• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Still I mean he does has solid mu's imo only losing to mk -3 and olimar -2
other then that it's not bad at all
or am I wrng with that?

why can't I actualy ask this if there was a sheik discussion where sheik or dk also has been discussed?
seems dumb to me lol

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Still I mean he does has solid mu's imo only losing to mk -3 and olimar -2
other then that it's not bad at all
or am I wrng with that?
I'd like to think it's because of his garbage recovery, among other things. The fact that one can intentionally jump into his Quick Draw as he tries to recover with it in order to guarantee he's put into a helpless state, costing him a stock, is a problem. I don't know how often people try to do that, but it's still something that only exacerbates his lack of recovery options. Also, characters who rank above Ike generally have better options against higher tier characters, or so I imagine.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I never really see Ike players start charging their quick draw from up high, they usually start it when they're just above eye-level with the stage.

Probably cause with proper DI you don't really need to use it too often.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
His recovery isn't his worst aspect.

He just gets punished really hard and can't keep up a constant wall to protect himself.
Well, yeah, pair his slow and sluggish moves with the fact that once off stage, there's no much he can do if the opponent is good at gimping, and you have a major headache for Ike.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's slightly in Diddy's favor. All Diddy really has to do is camp with peanuts, wait for an approach and punish

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Diddy's bananas are a pain, but thankfully, Kirby can remain in the air for a good amount of time to avoid slipping. Of course, he has to land eventually. The problem I see with Kirby is that compared to Diddy, he doesn't have much in the way of mix-ups, so you have to rely on patience and punishing. Of course, I play neither character, so this is based solely off what I've seen in matches. I mean, the MU is about 50/50, so I'm sure there are options Kirby has, but goodness knows I don't know what they are outside of maybe his air game.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
the mu is even so you are right at that bro :)

Kirby is kinda slow indeed but he is one of those characters that can stay in the air for a long time. And people need to learn how easy it is to pick up an banana. use an arial with kirby to pick it up get diddy off-stage and gimp him. that's how kirby wants to play. Kirby can actualy gimp diddy fairly easy because of diddy's sometimes predictable recovery. Kirby's bair is like his best tool in the mu.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
everyboday can do that :)

you can even catch it before shielding it but you have to time it right.
like he throws you jump to it then airdodge and press c-stick to diddy's direction.
and you catch the banana in mid air and throw it right away back to him.
If you can do this then diddy is free for most part. ofcourse smart diddy's can prevent stuff like this but most diddy's can't.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
D3's grab definitely beats ganon

Edit: Dang! Double post. It didn't load my first one till I posted the second!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
> See page 255 with many people that doesn't play Kirby or Diddy saying "Diddy definitely beats Kirby".
> Assume that I don't play these characters too and agree with them.

:gova:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Thanks Big D! This is exactly what I was looking for about Zelda MUs, the Zelda players (mostly) intelligent opinions.

Edit: Oh, it's the personal Zelda MU thread... It was just a page I hadn't read yet...

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
> See page 255 with many people that doesn't play Kirby or Diddy saying "Diddy definitely beats Kirby".
> Assume that I don't play these characters too and agree with them.

:gova:
Actually I do play these characters... Its the main reason I augmented my post compared to the other ones. Then again, perhaps I was the reason you typed "many?"

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom