• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Hey, whats up? I'm from Nogales and I've been wanting to play people from other places, are there any tournys going on anytime soon?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah...I was talking to omnigamer about it and he said ranking threads like mine cause too much tension and hostility amongst communities, thus he closing it. Oh well...

Mr J...you and vect and whoever else should come down this weekend on sunday if you can... don't back out this time lol.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Hey, whats up? I'm from Nogales and I've been wanting to play people from other places, are there any tournys going on anytime soon?

Theres will be a league play all through the month of November a lot of great prizes to win, Sierra Vista is close to Nogalas and we play often down here so why dont you let us know when your available.

Yeah i double posted and....................

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Theres will be a league play all through the month of November a lot of great prizes to win, Sierra Vista is close to Nogalas and we play often down here so why dont you let us know when your available.

Yeah i double posted and....................

Cool, I'm available on weekends, and I could ask some of my friends who play smash to come along. So, do you have like a schedule or dates for the league?

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
It starts the first week of Nov. entry fee $10 ummmm theres more details but i have to find them. If you wanna play before that down here thats cool to. We try to play every weekend so if you want more details than that you should give me a call its easier to explain things better. 520-559-5514 the names Anthony.

navillus

Smash Apprentice
me and wolverine are free this saturday... i think thats tomorrow.......haha (has no idea what year it is)..................... just let us know the details......

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
If you guys wanna make the Drive to S.V. thats cool you can come and play with me and some friends of mine. Post again if your interested than ill give you directions

Smash night at Seans house today come i have some Doc punishment for Vec and evryone else

navillus

Smash Apprentice
u know what.....i am geographically challenged...or just stupid... i had no idea sv was like 2 1/2 hours away... sorry guys maybe for a tourney but not regularly... ****! need to play some good people!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
First off, I don chicken out of any match. We had transportation problems. Mr J. was sick apparently. Second Mr. J, League play does not start the first week of November. It starts in November but not the first week. You can't give out info unless I give it to you. I am running the league remember. Third. Mr. J. bring the Mario or whatever character you have it will only make me want to murder it more.

yea we will try and make it tonight. k.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Priest when did you start posting again. Ha.
Mr. J thinks he knows everything.
Nobody can beat my new character...j/k.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I think SV is beginning to lose players that play. The Turnup is getting more busy, Mr. J, can't be heard of and many of the smashers that play are withering away. More will prolly be found but we need to find them soon. Where is everybody?

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Yeah we do have to work to make a living and we'll be around to play when the time is right which is in Nov. plus wheres those fliers you've been working on. It's a good way to get the word out and i do have a lot of gamers in my computer class, so get those things finished up.

No. 9

Smash Rookie
It starts the first week of Nov. entry fee $10 ummmm theres more details but i have to find them. If you wanna play before that down here thats cool to. We try to play every weekend so if you want more details than that you should give me a call its easier to explain things better. 520-559-5514 the names Anthony.

cool, thanks for the info, i'm already convincing my friends to come, some of them already agreed, do you have a myspace or msn?...oh...and i'm Hector. We should play before November.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Don't wrry Vect...i'm sitll here. Besides I'm just waitin for the league to start. in the mean time, i think i'll start some more hard core training. its been awile since i did that.

oh, i can't go on sunday, jus so u know. yeah...

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
cool, thanks for the info, i'm already convincing my friends to come, some of them already agreed, do you have a myspace or msn?...oh...and i'm Hector. We should play before November.

Sounds good to me and we should play before that like i said make some time to play and im pretty much always willing to get down on smash. The drive isnt that far it's right next to Sonoita and Patagonia.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
That is right everybody start posting about stuff, that you aren't sure of. It's ok. Ummmm, Mr. J I will have the fliers ready for you to pass out nex week. I will have Blacknight make nice copies like he did for me at the Buena High School tournament, which will be happening again this year. I will show up as a guest but it will be down to Priest Revan, Blacknight or Charcoal, who wins the school tourney this year.

No. 9, if you call Mr. J, make sure he has you give me a call. There will be some info he tells you that is wrong, so make sure you call me if you have questions.

Mr. J. knows much about the league but he can't know ALL of the details cuz ............ well, he's not the one running it. So if you have questions give me a call 520-220-6645 or jus post something here.

****, it's almost November, I better start buying more stuff for it!

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Sounds good to me and we should play before that like i said make some time to play and im pretty much always willing to get down on smash. The drive isnt that far it's right next to Sonoita and Patagonia.
Hey Mr. J, I think I'm going this weekend, my friends have to do something over there, I've been to SV before, but I don't Know the place much. Where do you guys usually play? Maybe I can get my friends to get me there .Oh, and do you have MSN or a Myspace?

That is right everybody start posting about stuff, that you aren't sure of. It's ok. Ummmm, Mr. J I will have the fliers ready for you to pass out nex week. I will have Blacknight make nice copies like he did for me at the Buena High School tournament, which will be happening again this year. I will show up as a guest but it will be down to Priest Revan, Blacknight or Charcoal, who wins the school tourney this year.

No. 9, if you call Mr. J, make sure he has you give me a call. There will be some info he tells you that is wrong, so make sure you call me if you have questions.

Mr. J. knows much about the league but he can't know ALL of the details cuz ............ well, he's not the one running it. So if you have questions give me a call 520-220-6645 or jus post something here.

****, it's almost November, I better start buying more stuff for it!
Hey V3ctorMan, my cell phone isn't working right now, so do you have MSN or a Myspace? so you can tell me the details about the League.

Later.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Dont have MSN or my space but maybe VEc does just chech this thread often. Yeah this weekend sounds good ill give you directions when you give me an exact day you"ll be coming. Do you a phone at all? We'll play at my Friend Seans house.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
What up everybody, Hope my new sig is cool to you all. Ummmm, mr. J. if we can play this weekend that would be great. Ummmm. Yes, No 9. I do have a myspace and I do have an msn. Email is l4wdl-v3ctorman@hotmail.com. jus send an email or something. We can prolly play this weekend. Flyers will be ready soon I hope. Carlton, Smash vid is gonna be about 5 min long but I will make short version too. The vid will represent

Mr. J, W4veMantis, priest Revan, Turnup Tosser, Charcoal, and myself.

WaveMantis - First Ade, is my stepbrother, Adrian.
I am ready to play when any of you are.

Oh yeah, Blacknight good games with you and your friends yesterday. ****, it's amazing how quick you are at getting good. That Samus is as gay as ever though. I should quit teachin you so much ****. Sooner or later, you'll prolly be better than me. Don worry though, I will keep my gay **** with Falco, and Fox though.

K, I will be at work a lot longer than usual this week so plz, just keep the thread, goin with post and questions and **** that you have. I will hope to play with W4ve, Priest, Blacknight, Mr. J, Turnup and anybody else hopefully this weekend. Hope to see you all then.

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Dont have MSN or my space but maybe VEc does just chech this thread often. Yeah this weekend sounds good ill give you directions when you give me an exact day you"ll be coming. Do you a phone at all? We'll play at my Friend Seans house.
I'm trying to find out if my friends are going to SV this weekend, but if I can't go this week, i will be able to go the next one, oh and I recconected my house phone its (520) 287-6197, what are the directions?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Sat night is good. don't get off of work till 8.
srry i couldn't make it yesterday Vect. I went to work right after i left school.
Oh and Mario is my main again. I don't know...it feels like it was ment to be or something.

and who are BlackKnights friends. do i know any of them?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Ummmm, ok, Saturday, would be good as long as Turnup Tosser, could run it at his house. Ummm, another thing. jus curious mr. J. are we going to Tucson on Sunday to play up there or you don know yet.

W4veMantis, I don think you know Blacknight's friends all I do know is that they use yoshi, and are above average players. The character part. I doesn't matter what character you use as long as you have the determination to use them. All of the characters in the game have a counter character though. so have a backup ready I guess. It's your choice on the character though as long as you can develop ways to use them. Hope you find the right character.

No 9, ok I will try and give you a call tonight if that's ok.
mr. J. WHERE IS TURNUP TOSSER? It's been a while since we have all played each other. Blacknight's Samus is getting pretty ****!n annoying now with Samus's crouch cancel. D-A smash. I haven't played anyone for a while except for Blacknight but for some weird reason I get better by playing CPU's which is gay. The next time we play, we should rank the matches so I can see where to place you guys in the league. (spots) so i can find out who would be fair to match up against and unfair. Hope to see you soon all.

No. 9

Smash Rookie
Yeah call me, I'll be there later, I hope. I have a job interview right now , and I dont know if I'll start today or something. If you call, just ask for Hector, I'll answer or one my friends or brothers will. Later...Oh and if noone answers, this is my Myspace URL (http://myspace.com/sometimes_it_ends) send me a message or something.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Great job Mr. J. keep spreading the word about league play and **** and keep people coming. I will do you a favor and let you beat me for spreading the great word on the league. j/k. Ummmm, since the thread seems to be alive now. I will update the final rules and **** when it happens. One thing is certain. They will be at my house, and If Turnup Tosser, has the day free, even his house could be used for it, with his permission of course.

Anyone else from SV. Spread the word about it. League will be more than just weeks, prolly months as long as people keep showin up. keep it up Mr. J and all.

Can we all play tonight, Friday night, or Saturday night, or even anytime on Sunday, cuz that would kick *** mr. J or turnup. post back if you can or you have an idea.

Pinilla

Smash Cadet
I left a message on vectorman (?)'s phone. I'm stationed at Ft. Huachuca and can play this weekend. In fact, I'm going through smash withdrawl so just give me a call...

My name is Benjamin

Thanks, and hopefully I'll see you there.

I use Ganondorf and I'm not that good.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
:)
I left a message on vectorman (?)'s phone. I'm stationed at Ft. Huachuca and can play this weekend. In fact, I'm going through smash withdrawl so just give me a call...

My name is Benjamin

Thanks, and hopefully I'll see you there.

I use Ganondorf and I'm not that good.
:grin: Yeah, ummm, nice to meet you man. hey when you speak it's ok jus to talk. You sounded nervous when you left the message or something. Umm, ok all of SV meaning all of it that play smash. Mr. J. Turnup Tosser, if any of you are free this weekend and Monday, cuz I will be free ALL of those days. If we could play at Turnup's house or maybe even my house would be ok. :grin:

:) I would like to play you again Turnup Tosser, I want to use a different approach and char against your devastating Peach. I will play you with my main as well. Ummm, also it would be nice to play a serious smashin this weekend since I need to set up the brackets for the league

:p NOTE: The ranking bracket is a TEMPORARY (meaning not permanent and not a ranking thread) bracket. This way I know who to place who with who, on the beginning week of smash league.

:psycho: I know, most of you are saying, yes and you're right that it's still early but this is so I get a basic idea of where everybody stands. I will also do this the beginning and ending days of October, and the Final on the week prior to league beginning in November.

:( Sort of sucks that league will begin right when the Wii comes out so some audiences will be dismissed but when I want to run something, I make sure that it is WELL prepared for. In previous threads, I have had prizes ranging from game accesorries, games, game systems and even cash.

:) FOR NOW I HAVE TEMPORARILY CHANGED THAT AND THE PRIZE FOR NOW WILL BE EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CA$H PRIZES and EB Gift Cards which will be given out Bi-weekly. Prizes range from $5 to $150 dollars upwards. (depending on how many join the league. The other prizes that I had had would have been to complicated to keep coming, and well, you can't go wrong with Ca$h so cash and EB gift cards will prolly be the only major prizes.

:chuckle: IF MAJORITY OF THE LEAGUE PLAYERS (those of you that are signing up or want to play) As long as there are no problems with you on this, then I will have cash and EB gift card prizes instead. if, you would still like the others, such as game accessories and systems, it's ok, but I will not be able to support as much cash prizes. I leave the choice to you all. (SV community) so give me some feedback of what you would like better as prizes.

:laugh: K once again, if we all could smash this weekend at any time would be great. I need to have a basic idea of where everybody stands so I can set up matches against fair opponents. (Basically it's not fair to match up FORWARD vs A 6 YR OLD BOY WHO CANT SPELL SMASH you catch my drift, and see where I'm goin.

:grin: i want everybody to be able to have the same opportunity to win prizes, so people don expect the same people each week to win the prizes. there will be 1st and 2nd anyway so I will spread the joy I guess. REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY TO SET UP FAIR BRACKETS SO I KNOW WHICH SMASHERS ARE FAIR AGAINST WHO.:grin:

I will put smashers in brackets based off of the game UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP

:p There is Godlike, Masterful, Adept, Experienced, and Novice. Based on where you are put will be the players you can play. (Adept's can only play adept's and so on and so forth) This keeps the league balanced. Only at the end of bi-weeks will this law be broken and tournament format will begin.

:laugh: This **** is complicated but balanced. I WANT IT TO BE FUN FOR ALL OF YOU AS WELL.
Well, bracket set up I can hopefully do this weekend if all of you would like to show. Remember don be afraid to call. 520-220-6645 if I don pick up jus leave a message. K and by the way the name's Tim, for those of you who don know. K hope to see you all when it starts in two months, and I hope to meet more of you and maybe we can have something great here. KEEP BRINGIN THE SMASHERS. :chuckle: the best has yet to come.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Well i guess those are the details, Hey i think were gonna play tonight at SEans house with the new guy he's probably just saying he's no good...

No. 9

Smash Rookie
**** I cant wait till November, and the Wii. Hey Mr. J and V3ctorman, are you guys playing next week? I got some friends who wanna play smash. so I can play next weekend.

Top Bottom