• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
We want to, but our camera sucks a**. I'm trying to save up enough money so we can record matches using a capture card. Or if anyone else has a capture card , that'd be nice, too. I don't know exactly what's involved in getting video footage with a capture card (do we need a computer there?), but I'll bring my camera over.

Also: KRAYZIEMEX, CHECK YOUR PMS!!!!!!

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Two things:
1) Maxx, I appreciate your rankings for power rankings support. However, another mod brought up, not this particular thread, but Sierra Vista's in the staffer shack. You are not to have power rankings support in threads; I asked SV to remove them and I have to ask you to as well. Rename your title of the thread as well as modify your first post; try to keep the first post to only describe your smashfests/tourneys. Thanks. :)
2) Mzero, try to limit your double posts lol. I'll have to warn you the next time you do that unless it is justified (like one of your posts bumping the thread which is sometimes understandable).

I guess I will go ahead and close the previous glendale thread. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and I need to play you banditos and the many players in AZ I haven't played before. I hope to host one of my signature Tucson tourneys soon. Be on the look out for it - it should be big enough to make it worth your time.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
So the first one is this Saturday?? Might be able to make it, no guarantees though. My friend just bought be like 100 dollars worth of ****... I'm a happy camper. Final Fantasy 3 DS! Woot!!!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Sure, man. Though you should try to make it. I'm trying to make this thing a success, but so far only a couple of people have shown interest. That makes me sad. But there's still a couple of days left, so it's still to early to tell.

krayziemex99

Smash Cadet
Sure, man. Though you should try to make it. I'm trying to make this thing a success, but so far only a couple of people have shown interest. That makes me sad. But there's still a couple of days left, so it's still to early to tell.
All i'm gonna say is full time work and full time school= ABSOLUTLEY NO LIFE AND SMASH TIME!!!! :(

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
Well, we got 9 mexicans right off the bat. I'll probablly be there. Butters and Hanki might come,Krayzie possibly and probablly Light and D4RK. 14 possibly.

krayziemex99

Smash Cadet
I'll actually REALLY try to go BUT even if i do go i probably won't be able to stay their the whole time cuz work starts at 230 for me so i would probably have to leave for work at 1:45ish

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
It's gonna be sweet. I'll get there around 11:45 (I go to school), so, yeah. I hope GoaT makes it to this, because my friend's laptop sucks and the bracket program is busted. Worst case scenario, we have a smashfest with the Banditos. Would anyone object to this being free of charge the first week, I mean, until this thing picks up speed. If you guys don't want to, that's fine, too. However, I would feel bad having people come without compensation. Though we could use the money to get some pizza and stuff. Tell me what you guys think.

Also, who can bring TV's and Cubes? It would be greatly appreaciated. My friend will have a Wii there if people get Smash Fatigue. Though we really need those TV's and Cubes.

see you there, guys!

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a T.V. but not a cube. It'll be a 13" TV so I'll bring it in case we have extra cubes or we can play the Wii on it or something.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's awesome, we need all the hardware we can get. I'll go ahead and set the Entry Fee at $4, in case nobody wants it to be free.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Change to my sched...

I work at the Post Office, and since December is the busiest time of the year for us (and tax season) my sched. changed a LOT.

Monday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; I'll be working from 2:00PM - 8:00PM. That's like...a few hours difference between classes and work. :(

Tuesday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; Same reasons as above.

Wednesday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; Same reasons as above.

Thursday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; Same reasons as above.

Friday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; Same reasons as above.

Saturday: DEFFINETLY NOT AVAILABLE; Same reasons as above.

Sunday: POSSIBLY AVAILABLE; This is my ONLY day off for the entire month of December. Mornings are out because of Church. And then this will be my only day to have band practices and hang out with my gf...but I might be able to work things out to Smash every now and then, but no promises.

Then after finals are over, I'll be working from 2:00PM - 10:00PM on the same days. x_x

Sorry if I've let anyone down. It sucks, 'cause I have no say in them adding these extra hours and extra day. But it's not all that bad, due to the fact that I'll be earning a lot more money that I really need at the moment.

But I think there shouldn't be any fees for a bit. Maybe after it picks up, but it could just be a friendly smash tourny.

So have fun guys! Can't wait to hear the results.

<3

krayziemex99

Smash Cadet
I would rather it be a smashfest and whoever brings money just get pizza and soda you know, stuff like that. See ya all tommorow

krayziemex99

Smash Cadet
Wow, it seems like not that many people are coming...

Well w/ finals and the holidays alot of peoples schedules are changing and what not so i think after school lets out for winter vacation is when alot of people will be able to have a little bit more smash time unless your like me and working full time then you get few opportunities to smash and just take whatever comes your way know what i'm saying?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I understand. Like I said, when things start picking up speed, we'll charge. For tomorrow, at least, we'll make it a free SmashFest. If you guys want some pizza and stuff, bring around 2-4 dollars if we get hungry. So, yeah, free SmashFest until we get movin'. Don't forget to bring some TV's and Cubes. Once again, I apologize if not a lot of people are going, but it's just temporary--we'll pick up speed, and Glendale Smash will be anew. Hope to see you guys there.

Vato's house is really easy to spot. It's exactly on the corner of 45th and Orangewood Ave. His is the house that has the Stop sign in his property--there also should be a garage door. If you see any white people, you've gone too far.

Butters: Due to short notice and this busy time of year, not many people have a chance to make it THIS week, but what part of AZ Smash can make it is going. Of course, it would be greatly appreciated if you and Hanki show up, but due to the circumstances--ie. the number of people and your living 100 miles away-- it would certainly be understood if you and Hanki do not come. Though I'd love for you to come. But if you don't, there is always next week.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
Ya Max, you summed up me and Hanki's situation. We wont be making it this week but we will try for other times. Good luck tomorrow

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Butters&Hanki: I still love you guys long time. Hopefully, then, I'll see you next week. At least, YOU'LL see me next week. I'll see you guys in my dreams TONIGHT.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
XD guys my mom didnt let me go because there was more mexicans than white people. She's like "If you make one of them mad they can all jump you" and stuff. Haha when more people start showing I'll probablly be able to make it.

krayziemex99

Smash Cadet
Well sorry for the no show i forgot i was on call and of course i got called into work BUT if you guys are having one next week I can DEFFINITLEY MAKE IT cuz i have that whole weekend off.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Results (if you can call them that) for Nov 25.

MZero: Actually, there were more white people than beaners there. So, yeah. Though I’m not sure if Light and Dark are white or not—they do seem ethnic to me, though. Also, not all Mexicans are violent, slang-speaking, that will harm you at the drop of a hat. And don’t you forget it , ese, or I’ll pop yo’ a$$, mang. Just kidding. But seriously, I’ll do it.

Light and Dark: I’d like to personally thank you guys for coming over. Regardless of how many people were there (just us), it was a fun time. I apologize for the lack of Glendale representation and the lack of a challenge to you guys, although Dark and I had some nail-biters. :teeth: D*** you SDs!!! However, I did my best to advertise the venue and had no control of who would show. Also, due to it being Thanksgiving weekend, many of the Banditos were either busy with their families or at work. I felt bad about leaving as I did—I’m sorry about leaving so hastily, however, I was almost late for work. Despite all of the things that went wrong at the Weekly, I hope to see you guys come more often, as your friendly attitudes and competition were very welcome. Thanks a ton for being there.

As you can probably already tell, only Light, Dark, and a fraction of the Banditos were there. Though a lot of things went awry, the Smashing was awesome. A quick summary: Light and Dark dominated while the Sex Train Banditos struggled to catch up. We did some doubles with myself and Omar against Light and Dark. Those were fun.

Anyway, the next Weekly is next Saturday at the same time. However, if there is to be a tournament, more people need to show up and show up on time. If only a few show again, we’ll have to make due with a SmashFest. I hope more people show next week.

So, who can make it next week?

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
MZero: Actually, there were more white people than beaners there. So, yeah. Though I’m not sure if Light and Dark are white or not—they do seem ethnic to me, though. Also, not all Mexicans are violent, slang-speaking, that will harm you at the drop of a hat. And don’t you forget it , ese, or I’ll pop yo’ a$$, mang. Just kidding. But seriously, I’ll do it.
haha yeah I know but my mom dosen't. lol

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I'll see what I can do to come and play next week. If you guys use a VCR to record the matches, I can put them on my computer with my capture card and then put them online.

Goat check your PMs if you see this.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
So... I'll be back in Phoenix next month... I'll probably go to these... often.

I will probably also bring VCR and stuff if people want it..

And since it will be several weeks before I can land a job, I'll play with anybody anytime.

Oh yeah, has anybody played Shane? I haven't heard anything from him in a while (Super saiyan shane, lol).

Edit: oh and sizzle, is it cool with you if I just pay you for the controller when I get back? This is going to sound like a horrible John but I live a long ways away from the nearest town out here and it would cost in gas (money that im trying to save) to go to town : /

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
So... I'll be back in Phoenix next month... I'll probably go to these... often.

I will probably also bring VCR and stuff if people want it..

And since it will be several weeks before I can land a job, I'll play with anybody anytime.

Oh yeah, has anybody played Shane? I haven't heard anything from him in a while (Super saiyan shane, lol).

Edit: oh and sizzle, is it cool with you if I just pay you for the controller when I get back? This is going to sound like a horrible John but I live a long ways away from the nearest town out here and it would cost in gas (money that im trying to save) to go to town : /
Yeah, I need some vids of myself for my combo vid. I might need ro use your VCR.

Top Bottom