• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
I don't see how people think (Insert character here) is still considered (Amazing | Good | Decent | Terrible) when so (Many | Few) characters have so (Many | Few) (Advantageous | Disadvantageous) matchups against (Him | Her).

Tier list arguments in nutshell.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You know that's just how we show we care

e.g.
[12:28:44 AM] STEF: No your a noob bich *** ****weed
[12:29:05 AM] STEF: Titgargling trash ***
[12:29:16 AM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: LOL
[12:29:18 AM] STEF: **** im mad.
[12:29:50 AM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: You tree-****ting horse weiner
[12:38:43 AM] STEF: The hell?
[12:38:47 AM] STEF: That was uncalled for
[12:38:58 AM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: no
[12:39:08 AM] STEF: ya
[12:39:11 AM] STEF: *******
[12:39:36 AM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: LOL
[12:40:13 AM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: *****
[12:49:14 AM] STEF: **** u

[05/02/2013 10:50:30 PM] swordgard: yeah, your mom really is a *****

[12:25:04 PM] Anojan Palarajah: well there's a surprisingly large number of people here
[12:25:52 PM] Ben O'Remss: r u calling me fat?
[12:32:23 PM] swordgard: yes

[8:05:32 PM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: Swordgard is a *****

[4:48:28 PM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: SM YOU SCUMBAG
[4:48:34 PM] Shiny Mewtwo: ?
[4:48:42 PM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: YOU'RE USING THE TAG V115
[4:48:44 PM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: ON THE CHAT
[4:48:47 PM] Shiny Mewtwo: No I'm not
[4:48:56 PM] Shiny Mewtwo: I'm not even in the chat atm lmao
[4:49:01 PM] Vishal 'V115' Balaram: SWORDGARD YOU *******

K I think that's enough examples
oh hey i can post here again must have just been a bug

After the nonsense in our region's fb group i have 0 respect for the brawl scene, especially our region's. This thread's only serving to further the exact same reason it's such a terrible scene. When people cannot make valid arguments... or see their very very clear self-contradictions... it's just not worth arguing.

No GIF because i honestly don't care enough.

My last word on the matter: If a character beats most of the characters by a fairly large margin in the tier they're in and those below, they SHOULD NOT BE IN THAT TIER REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY FARE AGAINST THE CHARACTERS ABOVE THEM.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Wow guys, Dedede is ass, at least let him be able to win in mid-tiers (y'know, the characters that he can actually win against)

Besides, Dedede has King in his name, Meta Knight is just a stupid bat, he needs to be on top of some hill, even if that hill is made up of sub-par characters

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol @ the 'Lucario, DDD and TL are in mid tier' thing.

The whole point is that you can choose if you want them in or not in your tournaments. Why is this a problem? =/
There's a lot of problems. And I can speak from experience on it.

As I said, I'm actually a legit TO despite how trolly I can be.

4/20 I threw a mid/low tier tournament, basically just allowing Yoshi/PT/Ness/Luigi into LT because they were in the tier above low tier and it seemed to make the event more accessable to more people and get more people to enter it.

Bpow, who plays me a lot, accuses me of "cheating" because Ness/Luigi are two of the characters I play basically more than Wolf tbh.

Keeping in mind that MJG is entering, I'm being accused of CHEATING before it starts because of that.

It turns out I win the event, losing 1 game, playing Link and Luigi exclusively.

Salllllllllltttttttttttttttttt, people are mad mad mad mad that I "rigged" it and it's "robs rules" because I made an executive decision to add more characters that I thought would make it more fun. I guess I was wrong.

I MAIN WOLF.

If I run a mid tier tournament, and I'm like "Oh, no, D3 can't be in it, that's lame, I don't want to get CG'd across the stage like in real tournaments" and I'm like "Oh, yes, Wolf can be in it, that's awesome, I can teleport through the stage and no one will know what's going on". That's a pretty bad specific situation that applies to myself and not a lot of other people will experience (not to mention the Nebraska market is the Marlins equivalent in smash so no one cares anyway).

If I didn't main Wolf, I would be fine allowing Wolf/Fox/Pit/GnW, but because that's my character, I'd be a cheater and it would be great.

tldr; bias exists, and even if you aren't trying to be biased, other people will think you are biased because they are biased against you.

You might argue that due to the fact that the rules before the tournament said that those were the rules that people shouldn't complain because they had access to all of the rules 2 months prior to the event, but people don't actually follow black and white emotions like that.

I already have said that I am going to allow ROB/Peach and Luigi/Lucas/PT into my future events and yadadada, problem solved, but I'd just like to point out that giving people options isn't ice cream and lollipops, it's precision thought and ********.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
After the nonsense in our region's fb group i have 0 respect for the brawl scene, especially our region's. This thread's only serving to further the exact same reason it's such a terrible scene. When people cannot make valid arguments... or see their very very clear self-contradictions... it's just not worth arguing.
2 wifi players who have been to 1 and 0 tournaments respectively are not representative of the entire Brawl scene XD

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
oh hey i can post here again must have just been a bug

No GIF because i honestly don't care enough.

My last word on the matter: If a character beats most of the characters by a fairly large margin in the tier they're in and those below, they SHOULD NOT BE IN THAT TIER REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY FARE AGAINST THE CHARACTERS ABOVE THEM.
Firstly, if you really didn't care you wouldn't have responded.

Secondly, mid-tier tourneys should have no impact on the tier list. Even if D3 creams everything in mid and below, that doesn't mean he's a tier more viable than other mids. That's what the tier list measures, viability in standard tourneys, anything else isn't important.

Secondly, mid-tier tourneys should have no impact on the tier list. Even if D3 creams everything in mid and below, that doesn't mean he's a tier more viable than other mids. That's what the tier list measures, viability in standard tourneys, anything else isn't important.
Eh... A mid tier only tournament would provide you with some information even if skewed in a particular environment. Just since the example came up, DDD doing well against other midtiers is evidence to support his match-up spread with certain characters. This is a strong advantage and thing to consider. If DDD is dominating, then it should be that he ends up in a higher percentile of the overall tier list than in a lower one. Once you weight all the factors the true position is determined, but still mid tier only tourney performance is another possible source of evidence, so its not completely unrelated.

True, you won't give more credit to mid tier placement over say placement in regular tournaments, but it still plays its part is the general idea I am trying to convey.

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
The people who complain how midtiers are going to be only King DDD's winning are idiots. This does not have mditiers in mind it is about how a character plays. Going by this it says King DDD sucks to much to belong in High but is not *** enough to belong in mid. He is Upper-mid get over it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If a ZSS can win Apex, I'm pretty sure other characters can place ahead of a character with an imperfect MU spread who requires a secondary.

D

Deleted member 189823

To generate drama.
Lots of drama.
Over the simplest things, like the name of a tier.
I agree.
I find it kind of annoying that MK mains (clearly MK mains) have given ICs a spot in S-tier. "but it's right next to mk rite". No, they HAD to give him ANOTHER S.

Proves how big of an e **** MK mains have.

^I still disagree with a glass cannon character sitting at 2nd best.
If a ZSS can win Apex, I'm pretty sure other characters can place ahead of a character with an imperfect MU spread who requires a secondary.
Wish we had more tournaments that were purely round robin style against all national level players.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^I still disagree with a glass cannon character sitting at 2nd best.

Wish we had more tournaments that were purely round robin style against all national level players.
They lose to no character except :metaknight: though (And possibly -1 with :snake:). I cannot accept :popo: losing -1 with :rob: lmao.

:018:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's a lot of problems. And I can speak from experience on it.

As I said, I'm actually a legit TO despite how trolly I can be.

4/20 I threw a mid/low tier tournament, basically just allowing Yoshi/PT/Ness/Luigi into LT because they were in the tier above low tier and it seemed to make the event more accessable to more people and get more people to enter it.

Bpow, who plays me a lot, accuses me of "cheating" because Ness/Luigi are two of the characters I play basically more than Wolf tbh.

Keeping in mind that MJG is entering, I'm being accused of CHEATING before it starts because of that.

It turns out I win the event, losing 1 game, playing Link and Luigi exclusively.

Salllllllllltttttttttttttttttt, people are mad mad mad mad that I "rigged" it and it's "robs rules" because I made an executive decision to add more characters that I thought would make it more fun. I guess I was wrong.

I MAIN WOLF.

If I run a mid tier tournament, and I'm like "Oh, no, D3 can't be in it, that's lame, I don't want to get CG'd across the stage like in real tournaments" and I'm like "Oh, yes, Wolf can be in it, that's awesome, I can teleport through the stage and no one will know what's going on". That's a pretty bad specific situation that applies to myself and not a lot of other people will experience (not to mention the Nebraska market is the Marlins equivalent in smash so no one cares anyway).

If I didn't main Wolf, I would be fine allowing Wolf/Fox/Pit/GnW, but because that's my character, I'd be a cheater and it would be great.

tldr; bias exists, and even if you aren't trying to be biased, other people will think you are biased because they are biased against you.

You might argue that due to the fact that the rules before the tournament said that those were the rules that people shouldn't complain because they had access to all of the rules 2 months prior to the event, but people don't actually follow black and white emotions like that.

I already have said that I am going to allow ROB/Peach and Luigi/Lucas/PT into my future events and yadadada, problem solved, but I'd just like to point out that giving people options isn't ice cream and lollipops, it's precision thought and *****ing.
I get what you're saying about those rules - I personally feel those people are in the wrong, which is why i'd say what I do - if you have the rules up, it becomes their job to take it up with you if they don't like it that way. :/

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I get what you're saying about those rules - I personally feel those people are in the wrong, which is why i'd say what I do - if you have the rules up, it becomes their job to take it up with you if they don't like it that way. :/
Don't listen to him. Nobody cares/cared about the event used in the example so the reaction described is overblown rather than it just blowing over. He's just using it to publicly show that he won a tournament imo

If the people cared that much they wouldn't have entered

MX778

Smash Journeyman
What is this "C+, C-" nonsense?

Honestly, the only things right about this tier list is that MK's still broken as **** and that Ganon is still the worst. Everywhere else, there's a problem with this list.

Dedede being Mid Tier? Lol just.. Noo. I don't care how many of ya'll say he sucks, there's like... No reason for him to be that low. It's just like Luigi in the previous tier list. He's too bad to go higher up, but he's still too good to be Low Tier. Dedede outgheys everyone in that tier and below with the exception of like..Fox and Sheik. TL should also be high tier imo.

booty

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree with MX. Only thing I dont agree with is his lack of mentioning that ICs in their own tier is stupid as hell.

EDIT: Oh wait, and the Luigi part. Luigi is butt.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Don't listen to him. Nobody cares/cared about the event used in the example so the reaction described is overblown rather than it just blowing over. He's just using it to publicly show that he won a tournament imo

If the people cared that much they wouldn't have entered
Facebook disagrees.

Also it applies pretty well in a neutral sense to show why it's not always easy being a TO and bias.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
I agree with MX. Only thing I dont agree with is his lack of mentioning that ICs in their own tier is stupid as hell.

EDIT: Oh wait, and the Luigi part. Luigi is butt.
That too! IC's are broke, but they're not like.... CD breaking broken.
Luigi is butt, but not butt enough to be low tier. :p

stop thinking tl is a good char pls :(
Nuuuuu.TL is gdlk :awesome:

D

Deleted member 189823

that's where i get confused. TL is high tier? I personally think fox is better even with a lot of his downsides. besides its easy to work around it in my opinion.
I think Fox is a better character too, but that doesn't stop him from having three auto-loses against the likes of ICs, Pikachu and even Sheik, of all people. TL's only -2 is MK, and he even has a +1 against ICs, a very powerful character.

D

Deleted member 189823

I don't see how people think (Insert character here) is still considered (Amazing | Good | Decent | Terrible) when so (Many | Few) characters have so (Many | Few) (Advantageous | Disadvantageous) matchups against (Him | Her).

Tier list arguments in nutshell.

I like your furry duck. It's so cute. x)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The Upper Mid Tier should be called Borderline imo.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like your furry duck. It's so cute. x)
No Swei don't make this mistake, swei nononono, don't do it!! ;_;

It's not a furry duck... D=

And poisonous, don't forget poisonous
Respect for Kyo:

^
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I

And TL is around the same position as his HT brethren, DDD and Lucario IMO. Sorry Dekill. :(

Top Bottom