• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Going to AZOne Jan. 6--DON'T BOTHER COMING. No one will be there.

HOWEVER! The STB will be having a SmashFest at Vato's House from 3ish to 10ish the Friday before AZOne. I know Goop is also having one, but if anyone wants to come, feel welcome.

If you need more information, PM me or call me @ 623.313.4364.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Hells yeah, son. Every Saturday--11:30 AM. It's Vato's house and I'm there pretty early. Mostly because I leave at 2:30 because of work. The Banditos are there, though. Not to mention Light and Dark. Good men.

I look forward to seeing you there. And by the way, nice job on the AZOne vids.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
im probably not going to make it, im going to watch a late movie tonight and probably wont get that much sleep before work or none at all, so im going to be tired after work tomorrow

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Been a while...

But yah, I'm back. My work sched. has full gone back to normal...and even though classes start Tuesday, I should be able to start going to these next week, if there is one. Exelyte should be able to go too, and I might be able to round up the Rook every now and then.

If there was one today, I hope it went well. And I hope to see you guys next week!

<3

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
It always goes well when Dark and Light come. But, yeah, the Weeklies resume next week. Feel free to come and bring as many people as you can. Finally, things can go back to normal.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Bump

I convinced another friend of mine to come this Saturday, he's roughly around Exelyte's and my own skill level but a newb to teh tourny/weekly scene. So more than likely it'll three of us coming...possibly a fourth.

1. Me
2. Exelyte
3. Fenix (he's my friend that I finally convinced to go to these, and he's a beaner)
4. Rook (possibly, he's in grad school soo he's crazy busy with studying)

See you all in a couple of days. Who else usually comes to these and who plans on showing up?

<3

wildwookie05

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn NYC but com from Mo' ****in' Glendale AZ
yeah man, Ive had a pretty... uh simultaneously really bad and really pretty good holiday but equally as busy as it was dichotomous in emotion. however with school starting I should be getting pretty regular with my schedule (and bowel movements). So yeah, basically it boils down to me being free for most Saturdays to come.

also, chris, if you wanna see Pan's Labyrinth this weekend?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, it went down.

Thanks a bunch to Love_Dove, Ex, and Manny(?). It was a fun time although I had to leave early (Like always--I gotta work.) But yeah, you guys got a lot better since last time I saw you guys. It was a nice experience to see you guys again.

Some bad news, though. This was Light and Dark's first time not coming. Are they dead? Just kidding, but we really did miss you guys. We hope to see you guys next week.

Yeah, the Glendale Weeklies are, by all means, still on every Saturday, although we are overshadowed by Sean's event. Even though it's on Sunday.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time on Sat, even though not that many people showed up. I heard from Exelyte that Omar(?) or somebody has been using Zelda and wanted to try her out against mine. That true? Maybe we can do that next time I'm over there. Speaking of which...

I won't be able to attend next weekend, sadly. I have a birthday lunch for my papa with him (obviously) and mama. But hopefully I can make the next one if I don't have too much work to do. I should be able to squeeze some Smash time in.

I'm not sure about Exelyte though, he might show up this weekend without me...I'll be sure to tell him to tell you what's up. And yah, our friend's name is Manny, and he may or may not be up to it.

Peace,

<3

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, no! Another Manny that isn't Goop? This cannot be, omg wtf Cage Match!!!
-Two Manny enter, One Manny leave-

I said this before, but I'll really try to make it to a weekly real soon. I might go this week. But then again it's equally as likely that I'll be coaxed into seeing "Disney On Ice" that evening with my GF. (Girlfriend that is... not my Gannondorf)

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Oh, no! Another Manny that isn't Goop? This cannot be, omg wtf Cage Match!!!
-Two Manny enter, One Manny leave-
Cage matches settle all and either way, it's one too Manny

...sorry, I just had to elaborate. x_x

And I guess I could refer to my Manny as "Fenix" though, to keep things simple. That's his old handle...

I said this before, but I'll really try to make it to a weekly real soon. I might go this week. But then again it's equally as likely that I'll be coaxed into seeing "Disney On Ice" that evening with my GF. (Girlfriend that is... not my Gannondorf)
I wonder what it would be like to take Ganondorf to Disney on Ice...

In any case, you should most defninetly try to show up the Saturday...after this one coming up. In plain english...the 3rd of February. I should be going to that one, and it would be fun to play you again.

<3

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, that would be cool. I might do that. Cuz Forward's tourney is gonna be happening during the super bowl. I'm not usually into football, but it's always a good excuse to eat a lot and have some fun. So the day before would work well.

And sure, I'd love *pun intended* to play you again as well. All I ever get to play around here in Tempe/Mesa is like Tony and Wobbles and stuff. They're just a bit too far above me in skill. (There's only so much you can improve while being repeatedly 4 stocked) So hopefully the glendale weeklies will have some good, but perhaps more mild, competition.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
BUMP For awesomeness, guys.

Where was everybody this week? I was sad. I almost cried, except I'm a man, so I didn't. But don't think it didn't cross my mind. Even Light and Dark didn't come--I hope they're not bored with us.

Anyway, The Sex Train Banditos will be there this Saturday as well, and the doors are open.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, Maxx, what time do you expect this week's weekly to start? 11:45 like the 1st page says? If so, I'll give you a 90% that I'll make it. :) Do you need a TV?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Not a lot of people show up. Light and Dark usually make it, and Love Dove and maybe Excelyte have expressed interest. If we've got TVs, however, we need cubes (all we got is one Wii and a GC), it would also be AWESOME if you could bring in something to record. I've got some tapes that weren't used at AZOne we could show-case our skills more thoroughly on the net. Sorry, I'm rambling--I'm excited for this week.

But yeah, I'd love to do a RR. I'm not expecting THAT many people as to make it inconvenient.

I might want to do this thing a little earlier maybe 10:30 ish? I'm not sure let me know what you think. I'm itching to play your Falco.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Earlier is better for me.

And yea! I'm eager to play my new character against as many people as possible. It'll be great!

Oh, and if I bring a TV, i'll bring my cube+smash too of course.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That'd be great. Is that a yes on the recording stuff? I'll be coming from school that Saturday, and I can't be carrying my VCR with me. Do you have anything to record? That would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I've got the tapes.

I'll go ahead and update the thread with the new time @ 10:30.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
My parents tricked me into believing that we were going to have a lunch for my papa's Birthday on Saturday at noon...but when I woke up for it, they told me they were gonna move it to Sunday. :urg:

So yah, sorry I didn't make it this past week. Kinda mad that I didn't go and actually had nothing going on...oh well, life goes on.

I'm really gonna try to make it this Saturday, and drag Exelyte with me. Possibly teh Fenix too...maybe...I'll even ask teh Rook again, but that is doubtful.

I'm gonna try my hardest to make it to as many of these as I can. Cause the only other thing I'd do around that time is sleep...so it's good for me to not sleep that long.

Anyways, hope to see y'all on Sat. I'll confirm with Ex to make sure who's coming...

<3

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My TV needs a VCR to plug the GC into anyway. I can bring a tape from home too. I would really like to get some footage of myself, as I've mentioned before. Not even to post, really, just to analyze my own game. So sure, that's a yes on the taping.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
*comfort, pant on the back* lol nah u dont suck... badly... j/k
nah we couldnt make it on saturday, my bro had SATs that day and didnt get out till like 1:10pm so it was kinda late.
also me and light will make this weekly coming up, hopefully i've improved on u guys. ive been getting some personal training with Forward :) lets see if it shows

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
SATs, huh? I still need to take those...

I look forward to seeing you Saturday. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, my schedule will open up more and I'll be able to stay longer.

On a more awesome note-- I JUST GOT MY WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to ditch part of school to do so, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to play it. I know what you're thinking: "Beaners never get their **** on time; it's been out for months!", but I don't care--I'm excited.

Anyway, see you Saturday.

gyroid

Smash Rookie
K, so are the tournaments still being held at 4504 W. Orangewood Ave. On saturdays?

gyroid

Smash Rookie
careful not to play with it too much, you might end up smashing your wii

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey, if its a Round Robin, then its ok if i show a little late right? cause i dont get off work till like 11:00pm, and then i gotta get home and stuff and i can be there at your place around 12

hey Sizzle. i need some help with my controller...
my A button started to stick so i took it apart and stuff and see if i could make it unsticky and well i cant put it back together, i cant fit the caseing back on really. so i was wondering if u could fix it at the weekly or something like take the plastic part of my other new controller and replace it so the A button works better, maybe even paint it if it works still?

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Had fun today! It was good to see Light, Dark, and AltF4 again. It's been too long.

Probably can't come next week, just a heads up. I'll be getting my truck fixed up some more, that's why I had to leave so sudden today. Plus I'm going to Tucson Saturday night.

Oh and also, Exelyte left his non-working controller over there. He left it by the sub-woofer I think...you can do what you want with it. Scrap it, sell the parts and make a hundred bucks or whatever. :laugh:

But again, it was fun playin' y'all. Hope to see you guys again soon.

<3

wildwookie05

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn NYC but com from Mo' ****in' Glendale AZ
dont know what love is talking about, that controller is my launch day pack in cube controller and holds significant emotional value to me. I have been cutting 4 inch gashes in my left arm like michael biehn in "The Abyss" every day since I forgot it (oh yeah, might not make it to the next weekly cos of blood loss)

but srsly, ill prolly pick it up next week, if it hasnt already been disposed of, if it has, no biggie.

also, thanks for the complements g-mo, im still working on my c-cap, was a little off last week but ive done some tweaking since then. Nice seeing dark and light there too, you guys kick ***. Also dan, we didnt play I dont think, but feel the mutual pain of being non-consensually f***ed by g-mo's falco.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Good times. Thanks for the kind words, Ex. I look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Also, after my work schedule changes, I'll have Saturdays off so we can have full-fledged, hardcore tournaments every Saturday and give Glendale a voice in AZ. I look forward to that. If nothing else, at least we can have the Glendale/Surprise Rankings updated, or something. Read the first post again and tell me what you think. Though the new tournaments will be serious, I think they should still be free.

Top Bottom