo Jungle
-Klaptraps: None/Few/Lots
-Floating Logs: None/Few/Lots

Level: Jungle Japes

Level: Corneria/Venom
-Arwing/Wolfen Fire: None/Low/Normal/High

Level: Icicle Mountain
-Level Scrolling: Normal/Trippy/Can't Keep Up

Level: Onett
-Traffic: None/Light/Heavy

Level: Fourside
-UFO Appearance: None/Low/Frequent

Level: Flat Zone
-Falling Debris: None/Few/Lots

Level: Battleship Halbred
-Cannon Fire: None/Low/Normal/High
-Enemy Reinforcements: None/Few/Lots

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like fun, but since the game has changed gears from a less "anime/cartoony" feel to more "realistic"-looking, maybe Nintendo won't put in the childish anime-based backgrounds. I think it would be too much contrast to have the Link from twilight princess fighting on a background from DBZ; this is another reason that I don't think that anime characters will be making an appearance in Brawl.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
dorkandproudofit said:
Dibs on the Millenium Puzzle! :laugh:

Back on topic, though, I have noticed that just about everyone (including me) has suggested stages with interactive backgrounds. Is this mere speculation, or will the game actually have that kind of backgroud interaction? It would make things a whole lot more interesting.

Also, I think there should be more stages as humongous as Hyrule Temple in Melee; those kinds of places make fights interesting.

My necklace is too much for your puzzle

anyways. Have you ever played power stone? do you think the stages should be more like that.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Luigi-Mario said:
Level: Advance Wars Battlefield

Notes: Your in the middle of an intense battle so expect Interference from Infantry, Vehicles, and Aircraft.
Also be on the lookout for Artillery and Rocket Fire.
Especially from Piperunners and the Black Cannon and 3 Mini-Cannons in the Background.

Level: Orange Star Fleet

Notes: The Carrier is the Middle Stage with two Submarines stationed to the sides.
Make sure you get back on the Carrier when the Submarines start to submege or you'll end up in the drink!
All Players will be at risk of a Black Hole Battleship firing on the ships
as well as the occasional Transport Copter dropping off Infantry in the middle of the fray.

------------------------------------------------------------

A GREAT Idea for SSBB Levels: Level Control Settings

Examples:

Level: Peach's Castle
-Bullet Bill Attacks: None/Low/Normal/High

Level: Kongo Jungle
-Floating Logs: None/Few/Lots

Level: Jungle Japes

Level: Corneria/Venom
-Arwing/Wolfen Fire: None/Low/Normal/High

Level: Icicle Mountain
-Level Scrolling: Normal/Trippy/Can't Keep Up

Level: Onett
-Traffic: None/Light/Heavy

Level: Fourside
-UFO Appearance: None/Low/Frequent

Level: Flat Zone
-Falling Debris: None/Few/Lots

Level: Battleship Halbred
-Cannon Fire: None/Low/Normal/High
-Enemy Reinforcements: None/Few/Lots

OH YES! Level controll is a must!

btw: Does anybody here know about the diffrent floats you can do on people if you hit them correctly?

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
JmcShocker16 said:
My necklace is too much for your puzzle

anyways. Have you ever played power stone? do you think the stages should be more like that.
what a splended idea. My necklace feels safe around you

Anther

Smash Champion
Kays, I read back about 2 pages... but reading the rest of them is a bit too much ...
Anyways...,
I think a low friction level made of icy like surfaces would be so awesome. An ultra-slippery version of Final destination or any stage would be a level of greatness XD. Specially if wavedashing just so happens to still be in the game, This stage would have some of the coolest and unique battle effects ever. <3

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
Milpitas (nor-cal) &amp; Riverside (so-cal)
i'm all for large stages, just as long as they're simple! remember "Sector Z" from Smash 64? i think hyrle was a good size but that little turtle's hole ruined it for me...like THK said, "when it's more serious the instinct becomes 'HIGH DAMAGE FLEE TO THE UNDERGROUND!'" and it's like...UGH!!! UR DUMB!!!

And another complaint about hyrule temple...THE SIDE MARGINS ARE TOO FREAKIN CLOSE!!! it's like ur only at 35% and someone throws you off the edge of hyrule and you die cuz you barely pass the margin. for a stage that big, i think the margin should be a LOT further!

what i would like to see are(other than the specific character themed stages) are straightforward stages like Final Destination and Battle Field, larger or smaller bases, or floating platforms only on the side or stuff like that...or stages like Melee's taget tests, i think some of those stages would be awesome to play in. i dunno maybe im just rambling....

Wuss

Smash Champion
What if there was a feature that allowed you to make a stage? You could choose the background from a bunch of different options, or paint your own (as in the accessory) . Then Put platforms. Choose colors, maybe, allow for some animation in the background, or interaction.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
oooooooh thats a REALLY good idea...that is a REALLY-REALLY-REALLY good idea! heck why stop at stages. why not have a"create your own character" feature? actually creating your own character is alot more complicated for this kinda game...

but the create your own stage idea=BRILLIANT!!!

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
yeah, the creat your own stage thought has been around awhile. I'll repost mine.

Oh ****!!! I just realized that I osted that in that other thread that got deleted. I didn't save my stage editor thing. ****.

I'm really not in the mood to try to remember everything in it, sorry.

Zink

Smash Champion
As the next mod to pop in will tell you, we had many discussions of create-a-map and create-a-character in the old Smash Wii topic. The general consensus was that maps MIGHT work but characters- no. It is very much at odds with the spirit of Smash.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I would like for them to make a stage in the place where Link (from Oot) go to get the master sword. playing the same music from there as well. Then after a certain amount of play time the stage flashes (like your going through time) still fighting mind you, and teleports you to different stage to the old stages(probaly link/Zelda stage(s) ) from 64 to brawl. Nothing too drastic just enough to notice changes and not effect the gameplay too much..

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
a I want a Zelda stage that starts out in the Temple of Time, right at the pedestal of time. Halfway through the battle, the Master Sword could be lifted out and everyone is transported to the Sacred Realm. Platforms way up in the sky with the Triforce floating in the background.

Yeah, just an idea that popped into my head.

Wuss

Smash Champion
Here is a platform configuration that I like.
A pyramid of platforms, that are off of the main one. A three, two, one configuration.

I like this stage because it is very similar to Battlefiled and the standard configuration, but the pyramid adds more I think.

Ronike

Smash Ace
How about Pong? The stage could be turned so that the paddles are on the top and bottom and the charcters would be on the line in the middle. The sides could be solid and players would fall thru the line when they got hit hard enough. The paddles would follow the closest character and could bounce characters a certain distance based on their damage.

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
hue_jass said:
from super mario bro's 3 the boss battle that is the roving tank convoy that would make a very nice scrolling level complete with bullet bills thrown in to add some obstacles to avoid.
I like this idea a lot.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see a Koopa Airship stage. Those stages were awesome in SMB 3. :mario:

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
it'd be like another rainbow cruise...except with bullets, cannonballs, flamethrower thingies, corkscrew thingies, and moles that throw screwdrivers...at least it'll have a cool Boswer Ship remix, i could imagine it now...i can see it hapeneing...but i dont think i'd play on it...too many projectiles flying around. too much of a distracion.

MetaNight

Smash Rookie
[
QUOTE=Ronike]How about Pong? The stage could be turned so that the paddles are on the top and bottom and the charcters would be on the line in the middle. The sides could be solid and players would fall thru the line when they got hit hard enough. The paddles would follow the closest character and could bounce characters a certain distance based on their damage.
That's pretty cool. Imagine if your opp. damage percentage was at 200%. If you had Link, you could strike opp. up into air towards paddle and if they hit the paddle on their way down you could do the spinning sword attack and smash them of the the stage. In the end you could get the title Tennis Master or something....

Top Bottom