• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Power identified that stage as Final Destination. Also, I think that Brawl is going to look like an epic struggle rather than some weird cyber world with tons of Nintendo characters. So menus, grand stages, music will have a more... epic stance (also medieval)
Yes! Medieval FTW! Fox should use a crossbow!
But I want to be able to change the menu's theme. Like having a Wii themed one for SSB, a cyber one for SSBM, a medieval one for SSBB, and some character themed ones.

Zink

Smash Champion
Huh, I didn't hear that NP confirmed that stage to be FD. Don't forget, they often misguess these types of things.

icymatt

Smash Lord
The stage is probably Battlefield/Other Generic stage, not FD. Either way, it's too plain to be Pit's stage, and that floating orb underneath kinda gives it away as being non-game aligned.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet, but.

Spoilers below
If you have played Star Fox Assault, you should know that Peppy had to destroy the Current Great Fox.

In Star Fox Command, there is a new mothership. Now, will Nintendo keep the old Great Fox? Or have a new Star Fox stage? Based on, possibly, Star Fox adventures, or Assault. Or, perhaps the new Mother ship?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
They need a mario stage that has the block guys falling down every now and then, say they do 15% or something, and you get stuck in the ground (similar to donkey kong's forward-B in melee)

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I hope they make the new FD totally badass, like a modified Melee FD. It's gotta be perfectly flat though.

ameerali

Smash Cadet
wat if they made the castle interactive
eg u'll fight outside and wen u do something to the bridge it'll fall down allowing u 2 go inside the castle

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Wow yeah I can't wait to see these levels and see all of them! The Hyrule one, the pokemon level. Wow its going to be insane! Why can't this game be launched with the Wii!!!!

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
I think they should have a level that randomly teleports you to different levels. So you can go from Links level to Medinights level and so on and so on. The fight will never become one sided. :)

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
all of these stages are awesome and that castle does resemble the outside of hyrule temple plus we dont even know if marth or roy are in it yet for a fire emblem temple

GenG

Smash Lord
This is where the Fire Emblem castle in the trailer comes from:

This is the penultimate stage in the first Fire Emblem (Marth's), chapter 20. The red squared area is the actual scenario in the trailer: Mountains and forests surrounding the castle, and take a look at those catapults. The following stage (21) is the last one, inside that castle.

GenG

Smash Lord
That emblem doesn't belong to other game. It's also true that the emblem didn't existed before the Brawl trailer, but it pictures pretty well Medeus' "dragon-ish" army: Ruled by a dragon, using dragon as mounts.
The stage in the trailer seems to have both an outside and an inside. The last two levels in FE1 feature a battle outside and inside the castle. And the setup, if scaled to real life, it's exactly like the trailer's (there are even catapult/ballistas scattered all over the place. It's a decisive level in the FE history, not any castle.
I also think that this is in fact a rehashed version of the unseen Akaneia stage, that couldn't make it into Melee due to time constraints (Akaneia is the continent where Fire Emblem 1 and 3 takes place).
And well, it's Marth's.

secretweapon

Smash Apprentice
The stage levels should include:

Luigi's mansion
Bowser's castle
Mario tennis court
DK isle or Crystal caves from DK 64
A Bomberman stage
Inside of Samus's or Fox's ship
Inside of peach's Castle

Take out that Game & Watch level, Icicle Mountain, and Yoshi Story levels

icymatt

Smash Lord
GenG, that's what I call research. I am thoroughly convinced that the castle is indeed the one from FE1.

A-Laon

Smash Master
These stages definitely look pretty promising, and the aesthetics are remarkably sharp, but in the end,my only real hope is that most of the stages are actually playable. I don't feel like turning off 23 stages again.

NFR

Smash Rookie
I like to see safron city.
that would be nice to bring back. although, it wouldn't be legal because of the same reason to the ness stage (forgot the name) in which peach can left/right b near the bottom of the stage inbetween the two buildings, stalling the game.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay, new confirmed stages:

Mario Circuit

Yoshi's Island

Pokemon Stadium

Great Fox/Lylat Planetary Orbit

Shadow Moses/Alaska

Angel Land

primusfan

Smash Ace
All of those new stages look amazing. Can't wait to play on them. Especially the Angel Land stage. I'm guessing some stages will be more interactive than others as I noticed that the floating platforms in the Angel Land stage would break when they were hit.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think the orbital platform over Corneria is the Command mothership itself.

Angel Land is amazing. Take a look at that cloudy landscape.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
At 1:09 and at 1:20, Pit and Zamus respectively are running through a stage that looks different from any that screenshots have been posted of, and it definitely looks like the same stage shown at 1:53, which has an Atlas-esque statue. It could be my crappy monitor, but it definitely looks like the same Greco-Roman look or decor in the background of the first two shots I mentioned, which would have to be another stage of Pit's. I'm positive it's not Daein Castle.

Oh, and btw, Fox's new char design rocks. :grin:

GenG

Smash Lord
At 1:09 and at 1:20, Pit and Zamus respectively are running through a stage that looks different from any that screenshots have been posted of, and it definitely looks like the same stage shown at 1:53, which has an Atlas-esque statue. It could be my crappy monitor, but it definitely looks like the same Greco-Roman look or decor in the background of the first two shots I mentioned, which would have to be another stage of Pit's. I'm positive it's not Daein Castle.
The flag argument stands, take a look at the background and you will see the same flags from the Castle Siege (tentative Fire Emblem) stage. These two stages are related.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
The new stages all look good. I can't wait to play on Mario Circuit and Angel Land. My only question: are we sure that Shadow Moses/Alaska is actually a stage. From the screenshot up there, it looks to me like it could be a cut scene such as maybe from the game's opening or something. Also, didn't the early shots of Snake's stage make it look like it was more of an inside one?

GenG

Smash Lord
The new stages all look good. I can't wait to play on Mario Circuit and Angel Land. My only question: are we sure that Shadow Moses/Alaska is actually a stage. From the screenshot up there, it looks to me like it could be a cut scene such as maybe from the game's opening or something. Also, didn't the early shots of Snake's stage make it look like it was more of an inside one?
It's the same stage, I think you can walk inside or outside the bunker. It could be the new "giant structure" stage (like Temple in Melee).

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
a new hyrule temple would b nice
new ice climbers level
keep the fox s starship
keep fd
and have alot of past stages
some cooler samus levels
and ness levels

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The Mario Kart stage is awesome. I had imagined they'd use a Rainbow Road for that kind of stage but this just as good. Hopefully the RR theme will be an alternate track.

It's nice to see them finally acknowledge Yoshi's Island since it is probably the greatest platformer I've ever played. Love the season change. Can't wait to hear the YI theme orchestrated. O.O

I like how Pokemon stadium looks more like an actual stadium with all the skyscrapers around and not some crazy stadium in the sky.

The Star Fox level looks crazy awesome. Hard to tell what ship he's on, though, since they show the classic Great Fox in the background. It almost looks like the SFC Great Fox but...I don't think there're two.

Shadow Moses Island...is probably one of the coolest things ever...be interesting if you had to hide from the spotlight or else guards or missiles will come after you...

Angel Land looks awesome, too. No edge-grabbing...it's like a revolution...

That red precipiced castle is looking cool as well; love the flaming things flying around and the statues...

And the Halberd looks as awesome as ever. Hopefully they'll use Halfmoon as the song for this stage.

The new Battlefield-esque stage looks...kinda boring. I was hoping they'd stop with this whole "non-hazard" thing. Really, I don't want have to play that lame *** Final Destination everytime I wanna play online. If there're at least as many stages as there were in SSBM I wanna play all of them.

I'd love these stages to return, hopefully remade and with updated music:
Rainbow Ride
Great Bay
Fourside
PokeFloats
Yoshi's Island (from SSBM)
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

Now...I don't want that many, per se, since I'd rather have new stages but those're the ones I'd like them to pull from if they do put some past stages in.

And stuff.

Fader

Smash Cadet
Actually, I'm pretty sure Pokemon Stadium will be considered one of those "Past Stages". It'll be really cool if they pull a different one from SSB64.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Wow yeah I can't wait to see these levels and see all of them! The Hyrule one, the pokemon level. Wow its going to be insane! Why can't this game be launched with the Wii!!!!
cuz then we'd only have 8 stages and 11 characters... though that's not bad o.0 i'd buy it lol

f1reice

Smash Cadet
You missed one. I don't know precisely if it's a stage but at 2:01 in the video, it shows pikachu crawling on a snowy ground and it's not Snakes because there are no buildings in it...heh.

Also, I figured out something about the first stage. It changes time of day. (the sun and moon) neato. =)

later

EDIT: I also think they should keep the Starship. I mean, it's been in the past 2 games, why not stick it in the 3rd?? Not to mention, it is one of my favorite levels!! :D

Devastlian

Smash Lord
That looks like the Yoshi's Island stage in a winter mode to me. You can see the crayon effects and the backround changes when switching from summer to fall which explains the mountains.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Hum... I've been thinking about it, and really I wouldn't care too much about how they changed the stages, which they got rid of, or whatever new ones they have.

Yeah, it will be nice to have an actual change of scenery; but as long as they keep the essentials I wouldn't disown the game for bad stages.

All we really need is a good FD-esque stage--nice and flat for a true show of skill, a multiplatform stage to change things up (like Battlefield or Field of Dreams...)

and as much as you guys seem to disagree... there needs to be a good Hyrule stage. Something huge for an all-out brawl. Ya know, fitting for the title.

Hoenstly I think it's great to get knocked around like crazy. It's more of a challenge to find those sweet spots on the map where you bounce your opponent straight out.

Top Bottom