• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

CHUK

Smash Ace
noone really cares if you quit only if you retire cuz u have to be good to retire.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
well...to retire isn't quiting....even if you suck....you just have to be in the smash scene at least for a while. Ya jerk!

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
You haven't seen the second half yet? lol

It's infinately times better than the first IMO
Yeah, Oscar explained to us how the first one was simply action packed and was most likely made for the sole purpose of hooking/confusing us.

The second one actually tells us something.

He likened it to Kill Bill 1 and 2.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Won't we still be able to head back to Vat-Zero's house and begin the first Annual Saturday Night Movie Madness?

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Oscar explained to us how the first one was simply action packed and was most likely made for the sole purpose of hooking/confusing us.

That's exactly what I thought too. The Kill Bill thing.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

Minus the fact that Kill Bill Volume 1 had dialogue I could understand. And had Chiaki Kuriyama.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
If one has the ability to see symbols of significance, then one can unveil a plot. I saw Karas like 3 times before I caught any stuff that can help my mind follow whats going on....well... I also think Jake is right, I believe we might have time to watch some flicks after the showdown. Good Times. :)

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
If one has the ability to see symbols of significance, then one can unveil a plot. I saw Karas like 3 times before I caught any stuff that can help my mind follow whats going on....well... I also think Jake is right, I believe we might have time to watch some flicks after the showdown. Good Times. :)
Now thats what I'm talkin' bout.

Hey Tai you need a ride to McDonalds?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
We're gonna go to OC3 , then go to Sast! , Then dominate Devastation Beyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I agree there, Jake. It doesn't look like it will be as competitive as Melee because there is no way of canceling lag, but that doesn't detract from the great times that are had when playing that game.

Sonic is too good.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
I think it will be casually competitive (ie. getting better and trying to pwn each other just for fun, not for money)

Which is good enough for me. Anyways I joined a site for rankings here: http://smashbrawlrankings.com/

We need more reps for AZ, we only got like 2 including me. It would be nice if you guys would help me own it up come March 9th =)

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
I agree there, Jake. It doesn't look like it will be as competitive as Melee because there is no way of canceling lag, but that doesn't detract from the great times that are had when playing that game.

Sonic is too good.
So you played brawl already?

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Results for today's : TCB Presents "Untitled Friday Night Singles Tournament.

It was a great evening with a great turn-out from people across the US.

Hope to see you all again the next friday after next friday.

1: Ka
2: Toro
3: maXXXpower
4: ABIDE
5: ****
5: Vat-Zero
7: Fonz
7: Q2BL
8: Kid A

Corigames

Smash Hero
Does Vat-Zero talk in 3rd person so it sounds like more people are talking about him? Its gotten me a few times :p

Anyway, I just want to know how many people in STB are going to Devastation and if anyone in particular wanted to play me, because I'm kinda iffy about going right now. I signed up already... but I'm just not feeling it. Ya know?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I'll play you. You should come even if it is just to hang out with STB. Even if we don't enter. (I hear it's like 30 bucks) We'll be smashing all day.

Edit: Yeah, Vat- Zero speaks in 3rd person about himself.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Corey:

I'm going. So is Coty and Rob.

EDIT:

You know what your problem is, Light? You have a very low post count. Everybody knows that post count = skill.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
About how many people are there?

Edit: Nevermind I think I misread G-Mo's post, unless people are going to be at the usual STB hangout.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
We should be there until 3 PM. If the venue turns out to be gay, I think we'll be back. 30 dollars for a tourney is less than desirable.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
You gave Brandon a good run for his money, Ka. We gotta play some time again.

Oh, and next time, Dark.... next time.... (So close... epic 3 game, last stock, high percent set.)

Top Bottom