• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I love it how you guys said that these tiers are difficult to remember, just because you guys are not used to the American Grade System (y'know, from A+ when excelled to F when the exam is failed, with S being outstanding Special cases).
It's just new, and it's not like we all are forced to remember it.

I'm sorry if that sounded rude, Jigglybro

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Where I live, Special cases are autistic people*.

You callin' MK autistic?

'cause I agree.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I love it how you guys said that these tiers are difficult to remember, just because you guys are not used to the American Grade System (y'know, from A+ when excelled to F when the exam is failed, with S being outstanding Special cases).
It's just new, and it's not like we all are forced to remember it.

I'm sorry if that sounded rude, Jigglybro
Dude, I'm from Canada. We use the same grade system. Which really just opens up another point about mental modeling: minus and plus usually refer to 3 data points each, 4 at most, evenly so with the exception of F and A. Meanwhile, B, D, and E tier have no + or -, even though D tier has about as wide a span as C and is bigger than A, and B only has a really tiny range. That would make no sense in the american grading system. SS, S, A+, and A- is arguably analagous to 80%+, which is generally represented by only A+, A, and A-.

the whole thing just feels like pokemon tiers on crack cocaine

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I like how you showed us the exact same link pokefusion as Jebus did
(You're supposed to copy the URL at the bottom, not the one in the address bar)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wow, and to think you guys call me a spammer.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha.... yeah, I thought that might happen, it's why I posted a somewhat vague question on something I said a while ago when I was slightly trying to put things back on the rail (I failed :() kinda.

I'm surprised at how quickly this thread went off topic. There's... not much to discuss I guess because like I was saying before, it doesn't feel like much has been changed I guess?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Lived to 230 something vs a Sonic as Puff once on FD (serious friendly/last stock). Would have lived longer but I won the match. Sonic is garbage. You shouldn't get hit by his kills moves. And then everything else stales.

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
correct me if i'm wrong, but sonic has a total of 3 kill moves and only 1 of them is reliable. the other ones need some sort of set up or a good read to land. sounds pretty bad to me

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
In the Sonic's defense, concentrating becomes a lot harder the moment a Puff exceeds 180% and every time you hit you think they will die. Also my moves especially spacing related staled and he died at like 160-180. His DI wasn't bad... But in the end, yes the Sonic was bad.
V's just salty that I beat his Puff with Sonic, pay him no mind.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure a Puff at 180 will die to a fresh uthrow, bair, uair, fsmash or dsmash. And maybe even a few other moves, though I don't know Sonic's killpower and Jiggs' weight well enough to say.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Jigglypuff at 180% vs. Sonic.

Bair, fsmash, dsmash, utilt, and uthrow would KO.
If you're on SV's platform, or BF's platforms, then uair and usmash would KO.

Dair would KO at that range as well. Fair too.

Ftilt would KO at the edge of the stage.

Fresh ASC/SDR/SDJ would KO.

Nair should also KO.

Bthrow would KO if right next to the ledge.

The Sonic you were playing against must've made a heap of errors if he couldn't KO you with so many possible options available to him. :applejack:

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
or sonic sucks Yes there must have been a ton of errors. But since this is all based on what I hear and I didn't see the match I can only assume.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Real Talk: I've lived past 180 as Puff on halberd with wifi lag vs Marths. I've died just over 200 vs a Snake on BF off wifi in friendlies. The Snake had errors/sucked not the Sonic. People who play Puff and aren't **** with her are godlike at her DI. Also this matches' last stock was in my top 2 or 3 best DI stocks in my life.

And no. All those moves won't KO because a couple were staled. Others were situational as you said. Also, there were no platforms as this was FD. He landed a couple ko moves leading up to that % which is why they staled. Then he'd land another and I'd go to a top corner. And Sonic's bair sucks, fair requires the correct hitbox (and I'm pretty sure Puffs fair can outrange it iirc? ---I don't often fight Sonics) which becomes harder against a char as light as puff at that %, fsmash requires a read, puff can stay out of dsmash range if careful or even punish it, Dair is kind of a stupid option when you're also at kill %. Also... Go find me a Puff who is stupid enough to get grabbed at that %. Yes there were errors on the Sonic's part. Go talk to SP. Puff's meta game revolves around capitalizing on your opponents errors and baiting them.
And yes. This Sonic was bad. I freely admit this. But it is a demonstration of how limited Sonic is (F Yoshi's).

Lastly Sonic is bad and Peach is better but also sucks.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sonic can't kill, this is nothing new.

One-liners get us nowhere. How about we explain statements?

As far as Sonic and Peach go, peach seems better on paper with frame data, but Sonic has usually tended to do better in tourneys. I say tended because I haven't been following much lately. Anyway, if the list goes off of potential...I'd say they're about even. Neither can kill. Peach has frame data backing her up, and Sonic has numerous options in-game to help him. They both lose key MUs in top tier (Peach losing to some characters badly, Sonic generally losing across the board) as well. They should be in the same tier at least.

Edit: edited the MU statements after thinking about it for a bit.

Top Bottom