• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Tesh

Smash Hero
For anyone saying side events shouldn't affect the tier list, please tell me why Zelda is on the NA tier list 3 times, if not to allow her in low tier tournaments? Its blatantly putting a playstyle on the tier list instead of a character. Anyone who chooses to use only half of Zelda's moveset is playing her poorly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
MK banned tournaments are screwed pretty badly now that ICs are S tier. Dumb tier list is dumb.

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
MK banned tournaments are screwed pretty badly now that ICs are S tier. Dumb tier list is dumb.
Nope. The counterpicking system works with Ic's there after Mk is gone. They have bad and even match ups. Get better vs Ic's and realize they have to work way harder than any MK will ever have too. Only time they don't is when people kill themselves and would rather get Cg'd than take an uair punish for example :denzel:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nope. The counterpicking system works with Ic's there after Mk is gone. They have bad and even match ups. Get better vs Ic's and realize they have to work way harder than any MK will ever have too. Only time they don't is when people kill themselves and would rather get Cg'd than take an uair punish for example :denzel:
You should have realized that this was an incredibly lame comparison to the people whine about Dedede being midtier.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
I realized the only reason TripleD is in mid tier is because otherwise everyone would've been "cool unchanged tier list bro" and thread would've died within minutes.
No drama = **** thread.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
BS. I main Ganondorf but I don't give a single f**k if someone wants to use MK. Tiers are stupid.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
BS. I main Ganondorf but I don't give a single f**k if someone wants to use MK. Tiers are stupid.
I wouldn't care about playing against MK either if I chose the worst character in the game as my main.
If I wanted to have a hard time, might as well crank it to 11.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
With this issue about midtier tournaments being screwed with a lot of midtiers around... Since when have people played Midtier tournaments? O_o
MT is so boring

I wouldn't care about playing against MK either if I chose the worst character in the game as my main.
If I wanted to have a hard time, might as well crank it to 11.
I don't give a chicken's left tit about MK because I main five ****ty characters and 2 less ****ty characters and one semi decent character

Yeah, if you could go ahead and explain the latter portion, that would be great.
What he means to say is that sometimes cats eat their offspring. Especially in the presence of smash players, we just have that effect on animals.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
This is the funny thing... you look the tier list and say Ganondorf is crap. Pretty lame IMO.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Why? He's not?

Even I can't troll this hard.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This is the funny thing... you look the tier list and say Ganondorf is crap. Pretty lame IMO.
I feel your pain as a jigglypuff main, the difference of course being that puff is actually really good but is horrendously underrated.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
Not saying he is easy to use like MK, you know, if you try to spam with Ganondorf you'll get you're ass kicked... just saying that he is not bad like people think he is.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Not saying he is easy to use like MK, you know, if you try to spam with Ganondorf you'll get you're *** kicked... just saying that he is not bad like people think he is.
You're 100% correct. As we speak, scientists are actively searching for a word to describe how terrible he is.

Coney

Smash Master
Not saying he is easy to use like MK, you know, if you try to spam with Ganondorf you'll get you're *** kicked... just saying that he is not bad like people think he is.
yes he is

he's actually WORSE than people think he is

he's just scary and punishes hard, but anyone with twelve ounces of critical thought can poke holes in him easily

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yes he is

he's actually WORSE than people think he is

he's just scary and punishes hard, but anyone with twelve ounces of critical thought can poke holes in him easily
In this case, would critical thought be a solid or liquid object?

based on the purpose behind this post, and for the purposes of my followup joke, Im going to go ahead and assume that its a solid.

thats not even a pound. Not even a full pound of thinking skills is required to beat the pee out of ganon.

That being said, the tier list is made to reflect how good each character is, in relation to every other character in the current metagame. Whatever inferences are made past that, are not the fault, nor the responsibly of the people who make said list.
If people look at the tier list and automatically come to the conclusion that 'ganon sucks' that cant be controlled and its not the place of the BBR to care about or monitor that.
However, the simple fact is, that ganon is worse than every other character in Brawl. What you do with that information is completely up to you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
With this issue about midtier tournaments being screwed with a lot of midtiers around... Since when have people played Midtier tournaments? O_o
Ive been doing Mid tier events and low tier events since 09. They draw in HUGE numbers because the gayness of brawl is harder to find the lower you go on the tier list.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
O.K, you come into a thread that has no bearing on you whatsoever and complain about tiers.

I've got time. :>

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm guessing the guy who reckons Gdorf is good is either trolling or has never versed a decent player who just stood there and waited for him to approach. Gdorf only seems good or underrated when your opponent is dumb and approaches you. If he camps you you'll realise how bad he is, especially when he gimps your recovery everything you go offstage.

Puff is way better than him. Puff has mobility, a good recovery and doesn't have a ridiculously linear approach. She is inherently safer than like all of low tier except maybe Samus.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Ive been doing Mid tier events and low tier events since 09. They draw in HUGE numbers because the gayness of brawl is harder to find the lower you go on the tier list.
True though this may be, low tiers in Brawl are also boring as hell to play and watch. They have so few options and choices. Falcon is fun to watch because his moves are dramatic and flashy, but otherwise, meh.

The sweet spot for Brawl in terms of fun (for spectators, and many players but not all obviously) is like, lower high tier down to somewhere near the bottom of mid tier. Watching Peach and Samus flail around trying to land kills is not entertaining, it's just sad and kind of awkward.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
True though this may be, low tiers in Brawl are also boring as hell to play and watch. They have so few options and choices. Falcon is fun to watch because his moves are dramatic and flashy, but otherwise, meh.

The sweet spot for Brawl in terms of fun (for spectators, and many players but not all obviously) is like, lower high tier down to somewhere near the bottom of mid tier. Watching Peach and Samus flail around trying to land kills is not entertaining, it's just sad and kind of awkward.
The thing about low tiers is that they create options from nothing. That in and of itself is amazing. And no.... just no... Watching BAD Peach and Samus players is sad and awkward. Players like YB and Quik and their Samuses is another story. What you're saying is like saying lets watch a bad MK and call it entertaining. Its not. Its horrible. Why would a bad Peach and Samus be any different?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you go to a Cali tournament, I'd like to see your interpretation of "annihilating" my main :p unfortunately I won't be around for SKTAR this year either, but I might fly back just for the sake of bodying Marth mains that think they know how to fight Wolf.

Except for Ramin. Because I'm pretty sure he actually knows.

:059:
Oh yeah? Money match.
Actually, no, I don't want to money match you. I'm saving all of my power levels/spirit bombs for the me 3stocking Joe.

Where're you going to be? SKTAR/WHOBO?
I'd love you fivever.
I'll just come live with you in Miami.
I need to do alligators and hovercrafting this time or bust.
I'm bringing another Australian with me.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For anyone saying side events shouldn't affect the tier list, please tell me why Zelda is on the NA tier list 3 times, if not to allow her in low tier tournaments? Its blatantly putting a playstyle on the tier list instead of a character. Anyone who chooses to use only half of Zelda's moveset is playing her poorly.

I agree, it makes sense to just have Sheilda on there.
Oh yeah? Money match.
Actually, no, I don't want to money match you. I'm saving all of my power levels/spirit bombs for the me 3stocking Joe.
Johns :p I must admit that's quite a worthy cause though. You can keep your money until you're done taking his :3

:059:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm bringing another Australian with me.
IT WAS ME. :O

*sigh* Have fun and say hi to peeps for me! =3

@Vaati: I understand your outrage of your character being so low on the tier list but... ganon is truly very bad (RELATIVELY) and top ganon mains often say he is fine where he is at the bottom of the tier list. His moves are very very bad, he has very little mobility both on ground and in air and his recovery would only be ok if he had a somewhat decent second jump.

But the fact is, he is outright beaten by many, many characters. :(

HOWEVER there is room to improve; the meta game has not staled as much as people believe IMO and who knows? He may rise a few spots due to performance or hidden advanced techniques? Who knows? :D

Tesh

Smash Hero
The metagame can only do so much about frame data. Characters with good frame data like Luigi and Sheik have potential to rise if some kind of playstyle of discoveries to overcome their weaknesses should arise, but when all your best moves come out in 10+ frames and have massive blind spots...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The metagame can only do so much about frame data. Characters with good frame data like Luigi and Sheik have potential to rise if some kind of playstyle of discoveries to overcome their weaknesses should arise, but when all your best moves come out in 10+ frames and have massive blind spots...
Top ganons find ways to make it work. They get beaten but my point is that even with huge flaws, you can sometimes work around them or find ways to make them work, which ganon mains might do. Who knows?

It's like PK kids - CGs are horrible, so we learn to keep things ranged and space quicker than others, etc.

Btw does ganon's Uair really come out on frame 10? :o

Top Bottom