• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
Well since you hear about all kinds of people retiring and don't know why they do, you obviously havent been to that point in smash where you just don't care anymore. Trust me it happens to a lot of people. It doesn't matter how good you are. You just don't care anymore and dont want to play. Of course people get better all the time if they keep playing. But I'm sure you agree that some people just naturally get better faster than other people. Maybe Ka is good. But I'll tell you right now that anyone that just started this game and seems really good isnt a natural. This game has been out for years and everything has been exploited. There is no unique style anymore. Everything is just copied from watching videos of other people playing. Theres no skill in watching a video. Skill is creating your own combos and its too late for that now. Every combo has been done and is on a video online somewhere. That is why I'm so excited that Brawl is upon us. I know you mean no disrespect when you talk to me, and I feel none, you just dont understand why I think my friends and I are so unique. We learn very quickly and make up our own combos. And Timmy isn't even one of the original naturals I played with! It took him a really long time to get as good as I was. But I'm glad I will be able to prove it with Brawl. It's an even playing field and everyone can try to prove themselves. It's all love man don't think that I'm mad at all when I'm saying these things.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Well since you hear about all kinds of people retiring and don't know why they do, you obviously havent been to that point in smash where you just don't care anymore. Trust me it happens to a lot of people. It doesn't matter how good you are. You just don't care anymore and dont want to play. Of course people get better all the time if they keep playing. But I'm sure you agree that some people just naturally get better faster than other people. Maybe Ka is good. But I'll tell you right now that anyone that just started this game and seems really good isnt a natural. This game has been out for years and everything has been exploited. There is no unique style anymore. Everything is just copied from watching videos of other people playing. Theres no skill in watching a video. Skill is creating your own combos and its too late for that now. Every combo has been done and is on a video online somewhere. That is why I'm so excited that Brawl is upon us. I know you mean no disrespect when you talk to me, and I feel none, you just dont understand why I think my friends and I are so unique. We learn very quickly and make up our own combos. And Timmy isn't even one of the original naturals I played with! It took him a really long time to get as good as I was. But I'm glad I will be able to prove it with Brawl. It's an even playing field and everyone can try to prove themselves. It's all love man don't think that I'm mad at all when I'm saying these things.
Shane knows his ****, listen to him. I learned most of what I knew from Tim and Brandon. At my prime I was making the bracket at MLG's, and keeping up with a lot of DBR, Sean, Tony etc with puff. After that...I just didn't care about the game. It got old and repetitive, hell even Tony quit now. So Ka I understand your decisions to stop lay and you still have my respect as a player and a person for this decision. That is all. Peace.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff players are way too ****ing nice.

So, it turns out I don't work at 8 today. I work from 3:45 TO 8. Hmmm. I'll be there for as long as I can, and then I'll be back around 8 if anybody will still be there.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
you ****ers need to stop talking about how youve retired, like literally, no one cares, nobody here is magic johnson sayin hes out of the nba, because when he left, he didnt come back, know why? because he retired. Unless your michael ****ing jordan nobody here is ever "coming out of retirement" your just going to less tournaments, and when you do go to them you use this retirement bull**** as a the dumbest ****ing john in the world john (dont deny it because you pricks do) no one needs to you to "explain yourself" your doing that for yourself and no one else. Stop ****ing discrediting peoples wins over you, its not their fault you slowed down, so dont do this passive aggresive "man i was so much better in my prime"to make their victory feel hollow, if your guys are such uber, ive been around since the ****ing dinosaurs smash pioneers, you can stop sucking each others balls, accept your losses like men, say good ****, shake hands and no matter how you feel, keep it to yourself and walk out with your head a little high instead of being such a prissy *****. Honestly if you guys had a little pride we would already know you guys did **** in your prime, and wed respect that, and wed tell newer players about what you guys were, but instead you shove it down everyones throats and you get no respect for it, and you dont deserve it.

and btw

"There is no unique style anymore"
not true, douchy

"Skill is creating your own combos and its too late for that now."

super douchy

sometimes i miss half of you, max, vato, bryan, i miss the **** outta you brad, who woulda thought we would end up bein chill? <333 brawl sux LOLZ itd be cool playin wit u guys sometimes, little curious about all the young guns too, ****ers will prolly hand me my *** lolz, if anyone ever wants to get all the peeps together, new bloods, old stb, brad and greg, thatd be tight, im not on the boards much, usually just these saturday mornings with a sick nasty hangover, so text me if somethin cools comin up, peeese mengs

ps

i lost to corey games cuz hes better than me :p good **** casper

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
In sadness I couldn't be there today, but I enjoyed yesterday. I had an awesome time playing. Bears Eat Beets forever adn all day! But, I heard some rumors or news that Brawl may be pushed back again. If someone please could save the situation and say I'm wrong I'd be grateful.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
you ****ers need to stop talking about how youve retired, like literally, no one cares, nobody here is magic johnson sayin hes out of the nba, because when he left, he didnt come back, know why? because he retired. Unless your michael ****ing jordan nobody here is ever "coming out of retirement" your just going to less tournaments, and when you do go to them you use this retirement bull**** as a the dumbest ****ing john in the world john (dont deny it because you pricks do) no one needs to you to "explain yourself" your doing that for yourself and no one else. Stop ****ing discrediting peoples wins over you, its not their fault you slowed down, so dont do this passive aggresive "man i was so much better in my prime"to make their victory feel hollow, if your guys are such uber, ive been around since the ****ing dinosaurs smash pioneers, you can stop sucking each others balls, accept your losses like men, say good ****, shake hands and no matter how you feel, keep it to yourself and walk out with your head a little high instead of being such a prissy *****. Honestly if you guys had a little pride we would already know you guys did **** in your prime, and wed respect that, and wed tell newer players about what you guys were, but instead you shove it down everyones throats and you get no respect for it, and you dont deserve it.

and btw

"There is no unique style anymore"
not true, douchy

"Skill is creating your own combos and its too late for that now."

super douchy

sometimes i miss half of you, max, vato, bryan, i miss the **** outta you brad, who woulda thought we would end up bein chill? <333 brawl sux LOLZ itd be cool playin wit u guys sometimes, little curious about all the young guns too, ****ers will prolly hand me my *** lolz, if anyone ever wants to get all the peeps together, new bloods, old stb, brad and greg, thatd be tight, im not on the boards much, usually just these saturday mornings with a sick nasty hangover, so text me if somethin cools comin up, peeese mengs

I agree. Butters knows what he's talking about. Take that Chaos Theory!!:laugh:

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
I don't even know who Butters is. And I've been around for a while. So since I don't know you, you're nothing. Don't interupt while grown folk are talking, little guy. That is all ;)

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know who Butters is. And I've been around for a while. So since I don't know you, you're nothing. Don't interupt while grown folk are talking, little guy. That is all ;)
Keep your ego in that ***gity *** hair ms. metro. Last time we played i can specifically remember beating you, really bad, alot, and uhh what was it? not losing a single game to you? once? at all? I remember you saying cute things like how you could blame my skill on youtube (even tho sean was the one that taught me space animals, tard) i remember the *****ing, the whining, and you were trying, yes you were, no it wasnt mlg Anaheim, but you didnt like losing to me, at all. The funny thing was i wasnt trying too hard myself, i though it was funny how you were so out of the metagame, and how easy you were to read. See now thats funny, because i think you said something along these lines:

you're nothing
Seeing that YOU lost to ME(alot), I think that makes you less than nothing...LOLWTF

Now the really funny thing is if you were any other smasher this argument would end, i wtf pwned your ***, and you don't have room to talk. But no, only in AZ do we have ****ers like you who in spite of what you just read, despite the fact youve been around since no johns was started, your going to ***** about being out of practice, or how you didnt care. Your going to pull that "don't back talk me son, i was good at this game once" card. Don't give me that grown folk bull**** either, ive payed my dues. O and to top this **** off my original post stands, you people need to stop being such prissy *****es. :p

PS

No johns

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I agree. Butters knows what he's talking about. Take that Chaos Theory!!:laugh:
?...All I said was that Shane is right, and that I have respect for Ka....so what exactly am I taking?

And on defense of Butters he is a ****ing good player. He reminds me alot of sean..mostly cuz thats who he learned from. I don't understand all the hate. AZ is too good period. nothing else needs to be said.

(on a completely other note for everyone who doesnt know the only reason I keep the corey butters money match thing in my sig is a running joke to make fun of the whole ordeal. Its not serious at all)

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

The funny thing was i wasnt trying too hard myself, i though it was funny how you were so out of the metagame, and how easy you were to read. See now thats funny, because i think you said something along these lines:

Seeing that YOU lost to ME(alot), I think that makes you less than nothing...LOLWTF
You gonna bark all day little doggies?

Or are you gonna bite?

Knightmare

Smash Cadet
:O Oh my! I'm getting personal attacks from a little nerd boy! :D I'm happy to let you vent on me without getting upset. I'm glad little nerds like you get to use the internet to show how big and bad you are so they don't have to shoot up schools as much now. I'd personally attack you back if you were even important enough for me to remember but sadly you aren't so you get a break little guy. I'm not thirsty for your tears anyway. I'm glad you feel accomplished you could beat me when I hadn't played for months. You're awesome! :D If I was saying all that stuff and you heard me say it, why wouldnt you comfront me right then and there? I understand though buddy. Babies feel safer behind their moniters. I'd say you have my respect because you can insult me and it's funny, but the fact you have to say this kind of stuff on forums just makes you a scared little girl. Honestly man I'm not arguing and I'm not mad at all! I love everyone in the AZ smash scene! We are one! ;)

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Butters is a nerd? But he's STB? He *****. Butters is like Forward's student. Who are you Shane?

"Knightmare your wack attack."
-ABIDE

"You didn't get worse, everyone just got better"
-Tai

* Ka holding Pearl, the smash playing cat ( who is a snow white beauty) " You're nothing"

Honestly man I'm not arguing and I'm not mad at all! I love everyone in the AZ smash scene! We are one! ;)

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
:O Oh my! I'm getting personal attacks from a little nerd boy! :D I'm happy to let you vent on me without getting upset. I'm glad little nerds like you get to use the internet to show how big and bad you are so they don't have to shoot up schools as much now. I'd personally attack you back if you were even important enough for me to remember but sadly you aren't so you get a break little guy. I'm not thirsty for your tears anyway. I'm glad you feel accomplished you could beat me when I hadn't played for months. You're awesome! :D If I was saying all that stuff and you heard me say it, why wouldnt you comfront me right then and there? I understand though buddy. Babies feel safer behind their moniters. I'd say you have my respect because you can insult me and it's funny, but the fact you have to say this kind of stuff on forums just makes you a scared little girl. Honestly man I'm not arguing and I'm not mad at all! I love everyone in the AZ smash scene! We are one! ;)
Correction pal. I did call you out at the tourney, we actually argued for liek 10 mins about this ridiculous old vs new garbage, so don't tell me i sat there all spineless, and you can stop with the little nerd comments bro, im sorry everyone doesnt dress in those cute little shirts you wear to look a tad bigger, your calling me a nerd when you feel you need to even bother with your precious ****ing time on these boards hypocrite. I havent been to a tourney since gamers in tuscon, i dont have a ****ing clue when that was but all i can rember was it was warm and it was last year. So in conclusion:

If I was saying all that stuff and you heard me say it, why wouldnt you comfront me right then and there?
i did

and

I'm glad you feel accomplished you could beat me when I hadn't played for months. You're awesome! :D

Butters 000 said:
But no, only in AZ do we have ****ers like you who in spite of what you just read, despite the fact youve been around since no johns was started, your going to ***** about being out of practice, or how you didnt care.
JOHNS

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooo..............

STB: G-MO said he has off next Friday how abouts ya'll come over next Friday to my place, it'll be fun

Oh and Dark "The *******" plus the Brad "The Boy Wonder" are also invited, plus everyone else actually.

I really could've just said everyone is invited but I wanted to call Greg a ******* since he didn't give me a ride today.

You *******.

PS - Oh and now that I think about it Greg and Brad kinda are like Batman and Robin. Greg always wheres black after all. Or maybe they are like power rangers since they are always wearing their colors.

That would be cool one day to see them go into corner outta sight from everyone and be like,

"ITS MORPHIN TIME!!!!"

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Sooooooo..............

STB: G-MO said he has off next Friday how abouts ya'll come over next Friday to my place, it'll be fun

Oh and Dark "The *******" plus the Brad "The Boy Wonder" are also invited, plus everyone else actually.

I really could've just said everyone is invited but I wanted to call Greg a ******* since he didn't give me a ride today.

You *******.

PS - Oh and now that I think about it Greg and Brad kinda are like Batman and Robin. Greg always wheres black after all. Or maybe they are like power rangers since they are always wearing their colors.

That would be cool one day to see them go into corner outta sight from everyone and be like,

"ITS MORPHIN TIME!!!!"
Light really wanted his $75 of store credit.

<_< I'll be there this Friday this time.

Oh, and if anyone has Brawl, could you please bring it? Infinite lulz and ten thousand internets will be brought to you if you do. =]

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

ps

i lost to corey games cuz hes better than me :p good **** casper
Yeah, man. We'd love to have you anytime you feel up to coming. Just say the word, and we'll set something up. It's been way too long.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahhh, the STB thread. A reliable source of internet drama.

Trent: You're right. Butters IS a lot like Sean. If you recall, one of Sean's hobbies is to go onto the boards and flame a bunch of people randomly to get a rise out of them. He doesn't even mean the stuff he says. Butters is just going through a teenage angst phase, let him be.

Shane: You and Tim were my first real introduction to competitive smash. Well, technically Tony was. But Tony introduces people to smash in much the same way that a shark introduces tuna to the digestive cycle. Anyway, I hope to see you around for Brawl, and I certainly hope the game can be played competitively at all.

Butters: I give you rides, you have to be nice.

Everyone: Need to plaaaay some more. Everyone should come to Goop's Friday. Everyone.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord

Trent: You're right. Butters IS a lot like Sean. If you recall, one of Sean's hobbies is to go onto the boards and flame a bunch of people randomly to get a rise out of them. He doesn't even mean the stuff he says. Butters is just going through a teenage angst phase, let him be.

Shane: You and Tim were my first real introduction to competitive smash. Well, technically Tony was. But Tony introduces people to smash in much the same way that a shark introduces tuna to the digestive cycle. Anyway, I hope to see you around for Brawl, and I certainly hope the game can be played competitively at all.

Everyone: Need to plaaaay some more. Everyone should come to Goop's Friday. Everyone.

But Brawl is coming out in less than two weeks.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

**** you, Dan. ha

Corigames

Smash Hero
Unknown to most posters, Vat-Zero talks to himself so that it appears more people agree with him. Let's listen in...

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up for this Friday.

Since I got three other roommates now and I don't want them to feel uncomfortable about people they don't know digging in our cabinets I am going to put the food and drinks you guys can have for the tourney on the kitchen counter, so please don't go digging in cabinets (or my minifridge) for food anymore, since the food and drinks for ya'll will be on the counter.

Thankkkkkkkkkkssssssssss

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Just a heads up for this Friday.

Since I got three other roommates now and I don't want them to feel uncomfortable about people they don't know digging in our cabinets I am going to put the food and drinks you guys can have for the tourney on the kitchen counter, so please don't go digging in cabinets (or my minifridge) for food anymore, since the food and drinks for ya'll will be on the counter.

Thankkkkkkkkkkssssssssss
What if we want cold drinks? :(

Silly Goop.. putting food on the counter doesn't prevent Dark from digging in your cabinets and fridge regardless.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Everybody MAN UP!!!!! and go to Goops Friday!!!!!!!!!!! He has a heart pure as gold and a soul cold as ice.

Top Bottom