• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

unreon

Smash Ace
http://www.versuscity.net/2009/02/26/street-fighter-4-power-players/ said:
These are the top 20 ranked arcade players in Japan in Street Fighter 4, as of Feburary 26, 2009. Rankings are done by Battle Points, and hopefully are as accurate as possible, since the data was taken at midnight (after most arcades close). The data was taken from the official Street Fighter 4 mobile site, where players can track their progress as well as the progress of other players.

★Power 20★
1. Umehara (Ryu) - 169,720
2. Ojisanboi (Sagat) - 154,043
3. Mago (Sagat) - 151,615
4. RF (Sagat) - 137,765
5. Tokidokinukinkusu (Chun) - 115,778
6. Shiro (Abel) - 109,560
7. Nemo (Chun) - 105,285
8. Radiowave (Sagat) - 90,180
9. Iyo (Dhalsim) - 90,121
10. Maakun (Sagat) - 87,179
11. Bouya (Zangief) - 86,759
12. Dragonboy (Ryu) - 85,590
13. Dragonboy (Ken) - 79,081
14. Uryo (C.Viper) - 77,399
15. Toki no Tobira (Balrog) - 77,351
16. Momochi (Ryu) - 77,142
17. AOI (Sagat) - 76,727
18. Aojiru Guile (Balrog) - 76,062
19. Katsuo (Sagat) - 75,612
20. 74 (Akuma) - 74,729

The next list is an interesting one, and one that I haven’t personally seen anywhere else. This is the list of top winning streaks in Street Fighter 4 in Japan. Have you seen the Guinness article about a UK kid getting the record? Apparently he got the record with 108 wins in four hours. Well, that kid is going to be in for a rude awakening when he sees these stats, because his 108 wins doesn’t even come close to the 10th place guy on this list.

★Top 10 Streaks★
1. Fujisabi★ (M.Bison) - 357 Wins
2. ↑↑↓↓←→←←ΒA (Blanka) - 336 Wins
3. ↑↑↓↓←→←←ΒA (Sagat) - 246 Wins
4. Aya (Akuma) - 244 Wins
5. RF (Sagat) - 240 Wins
6. ↑↑↓↓←→←←ΒA (Rufus) - 209 Wins
7. Shun (Sagat) - 209 Wins
8. sako (C.Viper) - 197 Wins
9. KUKURU (Chun) - 176 Wins
10. MOV (Ken) - 169 Wins
Looks like Daigo Umehara is still king. weeeee

Cue watching vids of Shiro to help my Abel. Watch as half of Australia picks up Sagat.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Watch out for August. Couch Warriors' first official Annual event will be there, as well as Melbourne's long overdue Major. The successor to Rambo will be aptly titled 'Rocky.'

All of Melbourne will be ready to take you on in SF4 by then, Sydney vs Melbourne Smashers in SF4 armies, plox.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nowhere lol, unless you verse someone who doesn't know how to block and jump.

Your Sydney versus Melbourne is totally inaccurate.

More like Sydney and Melbourne versus Queensland.

Prepare to lose. I'll even come to Melbourne if you have a Street Fighter 4 tourney.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i once beat this kid at street fighter 4 at an arcade once
i think

i think it was sf4..
i think i won..

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
mindgames son.. mashing is unpredictable @____@ =P

i wanna play sf4.. dont think ive truely sat down and played it.

mains would probably be bison or zangief.. unless theres that masked girl wrestler or someother new hot girl =P

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
God online was sucking worse then Brawl online. so much lag couldnt get my Dan on.

And no Arrow Rainbow Mika isnt in it

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Worse than Brawl online? Is that even... possible? D:

I haven't really sat down and played SFIV properly myself, but I have to say Gen looks interesting...

Sieg

Smash Champion
Was you playing the americans Billy Bob?

Wait till I get mine and we should be fine.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
How far will mashing buttons and spamming haduken get me?
2. Ojisanboi (Sagat) - 154,043

Possibly that far. I watched some of his matches and all that really happened was;
Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot, Tiger Shot.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Way to know my own PSN name. >.<

Jason can you fix mine so it's "PK-Meteor", rather than "PK Meteor". It was my error, sorry.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Name: Simon O'Connor
Alias: Kulla
Version: 360
Gamertag: Kulla
Mains: Akuma, Viper

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol that makes 3 with it on 360.
so sad :(
defiled, I should come to your place and play this with you sometime, I need to get not suck

Vermy

Smash Champion
I may have some good news for this thread and those loyal to all things SF.

I work at Playtime Entertainment Highpoint. (For those who don't know, its a video game arcade).
We have a fair number of hardcore SF players who come in regularly only to beat up random noobs who don't know what a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku is.
Anywho, I had a chat with my state manager today and he may allow me to advertise tournaments for Brawl. If you want, I can make flyers and add SF3 and SF4 to the roster. If its approved, I suggest perhaps adding a registration fee to compensate for the use of your equipment/game time.

Have a think about it and let me know what you think.
=)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Borrowed it out today while waiting for my copy.

First impressions are that it's very easy to play holds with analog, which is good.

Online is easy too, most people are noobs who have no idea how to combo. All it is is either someone playing Sagat and tiger shotting or someone playing Ken and Shoryukening.

I really can't wait for my copy now lol.

unreon

Smash Ace
Sieg, good games today.

Sorry I didn't stick around longer but I couldn't tolerate the lag anymore >< Seriously I'd watch you boxer straight punch from the middle of the screen, and it wouldn't let me block it =( At least my Sim actually DID something, Ultra to teleport to double long arms was cute s2

And when I missed the last step in FADC to cr. fierce to ultra I seriously lost it lol "RAHHHH WHY WON'T YOU READ MY INPUTS"

HAHA good games nonetheless I hate blankas omg they're so annoyings.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Awesome games, except it wasnt me lol.

You must've been vsing someone else, because Ryan and Nick were *****ing about how boring it was watching the network vs screen, so we went back to unlock characters haha.

I will verse you soon though lol. Once these two stop *****ing about slow vs times.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
hey michael... your gonna have to re unlock and do everything again on your American copy. The American disk wont read your PAL save data

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I got this game a couple of days ago, pretty **** good game
anyways if you read this unreon can you plz update the op, my mains are ryu and fei long (go Bruce Lee)

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
I have Xbox version so I can verse Cuted Cao... when I renew my gold membership for Live.
I main Sakura and maybe Ryu, when I unlock all the other characters I'll see which ones are awsome.

Top Bottom